RANT: 702 Scarabs....worst feat ever now?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Reinheld, Oct 31, 2022.

1. BumblingB I got better.

I think her spawn is broken. I still need her too and need like 6 times as well. I ran around for an hour and couldn't find her at all. Had a leaguemate try to show me and same thing.
    • Like x 1
  2. Eve YouTuber

The most annoying thing about it is all phases are nearly full (Which is also a good thing but yeah) so everyone does that and It's so damn hard to find Scarabs. Also I'm terrfied of bugs, and the squash sounds they make in the game disgust me to infinity and beyond. xD
    • Like x 3
  3. BƖack Dedicated Player

Haha :D:D:D
    • Like x 1
  4. The Con Dedicated Player

You, sir...

Just won the internet.

x 1000 likes.
    • Like x 1
  5. GermanM Committed Player

Paradox by far, this one at least give more feat points (i think)
  6. Eve YouTuber

There is like...5 feats total? The last one includes a title too.
    • Like x 2
  7. Irvynnge Loyal Player

yeah, I'm not doing that.
  8. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Yeah....like the devs. They set up these count feats so doing it all in a rush seems like the 'best' way to do it. The scarabs are not part of any mission, so you WILL be doing something outside the daily work for every one. Make them part of say the 'undead' mission and make the number something that you'd hit after 30-40 days of running your dailies and most people would probably just do them daily.

This is similar to when we had the weekly 'kill count' missions. The M1 218 count weekly mission is a good example. Most of the daily missions in the OW M1 Gotham did NOT reward a count towards the 218 mission...so grouping up and doing it in 1 shot made more sense even though we were normally told to work on these through the week. Compare that to the 401 kills in AF3 OW. All the missions counted towards that count and you COULD get the count done just by running dailies every day in most cases. When it makes more sense to do things in a group and in 1 or 2 sittings, that's what people will keep doing.

Just look at the injustice bounty....day 2 and many people already had it done, even though they will likely be down killing him for the next 3 months weekly.
  9. myandria Item Storage

Hmm...

Well....

In my opinion, this 702 bug squishing feat is almost as bad as the Typhon's Invasion monster essence feat (410 defeat count weekly mission). What makes Typhon's monster essence feat a little worse is that you have to be careful not to take the mission again after you get the feat, especially if you have not played that content in a long time; the 702 bug squish feat is a one and done deal.

I understand that this high numbered feat is supposed to extend the life of the content; however, it has been proven over and over that doing this only shortens player interest, as many players will want to complete this feat a.s.a.p. I have been working on this feat solo and I am almost done; I have been squishing bugs while waiting for On Duty Missions to queue up.
  10. Jcal Dedicated Player

I'm squashing a few every day as I do my solo missions. Doesn't seem so bad right now, but I'll see how I feel by the end of it. It is a high tally, but we likely won't see another Episode until what... February or March 2023? There is absolutely no need to get this done so soon. And we'll likely have some sweet 2x Nth Metal Drops/2x Ally Favor Drops bonus weeks during the winter holidays, so that'll be the time to get out there and squash, lol.
    • Like x 4
  11. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I'd guess you are missing a spawn. If I were a betting man, it would be the one down by the beach near the walk in portal, or along the 'cliff' in the walkway going from the beach back towards rally. I find that when I show people her spawns, those are the 2 people skip and have reported 'I can't find her' to me.

Not saying she can't be bugged, but if she's at the 1 spawn you miss...yeah, she'll never show up at another. I ran a buddy through all 9 sightings the other day in the time it took to do 1 rotation of dailies and bosses and hydra. 20-25 min max It takes about 1 min to 90 seconds to run the full spawn route. Granted, if someone else is triggering her, it will mess you up, but it was dead deadski down there and people generally stick to the boss spawns now.
  12. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Yeah on what you get in rewards, it is a bit better. 1.5 SP for the whole thing...I think reapers was like maybe .6 or .75 maybe? But back in the day, you WERE getting loot for the reapers, so on face they were closer.

I don't even think the scarabs count as kills for Nth or Ally favor/Candy drops. You still need to throw a shot every 10 min or so to make sure you aren't losing out on that too.
    • Like x 1
  13. BumblingB I got better.

Believe it or not, before I pulled up the map, the shore one was the only one I knew. Of course, the map might be incomplete too.
    • Like x 1
  14. K3str3lDC Dedicated Player

Not sure how I feel about this feat yet, but I HATED that oh-so-tedious feat in MP2 with those banners..... >.>
    • Like x 3
  15. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Was that a 'feat' though? As I remember, it was just the weekly count mission. Other than the marks, there would be no reason to take that mission. When current, yeah...we took it as it was a primary mark source, but we were doing dailies down there too. IF you were doing dailies every day, I found that one less offensive as every mission required killing some monsters and they'd add up to 410 by the time the week was up. So you really could just do your daily work and get it done. There are no missions that require killing scarabs and yeah, you could be doing those while waiting for queues, but you could also be doing inventory or brokerizing or knocking out other open area missions or bosses to get paid. We have plenty of 'busy' work to do I think.
    • Like x 1
  16. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Yeah, before I pulled up a map the only one I knew of was the one behind the large Gazebo. When I first saw that area, I was like 'Man...SOMETHING has to be here eventually.' Took a few months for them to add Cheetah, but I knew she'd be there...and she is.
  17. Drathmor Unwavering Player

18. The Con Dedicated Player

Yeah... But, they never really did anything with that area...

Kept waiting for something... but, it never came.

Seemed like they had a plan that never came to fruition.
    • Like x 1
  19. BumblingB I got better.

I know what you mean. I wonder if it was supposed to be a new boss area and they went with adding the shards instead.
    • Like x 1
  20. GermanM Committed Player

I did, with 3 toons xD
    [IMG]
    • Like x 3