Raid Suggestion...

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by KHALONofOGUN, Sep 22, 2016.

1. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

I think that from here on out, every DLC Episode should include at minimum, one raid that requires two tanks. Why, you may ask? So that the Tanking community gets used to the concept of using their Single Target Taunt ability to separate bosses from adds or one boss from the other.

This suggestion is stemming from the incredible frustration that I (as well as others) are suffering from when running Darkseid's War Factory raid. No matter whether it's a rough beginning or the smoothest ride...when we get into the last boss room it ALL FALLS APART. And the number one reason i've seen for the failures....tanks ping ponging adds back and forth between each other making it next to impossible to Burn Granny Goodness in decent time because of damage split, and the chaos that ensues when there are adds all over the place hitting everyone. It's a prolonged wipe-fest everytime (which usually ends in disbandment).
    [IMG]

The majority of the tanks out there are accustomed to running solo in 95% of the content...so they never have to use their single target taunt. I can't even count the number of tanks i've had to educate on using their single target taunts...and when they listen...things all of a sudden go much smoother. And this problem seems to be even more noticeable on the villain side (been leveling my villain since last week).
    • Like x 1
  2. Ichiro Loyal Player

Sometimes its the tanks and single taunt. I have been in several DWF runs in which the tank on darkseid/granny doesn't single taunt granny or tries to single taunt both of them when they just need to single taunt granny then when she is gone go single taunt darkseid. Atomic seems bad at this they are always using their group pull even when they are on the granny side

Other times its the mechanics. adds that don't respond to taunts, drop aggro, immune to pulls, etc. that run into range of the other tank or attack the group.

then there are just some bad tanks out there.

Even with 2 tank raids there are always tanks that want to solo it. Its an ego thing.

Sometimes it is just the load out requirement for the tank. I have a the multi-pull or the single taunt load outs i run. When you throw adds and a single taunt boss in there i have to change my entire load out to accommodate for both, then change back for adds in the hallways, then change back again for the next boss fight.
    • Like x 1