Raising the level cap/levelling renewed?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Galil ACE, Jun 9, 2015.

1. Galil ACE Well-Known Player

The game has been out for 4 years now, our stats are getting too big, and our small population is being spread two thin between 7 tiers of end-game content now, not to mention that cross-play is not likely to come out soon enough to help with some population issues. Right now it might not seem that bad but I don't think it will be the same when we have 8, 9 or 10 different tiers of end-game content. While I am not complaining about these too much, I see too many people complaining about them every day and its getting in my nerves.

I don't see any immediate downside to having a raise of the level cap. Some other MMOs don't force new players to run year's old end game to get to current one. While this doesn't really affect me in the sightless I was wondering if anybody in here, or new players would be more likely to try out the game if the level experience was renewed.

What do you think?
  2. Derio 15000 Post Club

If they were to do that. The most logical reason would be in an Expansion of new content. However since DCUO doesnt plan to do an expansion anytime soon, and is still in the process of "finding itself as a MMO". We wont see any of these for quite some time.
    • Like x 1
  3. Reformed New Player

Levels 1-30 can be completed in a day or two. They would need to up the leveling cap to 1,000 to get anything meaningful out of it. ;)
  4. Xanoth Dedicated Player

In a game that's already confused about if it wants to use character level or equipment level to mark progression, I'm not sure what you're suggesting.

Do you intend to just render all T1-7 irrelevant and bring out a new level playing field to just level straight from 30 to 40?

CR == Level as far as progress is concerned, so every new tier raises the cap in regards of how the game works.

If anything I think they should remove completely. Start as you mean to go on. Explain on the brainiac ship that equipping items changes your combat rating and that's your progression. Players would progress through the game with a much greater understanding of how CR scaling works, and how progression through tiers works.

I'd miss XP bars as would most players, normally I'd suggest having xp filter into skill points, but the knee jerk reaction that would cause on these forums would give people whiplash... So... I duno, you could add a tertiary progression system that works alongside skillpoints. Most MMOs have something that XP progresses even at max level, still feels weird that DCUO doesn't and xp just stops mattering at 30.
  5. BumblingB I got better.

The game switched from character leveling to gear acquisition a long time ago. They change the way the game now works to represent that with CR Differential. You will not be seeing a level cap increase any time soon if not at all.
    • Like x 1