Random Epic OP Items!!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by AlyceNefarios, Oct 13, 2017.

1. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

I still disagree. I also reject the idea of it being anything to do with being elite or a completionist either. Ignoring all the pay to win aspects of this system, the drop rates of the item alone would be the worst we've ever seen. I hate the drop rates of the current Omnipotent items and the Omnipotent collections, too, but I'd be begging for them in comparison to the drop rates of an Omnipotent drop that could drop in any instance of the episode.

I definitely empathise with the issues Premiums and Free players face concerning OP items and indeed Time Capsule items, too. Many of the issues are caused by in-game cash limitations. I've been a supporter of removing the cash cap for as long as I've been posting on the DCUO forums. Unfortunately, the majority of subscribers disagree and believe that they only subscribe to play the game without any cash restrictions. Empty threats to drop their subscription are so far working as a successful technique to ensure the devs don't make any changes.

Honestly, I think you're better off abandoning the concept and focusing on supporting R&D Omnipotence items. The system is much friendlier to Premium and Free players, which seems to be the reason behind your suggestion. It benefits all players by circumventing the whole "acquire this ******** feat to start having a chance to receive Omnipotent collections" nonsense and allowing players to start progressing towards Omnipotent items on Day 1 of playing the content. Components being so readily available means that you won't be paying through the nose for anything you're missing when it comes time to build you items.

Of course, there's always a risk the developers will inflate the components required to some ridiculous level or tinker with the drop rates so that certain components are extremely rare. Even so, this is still a better way to handle Omnipotent items than by distributing them via RNG in content or by asking us to collect 12 collection pieces from specific bosses in content.
    • Like x 6
  2. stärnbock Devoted Player

YES, YES, oh YEAH! THAT ^ would give alts a little bit of worth back, i might add, if the stuff is account bound tradeable i might add.
    • Like x 1
  3. stärnbock Devoted Player

i agree. though, i guess the cash cap is the main reason for most to even sub, i think that the cap for itself drives away more ppl from even start playing the game than it is making new members... i dunno, i mean: i would love to have no cash cap and i guess i would still stay legendary (yearly subscribtion (yeah, i trust it will run along (damn, call me loyal (or crazy, for that matter)))) and have a blast with selling things on the broker for all out there having full access to theyr earned ingame cash all of a sudden ^^ and yes, RnD versus RNG...

i vote for RnD!!!
  4. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

OP items were not meant for everyone...that's a fact. Elites and completionists are not the only ones getting OP items...that was only true under the old drop system. Under the current system, far more players are getting them than they ever have before. A small chance at an item that you cannot trade or grind for is nowhere near as good as the current system we have which allows you another avenue (trade/broker) even when luck is not at your side.

For the life of me I cannot comprehend how you can't see that going back to the old way is the dumbest idea ever. We complained for years to get away from a system so random that MANY players would see nothing no matter how many times they ran that instance. Instead of asking for the crafting system we had during the Starro event you want to go back to when only a small handful of players could ever get anything???o_O I don't think you're thinking this one out too clearly.
  5. AlyceNefarios Well-Known Player

Yes, of course. The ones before were all epic drops.
  6. AlyceNefarios Well-Known Player

Again, this idea isn't a comment on the present system.
    I'm not opposed to making OP items via R&D. I'd prefer that to the present system.
    My motivation for this idea isn't F2P or Premium. Personally I can't stand playing without subscribing, but of course many people are content with F2P or Premium. It would be fair if they had a chance at OP items too. I think too many concessions are given to end-game players, elitists, and completionists. They aren't the majority they pose as. Anyone familiar with this forum knows what a bunch of QQ babies many of them are. They are often a negative element in the community, pushing elitist agendas. Remember the months of QQ crap on here before WM was introduced? I didn't take them seriously then, and I still don't. My motivation is to introduce some good random content rewards.
  7. AlyceNefarios Well-Known Player

Yes! It'd be awesome!!
    • Like x 1
  8. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

It’s not elitism though. If two people do X they should earn Y. It would be even less fair if person A got Y and person B got Y +++++++++++ for doing X.
  9. light FX Steadfast Player

But players have the option of buying those collections from the broker and obtaining the OP item(s). The old way that wasnt possible. Idk how anyone can say the old system was better. Even trying to understand that line of reasoning makes my brain hurt.
    • Like x 2
  10. spack2k Steadfast Player

lol i was waiting 4 years to get the op helmet from prime battleground raid ... that RNG was even worse than TC ,yeah i said it... atleast if u have ingame cash u can have some hope of getting the new op item some day with certain.
    • Like x 1