Test Discussion Rank 120 Artifacts

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Mepps, Feb 9, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Samuiel Well-Known Player

The Xp need for 120 rank is too much, reduce Xp please !
    • Like x 4
  2. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

On an unrelated note, I’m relieved they chose Olympus instead of DWF xD
    • Like x 4
  3. Shark Dental Devoted Player

I agree with everything said so far. The devs need to toe a really fine line here. Artifacts can be an awesome thing, but they need careful tweaking.

1. The stats from 100-120 need to matter more consider the amount of grind required. Supercharge generation going from 18 to 24% is almost cruelly laughable. It should be closer to 30% if you want to actually motivate people to go for it.

Same thing with cooldowns going from 15% - 20%. The 5% increase isn't worth it. Should be more like 25%.

2. I don't have a problem with breakthroughs at 40%, because all the catalysts are available in content. HOWEVER, you need to realize how players already feel about the grinds in this game. Do you really want to put them through the possibility of 5 or 6 failures in a row? How much immediate profit is worth getting people to quit (some people would, literally)? Going from 80% to 60% and then 40% was a big mistake in my eyes. Should have left things at 10% increments max. The only exception for this is if you're planning on stopping development on artifacts and 120 will be the final level ever.

3. Artifacts can't be too powerful, however, otherwise it makes balancing content difficult and cries of p2w start being heard. So, more powerful than now, but not too huge either.

4. One cool thing would be to include powersets in artifacts, either as specific tray moves or passive boosts to specific powers (I know, I know, we already have white TC mods for that, but they're different).

a. They could either be passive moves like Fire: Hot Pants (lol, just a suggestion) - "Each successive cast of flame cascade or mass detonation increases channel speed by 25% for 20 seconds, or Nature: Incessant Rash - "All enemies within range of sight take double damage from DoTs for 20 seconds."

b. or tray moves like Light: Gorilla Beach Ball - "Turn into a light gorilla and devastate enemies with AoE beachball constructs," and Gadgets: Mr. Smiley "Toss an innocent-looking device into a group of enemies to drive them instantly insane. Enemies recieve base damage for each effect (burning, chilled, etc.) present."

Not even money in the budget for new sound effects or visuals? Go with things like Mental: Mind Shark, instead. "Toss a shark made of mental energy at enemies..." you get the picture, lol. Earth: Dirty Bomb could be another, with pulsing earth visuals from one of quantum's powers.

c. Supercharge-like abilities could work too, in the form of trinkets with a CD only. Mental: Sweet Nightmares "Summon a giant apparition of Richard Simmons (or one of Tala's huge clowns could work) to devastate a single target." Celestial: Appocolyptic Profecy "Remove cleansed to deal moderate damage to enemies. Reapplying cleansed triggers a massive explosion."
    d. One cool aspect of these power-specific artifacts could be the ability to equip abilities belonging to other powersets, creating our own hybrid toons (at least for that one attack). For example, why not have a nature character with the ability to summon a water octopus, or a light-character/mercenary with a laser shoulder-cannon, or a fire toon who can also crush enemies with an ice fist? Could be fun, not game changing but would get players crazy to level several different artifacts to just play around, which is what most people want to do in this game.
    • Like x 1
  4. Samuiel Well-Known Player

The more difficult something is to achieve, the better the reward should be.
    The more xp a rank needs, the higher (better) the stats should be.

Does that make sense , developers?
    • Like x 1
  5. Samuiel Well-Known Player

After we get rank 100, the xp needed for rank 120 is about double, so double the stats also.
  6. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Oh don't worry, there's always next batch of artifacts with new catalysts ;)

I'd love dwf to be lively again
  7. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Let's take a look at the Level 120 upgrades on a couple of the Controller Artifacts. All of these tests were conducted in CR 224 Controller gear with a large focus on Vitalization (~8900 for these tests). The level 80 Effect tests were conducted on level 100 Artifacts.

Parasite's Power Harness
    Description: When using this artifact, each group member receives a Power and Precision buff each time a unique type of debuff is used. A maximum of three buffs can be stacked.

