Rank the healing powers

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by 6ix9ine, Mar 10, 2018.

1. 6ix9ine Well-Known Player

Never been any other healer except nature how would you guys rank them?
  2. Tilz Loyal Player

I haven't played all the healing powers, so it's kinda "hard" for me to really rank them. Also you need to consider they're working differently.

The following "ranking" is only on my own experience and gameplay. I havn't played sorc and nature and mostly heal in elite content. So I don't see too many different healers.

In my opinion electricity is the strongest is electricity. HoTs are kinda weak and powercostly, because of the revamp. So elec being full burst heal (except Eletrogenesis, that's not used much in raids) is a really really strong options. Also Arc Lightning does a fair amount of damage on huge groups.

After electricity I would rank my "original" power celestial.
    Ofc the HoTs cost much power and compared to elec it's kinda powerhungry, but it gets the job done. The 2 main-HoTs need to be refreshed every 6 seconds. I still love the glyph-Supercharge. It's a 100% now and kinda short, but it can really save raids. Love it!

After those I would rank Water. I saw some very very good water healers, but I just don't like the too passive playstyle with the shields. But it's really strong. And some healing animations are just bad imo.

Last on my ranking is Nature.. only because being soo HoT-Heavy and powerhungry compared to it.

I left out Sorcery, because I haven't seen any sorcery healer in elite content since the revamp.

That being said,
    all healing powers can get the job done. So pick the one you like!
    Sadly all sc generators are useless for the healer role.
    • Like x 4
  3. Charmed Legacy Dedicated Player

Celestial4Life :p
    • Like x 1
  4. Charmed Legacy Dedicated Player

In all seriousness tho, I'll answer your question somewhat without ranking per say.

Celestial is a burst/HoT powerset. Higher on the power cost side of things due to the initial cast cost + combo cost.

Elec is a burst powerset that is much more power efficient.

Water is more burst, but you can utilize the Jellyfish Circle for HoT, and it's also power efficient.

Sorcery is more HoT focused with the usual instant and 4 man burst as needed, but it's still very dependent on Watcher.

Nature is HoTs for days (even tho you know I wanted to say it :p )

When picking a healing power I'd recommend picking what you enjoy most, and what fits your playstyle best. I personally hate playing all other healing powers outside of Celestial. Everyone is different and does things differently so Celestial isn't for everyone just like other healing powers don't do it for me.

I think everyone regardless of role should play the power they enjoy most not which is "OP" or whatever. Hope that helps and feel free to ask if you have any questions. Hopefully I can answer them and you don't stump me lol :p .
    • Like x 1
  5. Mazahs Loyal Player

#1Whatever Healing power I'm currently playing
    #2 Whatever healing power I also like
    #3 Whatever healing power I used to play
    #4 Celestial. Because its hard lights - slowed down bastardized distant relative
    Sooooooooooooooooo Slooooooooooooooooow. (Nah really its fine just too slow for me)

Nature cause its God awful ugly
  6. 6ix9ine Well-Known Player

thanks for the breakdown

and for that second part you see i literally ranked that nature healer up from level 1 to end game content and only as a nature healer, i didnt even obtain dps gear until age or justice. nor changed powers on that toon and i never picked a healing type of power on any of my other toons so i really dont know what i enjoy as far as healing goes all i ever been was a nature healer. aha
    • Like x 1
  7. ThePhilosophy Loyal Player

It depends on CR and stats and mods. Some people that say powers are power hungry make me wonder if they have power gen mods, power efficiency chest mod etc. Resto/power mods are just common sense for me. After resto i put about 40 to 60 sp in might/power for the power only.
    But for new players i know power can be an issue if your team sucks and cant mitigate damage
  8. ThePhilosophy Loyal Player

Sorcery isn't dependent on watcher anymore. The 100 spam power can be clipped, and you can stack dots. Y9u can clip the priority heal with the 4 man heal as well
  9. Ant Tao Well-Known Player

I was electric since the day it came out then switched to water. I would say these are the 2 best healing powers with their power efficiency.

Electricity has a safety net that heals when you fall below a certain percent. Most people dont use electrogenesis correctly, but it is great for raids. Back in the day, good electric healers had to move around and this still stands for electrogenesis. Cast it next to the tank or across from where you plan on standing to make the hot hit everyone.

