Raise the broker cap

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Ryazan, Nov 22, 2021.

1. Jurandyr Ross Well-Known Player

It's a forum, anyone is invited to join any public conversation they please.

But yes, let's end this, there is absolutely no need to continue if your excuse to stop the conversation is you failing to see 1 million as a low number in this game's economy, can't counter my points and yet you accuse me of struggling. Please do go treat that Aneurysm, your delusional behavior already worried me enough of your well being and now this. Take care. Good riddance.
    • Like x 1
  2. Ryazan Dedicated Player

I'm sorry, but a million is indeed a ridiculously low number in the USPS/PC server.

I can't speak it for the other servers, but when there are common people like me, who don't even play the broker, running around with 2 billion in their wallets, a million is really a low number here.
  3. Hunted2468 Well-Known Player

True.
    Currently.
    Things do tend to change from time to time though.

But thats been asked and answered probably close to 4 times in this very Thread at this stage, and I just dont have it in me to type it out a 5th time. Whatever the number actually is, 3 or 4, was pretty generous anyway.

As the Thread was started by yourself, i'll go ahead and assume you'll have no problem finding any of the 3-4 explanations.
  4. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Ok....well the horse is sufficiently beaten by both of us, but I'm not sure why you reference an article (redundant or not) and dive off into what it was NOT about...which was integrated trinkets. If all that mattered was things that are fully tradable, why would we need a 'trinket' submenu vs a 'base item', 'collections', 'catalysts' or whatever? Tradable inventory is just inventory. A simpler request would just be to increase the max space in inventory or bank. Either way if some forum members veered off topic (a way to 'keep' your applied trinkets either in the sub menu OR in your base dispenser), it still would really have nothing to do with what we are mainly talking about...which is uber expensive, tradable items. Trinkets for the most part are not uber expensive, meaning OVER 1B the broker will handle currently.

That whole list you mention is just tradable stock. Assuming you have 16 toons worth of it loaded up, I'd guess you are of the mind NOT to just dump it for a low amount...otherwise you would NOT have 16 toons of that stock. A 2nd account for $5 is a very obvious fix to a simple issue....and anyone who is at the top of the in game food chain knows this already.

And while I get being streesed out about being 'broke' in game, that's really got nothing to do with my objection to the idea. My objection stems from the fact that the ones who already know how to game the system will still know. That thing you or anyone else wants and can't get due to the price will still be out of reach unless you are willing to sit on the broker all day to snipe something when it pops up OR willing to open multiple trade windows to get what you want...and risk being 'scammed' in the process.

Throw all the rest of it away and this is our disagreement....You believe it will fix stuff because you believe the fatcats will react one way....I beleive they will react another. Neither of us can be proven right or wrong unless said system is implemented, so we are just arguing an opinion...which, in the end...is pointless, so I'll bow out. Good discussion, but I think it's ran it's course.

I'd still like to hear your pitch to get me to sell you my Solar for 1M though.;) It should be a doozie.
    • Like x 1
  5. Hunted2468 Well-Known Player

Yeah good discussion alright, glad we could have a civil chat despite opposite views.

I think a final way to sum up how I view it is like this:

Right now, all the Rare Items and Auras and Mats are so overpriced, that nobody should really be concerned about "if" a new system pushes your hoarders to hold off selling them. Its already too late to start worrying about that, because the aforementioned ridiculous prices, make the aforementioned Rare Items and Auras and Mats, inaccessible to a very very large percentage of the games population anyway. The inability to access them started Years before we even had this discussion. Its here and its already real.

So lets try something. Something to finally put an end to it. Something better than just sitting here and watching it get worse every day. Better than increasing caps, just to end up doubling the problem under the mistaken belief that 5% is a higher % than it actually is. Better than uniting the community under a banner of Hate because everyones cash was taken away, only to end up right back here at this very issue within 2 short years, learning absolutely nothing from past mistakes because the broken system and root of all this remained. Something that, going forward, would completely change the value of what is considered expensive and what is not. Something that isn't an impossible mountain for new players, nor a threat of instant ingame bankruptcy for existing players. Just try something.

Anyway, take care :)
    • Like x 1
  6. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Agreed something can be done. We just differ on what that 'something' is. Again, it's a difference of opinion and that's hard to argue...it's like religion or politics...once both sides have stated opposing views, while you can discuss, it's not likely one diametrically opposed view is going to change without some drastic change in their own personal situation.

Peace.:cool:
    • Like x 1
  7. Dene Devoted Player

this.. max selling/trading with money should be 9999999 and thats it