RANT: 702 Scarabs....worst feat ever now?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Reinheld, Oct 31, 2022.

1. Dene Devoted Player

Because everything has to be fast these days

a few here and there and i'll get the feat in no time, i'm sure
  2. Proxystar #Perception

You do not have to get this feat in the first week.
    • Like x 2
  3. Sghoul Well-Known Player

I think the bigger issue isn't the now...its the 2-3 episodes later part. When there won't be any people in the area to help and you won't be doing the dailies for anything besides grinding to get the feats.

This is one of the main issues with the feat system. They mostly benefit the people riding the current wave. Once the content is past its prime, they become much harder to do because you are likely grinding current content so you have less time to go back and grind old stuff not to mention having way less help to do it.
    • Like x 1
  4. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

No one said you do, but realistically, if you are planning on doing it in a group at any time...the first week is when most groups are running.

Again, this falls into the category of not well thought out feats for those running later. Sure. We'll be down there most every day for 3 months. That's 90 visits to the area. 7 or 8 a visit will be fine every day and it's doable that way while you do dailies. Will someone coming here in a year be down here for 90 days? Will there be any groups most days working on this in a year?

Once again, busy work for busy work's sake....we don't need more of. And again...apples to apples, when reapers was started, they also dropped loot and were part of paying missions. Scarabs? Neither.
  5. Proxystar #Perception

I don't even intend to group up to do this feat now, I will do it slowly over time, the same will apply 2-3, 10 DLCs from now.

It seems to me the bigger problem here is players don't understand what a grind is and everything must be completed the day or week it's released or else.

It's kinda sad, if I'm being honest.
    • Like x 2
  6. Proxystar #Perception

You do not need a group.
  7. Proxystar #Perception

If I did 20 a day it would take 30 days, do 40 a day that's 15 days.

Yes this is truly awful we should start a riot.

Riot in Kahndaq everyone, the scarabs are oppressing us.
    • Like x 4
  8. Leonite Well-Known Player

I think the two boss bounties in Thanagar are the worst. They are timed spawns and the other bounty doesn't spawn until you kill the current one. This took me forever to finish and hated it most.
    • Like x 4
  9. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Wow....English problems today? I literally said you didn't need a group, but IF (that word means you can choose to do or not do something) you wanted to do it grouped, most will be done in the first few weeks. Where in there did I say it had to be done in a group? You also didn't need to do Reapers in a group, but yeah....it's kind of dumb to do it solo if there are other people down there working on it.

Personally I only joined that 1 group as I wanted to see how fast it would go and how far the range it would register. Neither seemed great to me, so I left after hitting the 351. I'll get the rest as I go as I'll be down there for a few months doing dailies. If I'm close and want to finish, I might join another group to top off my counts. As long as it's done by the next DLC, I'm fine with it....same with my injustice and flames counts.

Doesn't change the fact it's a horse-crap feat for busy work only. Solo or grouped, first day or 2 years from now.
    • Like x 2
  10. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Hmmmmm, feat is 702....

20x30=600
    40x15=600

Someone clamp your math skills now?;)
    • Like x 2
  11. Cordelia Well-Known Player

Yeah, 5 or 6 *just when doing the bandits mission*. Add in the other two daily missions and I'm getting something like 15-20 a day barely trying. I mean, I move aside to get it if I see one, but I'm not exactly going out of my way. A few times I've even hit them accidentally. The things are all over the place. I just don't see how this is difficult, but I get that perceptions and experiences differ.
  12. Irvynnge Loyal Player

good for you.
  13. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Well, it can be bad if you are in a phase with other people doing it actively. However, you can hop phases if that happens.

Guess I'd rather just see something like the cannons in the Apok area of Patchwork Them. It was actively a mission goal for the daily mission. So it was a task you could do while doing daily work and it worked towards an eventual feat. Why the scarabs couldn't have counted towards the 3 missions...I don't know. Maybe greens for the bandits, blues for the mummies and reds for the demons.

That would make more sense to me rather than just additional bug squashing, and would probably have cut down on the 'rush' to group up and get it done day 1.
    • Like x 1
  14. Proxystar #Perception

Your entire rant is built around the premise this is absurdly difficult, it isn't you're just upset it'll take some time.

I really don't care whether you do or don't want a group because it doesn't change anything, because your rant is over exaggerated. You're being precious about something that's not that hard.

Oh no a few extra days boo hoo.
    • Like x 1
  15. myandria Item Storage

Good point; however, this game never "nudged" or "directed" players to learn or understand how to grind large count feats or content so boredom doesn't set in. The pacing is very fast and this game hasn't found a solid formula for running large count feats, in my opinion.

For example, the bug feat could have been tied to another merchant npc and stretched out so players could not fulfill the feat so quickly; the mission could have been a weekly mission w/loot drops and require 50 bug squishes ("Merchant X is looking for more help to keep scarabs from the merchant storehouses..."). That would take about 3 months (give or take a week) to complete without resetting, which is about the time period between episode launches (without major exploits/glitches taking up dev time).

I think many players would not mind a slower way to complete larger feats if there were something to gain for the extra work besides a title or a feat complete. Extra loot always works.
    • Like x 2
  16. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Any devs reading this thread: Please consider adding another feat for squashing 5000 beetles when new feats are released later in the episode. It will greatly help the longevity of the episode. That is all :)

Thanks in advance.
    • Like x 2
  17. LowFlyingMoon Loyal Player

I thought players wanted to stomp content for feats. You just can't please some people... :p
    • Like x 1
  18. Plowed In Loyal Player

Why do I picture you in the center of 8 laptops running around squishing bugs in a group of all your alt accounts? It made my day :)
    • Like x 1
  19. Proxystar #Perception

The range on this feat needs to be increased because I can't park my 7 other accounts in the centre of kahndaq and get credit lol :D
    • Like x 1
  20. Plowed In Loyal Player

[IMG]

But anyway, Gratz on the extra +24 health a few weeks or months before everyone else catches up.
    • Like x 1