"Random" disconnects not so random

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by bigbadron alt, May 7, 2016.

1. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

Is anybody else seeing this?

I log into the game, play for an hour, then get disconnected. So I log in again, play for an hour, and get disconnected again. So I log in again, play for an hour, and... well, I'm sure you can see the pattern that's emerging here.

This never used to happen - I could play for six, seven, eight (or more) hours at a time, with no problem. Then suddenly, the last little while I get disconnected every hour. To the exact minute.

So I'm wondering if anybody else is experiencing the same thing, or is it something up with my machine, or my interwebs, or something? I'm on the EU server, on a PC by the way.
  2. Supergirly Dedicated Player

That sounds like ISP, to me. Next time you DC, look to see what your net does. Even if for a few seconds, it is enough to kick you. Mine used to do maintenance at the same time, every day. I would lose connection at exactly 6 PM, for 1 minute. Maybe it is like that?
  3. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

The net looks to be okay when it happens. Also it happens at any time of day, so it doesn't look like any kind of scheduled outage.
  4. Kroye Loyal Player

I used to do content with a guy who would disconnect at the same time every night. It was wild

I eventully started to assume that it was just mom turning off his router at a set time every night.
  5. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

Oh, I can get on, and play, but only for an hour at a time. I have to watch the clock - "Been playing for 45 minutes... better not start doing that because I know it takes me longer than 15." Either that, or shut down the game and reststart it so that I can start on the "longer than 15" content. o_O

Since it only started happening recently, I'm sorta hoping it will stop doing it, just as suddenly.
  6. LadyLightning Issue Tracker Volunteer

You should take notes of the times when you disconnect, if it is a specific time or a duration since login, then that might be hint to the cause.
  7. light FX Steadfast Player

Ive had it too. Dcing at least 4 times a day. Always with the 0x0034 error screen. I know a ton of other players that are experiencing it too. I play other games and it doesnt happen. Its not your internet or any other reason ppl wanna give. Its dcuo. Some seem to get it more then others, idky. I used to be able to leave my character select screen up and minimize it and alt tab. Now if i do this for more then about 10mins i have the dcd error screen when i bring it back up. Some also seem to think just because it doesnt happen to them that there isnt a problem. Its a very weird mindset. A large group of players have reported this problem since the start of april. It is there and is happening. Some days it seems better for me and happens less. But then other days im getting it 10+ times a day :confused::mad::rolleyes::(
  8. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

It does it every 60 minutes, across all of my characters. No warning. No specific activity that I'm doing. Just minding my own business, and *bang!* disconnected screen is telling me I need to log in with the launch pad (which I already did, exactly an hour earlier).

So, for example, on Saturday mornings I like to take all of my alts into their bases to check the generators, grab their mail and rack up the base prestige for that week. Plus I do a few missions with some of them, or farm collections or exos. So that takes me a few hours. I can guarantee that I'll disconnect every sixty minutes throughout that time.

It doesn't matter when I do it during the day either - morning, afternoon, evening, dead of night. And I've checked the connection, and it isn't that.

And yes, light FX, I'd say this probably started happening to me around the beginning of April.
  9. JohnDC New Player

It is a page fault with the TOS. I have sent a message to devs about it, to investigate , but since its Friday who knows if they will see message or bother.

Every hour the TOS pops up, some times its doesn't show up but you crash and go straight to PSN disconnect screen.

I have accepted the TOS several times a day, I have deleted the game system files and am forced to redo my game settings each time.

PS3 system, don't know about PS4. :confused:

we will see if any dev reads this and checks on it.

The event still needs to be fixed as well, you finish swamp thing and the technician is ready to activate again. most of us fly out of there quick to avoid what happens next, some player turns him on restarts event, now we are stuck in event, swamp thing stands in middle of room takes no damage and we run around shooting adds. only way out is to die , can't log out when in combat.

No one reads the text chats, so it's hard to warn them not to start him up.

10. JohnDC New Player

Well it seems my message did get through, I received a reply, it was passed on to engineering crew, so we will see if they can track it down this weekend or not.

*crosses fingers* o_O

11. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

That sounds like it could be it, though I am on the PC. *crosses fingers and holds thumbs* which makes it hard to type) =)

And forgot to mention earlier, my sub is up to date, so it's nothing to do with expiring membership or anything.
  12. light FX Steadfast Player

Im still getting it. Some days a lot less other days a lot more. Also when it happens ingame i usually freeze for 2 seconds then get kicked with the error screen. Ive noticed some days where i still freeze like that but it doesnt kick me, but other times it still does. Its very odd. Oh and im on pc. I dont see any TOS popping up and not accepting anything. Unless its in the background and done automatically.
  13. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

Yes, I get a short freeze sometimes too, but not every time.
  14. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

When did you last clear your internet cache, history, etc.? What about deleting all in-game Logs, SaveData, and ScreenShots in your My Games/DC Universe Online folder? I did those two things, and the crashes have not occurred in several days, including playing all day yesterday, since doing so.
  15. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

I'm a neat freak. I clear the cache and history every couple of days, screenshots I remove as soon as I'm finished with them (or, if I want to keep them, I rename them to something easily recognisable and move them to another folder). Deleted the logs and savedata after you suggested it, and I'm still getting disconnected.