Raids

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Cole MacGrath, Dec 23, 2018.

1. Cole MacGrath New Player

Hey all, was just going through the raiding content for the story and was wondering if there was a good time to queue for raids? I'm on Novice tier 3 right now trying to queue for the Chasm but I can be in the queue for hours then miss the pop-up when I'm in the bathroom and it is getting quite frustrating.
  2. Schimaera Devoted Player

Hey Cole MacGrath ,

there isn't really a good time to queue for raids. Most of the old content isn't ran by many players and even though the evening hours on workdays or the afternoon hours on weekends are most likely to be filled with raids, it is faster and saver to use the LFG Chat to search for players.

Some raids like the Fortress of Solitude ones have portals so you can enter them with less than eight players. Make use out of it.
    • Like x 4
  3. Cole MacGrath New Player

Ah ok, thanks very much. Is it possible to solo them with a high enough CR?
  4. Schimaera Devoted Player

Some of them. Others have mechanics that require more than one player to advance.
    I think Batcave 2 and FoS 2 cannot be soloed (unless there is an exploit/trick that makes it possible ) The rest is possible.
    • Like x 1
  5. Cole MacGrath New Player

Damn that's a real pain but thanks for the help, I'll just do all the content but 8 mans until I hit a high CR I suppose
  6. FlawlessTime Dedicated Player

What server do you play on bud .
  7. spack2k Steadfast Player

Fos 2 can be soloed, i think Batcave 2 and Kahndaq will be difficult ...
  8. Catastrophic Repercussion Dedicated Player

Kahndaq needs at least 3 to activate the well at the same time (Outer Caverns needs 4). Not difficult, impossible.
    I don't think Nexus of Reality can be solo'd unless anyone knows how to pull them to the same room to KO.
    • Like x 1
  9. Schimaera Devoted Player

It's possible or at least it was in Nexus. Bringing one down to the lowest health and then killing the other while running to the other side. I'm pretty sure the time window was enough back in the day.

And I really thought it was Inner Sanctum where you needed more players in the catwoman room
    • Like x 1
  10. Catastrophic Repercussion Dedicated Player

My bad, it is Inner Sanctum. Never good with names ¯\_( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)_/¯
  11. Kzinti Committed Player

Nexus can be solo'd but is difficult, I've done it quit a few times. On the to bots dying close to the same time you have to get both down to very little heath then bring out backups and they will kill other bot.
  12. Cole MacGrath New Player

I play on US
    I've done Kahndaq and Batcave 2 :)
  13. Knarlydude Loyal Player

Marks relevancy has killed any chance for these instances to have decent Q times. It sucks too because the FOS raids are awesome.

Heck, I like all the lower content but since the rewards do not justify the time. Most of the player base pretty much said. " F that stuff "a long time ago.

IMO, the devs need to find a better way to make all lower content [IMG] relevant again. Expanding dailies to include more lower level content would be a start.
    • Like x 3
  14. Noble One Committed Player

tbh its easy just remove the stupid no marks if above recommended CR. they thought this idea was good because it pushed people to move forward. it was brought to the devs MILLIONS of times that the it was the dumbest decision ever because new players would hurt from it.

the devs didnt listen and its showing. instead removing it now they do the "preview" crap to justify the balance and hope new players just take advantage of it. all they did was put a crap band-aid over the problem.
    • Like x 1
  15. spack2k Steadfast Player

i used to dps one side till low hp than put a dot on it while rushing other side supercharging the hell out of the twin to pass
  16. PolishEagle Dedicated Player

Lfg is the way to go. Dcuo creating the advance to more recent cr kind of killed those awesome raids which bums me out. I love leveling alts. Sometimes you will get surprised and get a que. The que goes quicker the higher tier you are at. Once at tier 5 it isn't that bad, or at least this past summer it wasn't. What I do is que 8 man, then 30 seconds later que 4 man, then wait and que duos. Eventually when you finish the alert or duo, you will get the que for raids to pop. Just make sure you are willing to play the role you qued. People will expect you to tank or heal if you select those.
  17. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

Exactly the one I'm having trouble entering. For Villains, where's the portal for the FOS Raids? And how doable is it to Solo those raids if you're CR is a good bit higher than what's required for that raid? :confused:
  18. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

FoS should be in the Meta Wing.
    • Like x 1
  19. Illumin411 Loyal Player

For FoS where you split with Luthor and Superman, you need to warp to rally a bunch of times.
  20. majosea Dedicated Player

yes this what is needed. instead of running limited content or spam replays
    this would help q time for older raids ,
    rewards besides marks how about the new styles and base items from the request threads
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dc...ume-styles-you-would-like-to-see-next.278259/ & https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dc...base-items-you-would-like-to-see-next.164112/ 200 pages of style request and 100 pages for base items request.

the sad part some of the styles & base items request thread that would not take alot of time or resources why because it all ready in the game , years of request not filled