I give the edge to water though. I can solo heal PanE with beta mods because of the shields. You have a 7-man shield that absorbs damage and gives heals when it pops. If you time it with certain mechanics, no one will die. If you use riptide after shields, you get them back every 12 seconds instead of 18 and the SoS puddle put sorcery to shame. Use riptide after SoS and you can place 2 puddles at the same time. The healing range ends with the jellyfish, not the puddle. If you use bubble + riptide in alerts, you can have a permanent shield on your team throughout the whole alert. I do this and watch Hulu when I heal because you dont even have to watch the screen lol.
    • Like x 1
  10. 6ix9ine Well-Known Player

i hear you can actually spec superpowered with water and it would work. any truth to this?
  11. Tilz Loyal Player

Every healing power works better with superpowered focus. :)
    • Like x 2
  12. Charmed Legacy Dedicated Player

It's dependent on Watcher unless you wanna find yourself doing a Soul Bolt spam. No one truly enjoys having to do stuff like that.
    • Like x 1
  13. Charmed Legacy Dedicated Player

My best suggestion to you would be go on test server and play around with each healing power and see what you think before you switch. I have a feeling whatever you pick you'll just end up back Nature tho lol. Sounds like that's where your passion is, but you're just bored with the same old song and dance. Do you have alts? I would also suggest spending some time on an alt, or testing the power you're interested in that way to give yourself options.
  14. stärnbock Devoted Player

ELECTRO was my No.1, prevamp... not sure how it is doing now, but the burst heals were AWESOME!
  15. Ant Tao Well-Known Player

I havent tried it but I think it could work. I personally go hybrid because water doesnt really need the extra power since its super power efficient. I could see celestial and sorcery using superpowered.
  16. Rylyn New Player

Everyone's going to have their own opinion on this but remember one thing.....any spec can be "good" or "dangerous (DPS)" in the right players hands. It's the difference between PLAYING a spec and KNOWING the spec.
  17. Shellheart76 Active Player

So this list is incredibly unscientific and based on my personal experience. I've done no testing involving actually comparing numbers, this is just what "feels" easiest to use for me since healing is my preferred role.

1. Nature. I ran a low sp nature healer (I'm grinding hard to fix that, I don't want to sound lazy here) and even with ~70 sp, I was easily able to heal t6 and t7 content. Since I've started playing nature has always been the best healer, and it's even better now that you're not forced to play as an ugly bug-person. It's a breeze, and I appreciate that there's no aspect of it that requires people to stay in one area.
    2. Electric. Good healing power, solid. Not much else to say here.
    3. Sorcery. I main sorcery. It's not the easiest power, and relies a bit on people staying in the damn circle (!!!), which isn't always possible. Still, I'd put it right in the middle of the healer powers.
    4. Celestial. Easy to use, and doesn't require people to stay in one place which is a plus, but it sometimes feels like the HoTs wear off too quickly for my tastes.
    5. Water. I have two water characters that heal, and I just can't seem to get the hang of it. I've read guides, asked friends, still. I just don't like it for my playstyle.
  18. Version San Diego Active Player

Circle, soul well, shard, transmute, soul siphon, boon, ritualistic, rejuvenate, and invocation is plenty enough to make a good healing loadout. Not to mention sorcery is the only healers that can basically have unlimited power, Arbiter of destiny. Throw in karmic suspension in your arbiter loadout, its not spam soul bolt, it is spam everything.
  19. Version San Diego Active Player

All healing powers can do just fine. What you are comfortable with is more the issue, and that is just playtime with that power. In my opinion though celestial is still the best all around healing power. Sorcery is a close second. Water and Elec get a tie for third. Nature fills in the last spot. You can heal anything though with any of them.
  20. Ant Tao Well-Known Player

Water is about shields.
    My loadout:
    Bubble, tempest guard, riptide, SoS, tsunami strikes, tranquil pool. I just solo healed Pan E with this and I only have beta mods for my healer at cr 221.
    For alerts you can literally just use bubble and riptide and have a 24/7 4-man shield up. Dpses out heal me in alerts because of the shields lol. Just some advice.