Level 80 Effect
    Group Power bonus equal to 6% of your Vitalization. Group Precision bonus equal to 1% of your Vitalization. For me, this gives:
    [IMG]

If you use all 3 Controller debuffs, that gives a 1659 Power and 276 Precision stat boost to every group member.

Level 120 Effect
    Group Power bonus equal to 8% of your Vitalization. Group Precision bonus equal to 1.33% of your Vitalization. For me, this gives:
    [IMG]

If you use all 3 Controller debuffs, that gives a 2229 Power and 369 Precision stat boost to every group member.

Conclusion
    I've never been a fan of this particular Artifact. In the real world, you are probably only going to be using 2 debuffs at one time if you care about your power consumption and inflicting effective crowd control. The Precision bonus has always been meager and that continues to show here.

Entwined Rings of Azar
    Description: Using a Group Power Heal gives each group member a Health bonus based on your Vitalization stat.

Level 80 Effect
    Health bonus equal to 12% of your Vitalization. For me, this gives:
    [IMG]

Level 120 Effect
    Health bonus equal to 16% of your Vitalization. For me, this gives:
    [IMG]

Conclusion
    This is another "meh" Controller artifact. Considering the Power stat is generally recommended over Vitalization for Controllers, most Controllers are going to see lower Health boosts than the ones highlighted above. I'd generally recommend Controllers take the Scrap of the Soul Cloak Artifact over this one. Even with the large Vitalization allocation used in these tests, that is a +366 Health boost going from 100 to 120. 366 Health is chip damage.
  8. GokuSSJ7 New Player

Estou ansioso para melhorar os atefatos, mas os benefícios podem melhorar, especialmente dos superalimentados.
    Eu sei que não é o caso, mas podemos ter mais troncos e mais estoques (Tipo: Vault 1 vault 2 vault 3) e no banco de ligas
    :legal:
  9. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Perhaps in the meantime you could simulate the experience by repeatedly banging your head against a wall :(
    • Like x 1
  10. Beard Maaaan Well-Known Player

I think it's lame that two of the three catalysts need the same episode. Some of us premium members don't have every single episode.
  11. Schimaera Devoted Player

Maybe they would be more interesting and actually useful if the effects would stack. Even if they would stack multiplicative and not additive - regarding the percentages - they would be a good thing to have in group. Make this a thing, devs, and it might be worth while to get all the artifacts to 120.
  12. EconoKnight XIII Legion

Speed Force catalysts - Raising Hades duo, Rip in Time alert and Olympus raid.
  13. hotsizz1e03 Committed Player

Not only that but SC generator Artifact conflicts with the SC white mod for the chest.. SC artifact is supposed to gives us a COOLDOWN reduction but the chest mods says every 30secs it will grant you back a percentage of SC points.. So if a SC cooldown is reduced to 20secs becuz of the artifact then you dont get the ADVANTAGE of the cooldown.. Not sure if this was intended or needs to be looked at again...
  14. hotsizz1e03 Committed Player

I do like the numbers displayed in comparison from 100 to 120.. I say leave it.. i need to know how much total difference in INCREASE ill be getting vs making a mental note of it.
  15. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

U can trade for them
  16. hotsizz1e03 Committed Player

Not sure how 25 MoV equals.. 10nth metals... Thats ridiculous can we change this? At the John constantine vendor..
    • Like x 1
  17. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

You are aware seals are available on the broker, right?
  18. WesPypes3679 Committed Player

Agreed 25 MoV for 10xp Nth Metals? 50 for 25xp Nth? If Im ever going to use MoV to buy Nth Metals it would have to be something in the nature of 50 MoV for like 1000xp. Till then I will just collect them from drops. The Ore Detectors work quite nicely.
    • Like x 1
  19. MC GreenLantern Active Player

Yes I am well aware they are on the broker but to get on the broker you either need to use loyalty points, spend actual money to buy or make a new character and get it to 20. I am just saying as they are an item that is kind of vital the higher you level up your artifacts it would make sense if you could earn them or buy them with in game currency.
  20. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

The one you get at level 20 is not tradeable. They are available for ingame currency on the broker because SOMEONE ELSE decided to spend real money/loyalty points so YOU wouldn't have to make that choice. If they put seals in a vendor that would put another dent in people trying to build up a savings.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.