Test Discussion Rank 120 Artifacts

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Mepps, Feb 9, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

• Like x 3
  2. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Question
    If you have an Artifact with a lot of Experience on it, the "current" level doesn't register properly until you drop a new Nth Metal item on it:

Is that intended?
  3. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Feedback
    The UI is confusing for the level 120 boost:
    [IMG]

Are the highlighted numbers supposed to the current boost while the dimmed numbers are the level 120 boost?

The way it is displayed makes it look like a fraction.
  4. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Not intended. We'll take a look. Everything checks out once you add one thing of nth metal?
  5. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Gray is what it will be with the next rank at 120. Good notes!
  6. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Once I add a Nth Metal item, it jumps to the current max level.

My expectation was that the Artifact would automatically update itself without me having to manually add an item to update it.
  7. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Feedback
    Once you get an Artifact to Level 120, is there any need to display the lower-level numbers? They aren't relevant at that point and add to the confusion.
    [IMG]

Should that read as "Soul Tap II"?
  8. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

We'll dig into the tooltips. That second screenshot doesn't make a ton of sense to me.
  9. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Feedback
    Just doing some quick testing on the fully upgraded Scrap of the Soul Cloak Artifact with Battle Drone and Stasis Field (Supercharge Generator):

No Artifact
    Battle Drone: 60 second cooldown
    Stasis Field: Generates 195 Supercharge (150 + 45) per cast

Level 80 Artifact
    Battle Drone: 51 second cooldown
    Stasis Field: Generates 204 Supercharge (150 + 54) per cast

Level 120 Artifact
    Battle Drone: 48 second cooldown
    Stasis Field: Generates 206 Supercharge (150 + 56) per cast

The amount of Experience required to go from 100->120 seems to be about the same as 1->100. The level 120 Breakthrough success percentage is 40%.

That's a lot of work and risk for a very modest improvement.
    • Like x 8
  10. StealthBlue Loyal Player

I got one of the artifacts just barely to level 120, then used it as fuel for a new artifact. The new artifact had enough xp to breakthrough at 100 before adding more xp. So going from 100 to 120 does take as much xp as going from 0 to 100.

I know several people that have stopped at level 80 since they didn't feel the boost at 100 was worth it, or at least temporarily stopped while they work on other artifacts. It will be like getting to level 80 3 more times to get the new bonus (1 more time to get to 100, and 2 more times to get to 120).
    • Like x 2
  11. Ice master187 Active Player

? Is there new old content to run 4 new catalyst and if so which duo alert raid?
  12. Aerith Rose Committed Player

The benefit to experience required is not that good.
    • Like x 2
  13. Proxystar #Perception

Why not make it a + figure and just make the + part white when achieved?

Everything appeared to level up as intended when I went through it all.
  14. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Personally I’m not too concerned about the amount of Nth metal/experience needed to reach the new cap as you get it everywhere, so you’re going to reach it eventually just playing as normal.

What does worry me is the increasing chance of milestone breakthrough failure. 40% isn’t TOO bad, but is it going to keep dropping with every new milestone addition? Where will it end? Some people are already having really bad luck with this (I’m not one of them, thank goodness) so you’re going to get a lot of trouble if you go much further down this road.
    • Like x 4
  15. MC GreenLantern Active Player

Maybe make seals available with in game currency instead of just MC. That would make a lot more sense especially seeing as how with getting to 100 on 3 artifacts it took 14 seals total.
  16. Schimaera Devoted Player

Yay, 20 more levels -.-' so I need the XP equal to 3 lvl100 Artifacts to just level the relevant ones for my main. For a bonus so marginal, we probably don't even realize it in any content.Over the course of the last Artifact updates we got so much constructive feedback on how artifacts could be made relevant but sadly all I see is a tiny increase in stats for so much effort. Also the percentage chance starts to annoy me. And I say that as a person who just buys seals off the broker. What's next? 10% chance for lvl 180 coming xmas '18? It's good to be innovative to an extent and bring new stuff into the game. But making it more annoying and grindy isn't the good solution in my eyes.
    • Like x 9
  17. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

They need to increase our chances of high XP metal as you climb cr. If we're 224 cr, we should be seeing a lot more green and blue metal drops, it only makes sense to get better metal as you fight stronger enemies
    • Like x 9
  18. Liightmare1 Well-Known Player

Rank 20 - 100%
    Rank 40 - 95%
    Rank 60 - 90%
    Rank 80 - 80%
    Rank 100 - 60%
    Rank 120 - 40%
    With this progression where will it end. I should start to decrease by 5% in order to make it future proof.

Rank 20 - 100%
    Rank 40 - 95%
    Rank 60 - 90%
    Rank 80 - 85%
    Rank 100 - 80%
    Rank 120 - 75%
    • Like x 4
  19. Schimaera Devoted Player

Honestly, I don't want any future proof advancements of Artifacts and a future proof decrease in chances. I personally thought Lvl 100 is pretty okay and we should leave it at that. Instead of increasing the levels of the artifacts by a somewhat unreasonable amount, they should give us more variety in artifacts with meaningful effects or just leave it where it is.

I've never seen the artifacts as an eveloping new thing. Sure right now it might be neat and many, including me, might have saved up plenty of Nth Metal. I'm pretty sure I could jump to 120 right away. However I have the bad feeling that we're drifting into the Neverwinter direction. I rather get louder now (and probably for the first time) instead of having the issue of 5% craft chances in a year or so.

And bare in mind that judging by the progression through the levels we probably will only need to run even more of the more recent content to even be able to attempt a breakthrough once.

I'm just not feeling it.
    • Like x 5
  20. WesPypes3679 Committed Player

I 2nd that. The stronger the enemy, the better the Nth metal drops should be.

I think reaching your artifact to rank 120 should have more beneficial stats and perks. That's alot of grinding for very little impact. Ive talked about it with leaguemates and there is little to no interest in getting to 120 if the benefit doesnt seem very ....beneficial or worth the time to invest in.

An idea maybe for future with artifacts, we should have Nth metal dropping Boss Bouties around in Open Worlds. Ones that drop Purples, Blues and no less than greens in a Large cache.
    • Like x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.