Raid Replay Weekend And More! Unlock Raids For Half The Replay Badges August 29-30, 2015!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Aug 28, 2015.

1. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Announcing The First Ever Raid Replay Weekend!

Episode 16 launches for Members next week, and to make sure you are ready for the new storylines, we're kicking off a Raid Replay Weekend. That's right, THIS weekend only, the Replay Badge cost to unlock Raids will be cut in half, from 87 Replay Badges to just 43. Play, replay, gear up, and get ready.

Whether you're finishing off your last pieces from Episode 15, getting lower level alts up to speed, or starting brand new characters, this is the best weekend to do it! The reduced Raid Replay Weekend begins with early morning server restarts on Saturday, August 29, 2015, and ends with early morning server restarts on Monday, August 31, 2015.

[IMG]

Final Weekend For The Booster Bundle!

The Booster Bundle runs through September 1, 2015, so that makes this weekend your last weekend to get those auras, Marketplace items, and Replay Badges you need for the new content ahead (or even for the binge leveling you're planning this Raid Replay Weekend). Don't miss your chance at the Glimmering Aura, Blue Smoke Aura, and all the others. Grab a Booster Bundle from the Marketplace before it is too late.

The Booster Bundle ends with early morning server restarts on Monday, August 31, 2015.

[IMG]

Legends PvE Weekend! League Of Assasins Stronghold Is Back!

If that's not enough, Legends: League of Assassins Stronghold is back this weekend for a limited time, too. Get those feats, get those Marks of Legend, and maybe unlock some of those incredible new DC Bombshells before the weekend is up. You know you want to play as those ladies!

The event returns at 4PM PT (US) or 4PM CET (EU) on Friday, August 28, 2015, and ends with early morning server restarts on Monday, August 31, 2015.

[IMG]

Episode 16 Launches Wednesday For Members!

And if somehow you hadn't yet noticed, Episode 16's "Desecrated Cathedral" and "Oa Under Siege" launch for Members on September 2nd, 2015. The new content will be available for purchase in the Marketplace for 400 Marketplace Cash/$4 for non-Members on September 9, 2015.

Catch up on what's coming with the announcement livestream and the Let's Play of "Desecrated Cathedral."

We'll see you in DC Universe Online this weekend!
    • Like x 14
  2. SkullGang Devoted Player

3. OANGL Well-Known Player

4. Scar-Red Nova Dedicated Player

This is a big step in the correct direction.
    • Like x 1
  5. SkullGang Devoted Player

I'm waiting for the fury from those who spent 100's on replays already.
    • Like x 1
  6. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

Why would they be mad about this? Better gear is is less than a week away, 3 days after this sale is over
    • Like x 1
  7. Scar-Red Nova Dedicated Player

You can't justifiably get mad, this sale is intentionally offered at the most useless time. Who needs anything from raids at this point? Still a good move.
    • Like x 3
  8. Veritasum Loyal Player

I only have 3 pieces of 120 total. Need? No. Actually don't even need any 120 piece for that matter. But if I wasn't going away for the weekend, you bet I'd drop some RB to get annother piece or two.
    • Like x 1
  9. Scar-Red Nova Dedicated Player

Exactly. It's a nice way to get people to spend up their replays before the new content drops so they can buy some more next week or whatever. Actually I may like this more than the half of replays thing.
    • Like x 1
  10. ncgreenlantern Loyal Player

I like the idea but I have all the 120 pieces and I'm maxed out on marks so I might not even run the regular raids this week.
    • Like x 2
  11. hotsizz1e03 Committed Player

That's cool i guess, for the upcoming folks, but majority of the folks are at end-game CR 130-131 such as myself. Especially with ONLY 1 RELEVANT raid out.o_O

No point spending replays on the raids, when new content will just override the CR of the previous obsolete episode. :(

SUGGESTIONS:
    In my opinion its bad timing, it would have been dope to see this replay weekend come out a week after bombshells release, Double promo, then drop the booster bundles following week, then new episodes.. The consistent Promos would have been top notch marketing.

Would be nice if we got more RELEVANT raids(4-5 raids excluding ELITE) per 3 episodes.. Duos and Alerts are just too easy, there are no real mechanics in the duos and alerts(excluding fatal exam, best mechanical alert ever)

Gear Drops
    Spread out the Rare (purple) drops within the duos and alerts as well, makes THESE content relevant AT ALL TIMES.

For example : The best pieces can come from the raids

Raids:chest legs head shoulders weapon back feet waist hands
    Alerts: face neck
    Duos : Rings trinket
  12. ProfessorKanua Committed Player

LGBT-Mepps for the win!
  13. Remander Steadfast Player

Majority of folks are not CR 130-1. Only about 20k characters across all servers are in that range. Compare that to those above CR 100: 165k.
    • Like x 1
  14. sepiaskidmark Committed Player

why? better gear drops next week in the alerts. I see no point in spending them this week but when you can spend less next week for better gear.
    • Like x 1
  15. SuperBell Loyal Player

Ih...
  16. bagofboom Committed Player

It's a pretty cool idea. But I agree the timing is wrong. For me anyway. I'm fully maxed on my main toon, both roles so I will be saving my badges for the 2nd of September. But, it is a neat precedence to set. Like, throw it out there on a random weekday (or weekend day) as just a "here ya go homies, enjoy" type thing. Hopefully people will take advantage of it and gear up and then buy more badges.
    Help keep the lights on. :p
    Long Live DCUO!!
    • Like x 1
  17. IceRaider Dedicated Player

Who cares its a nice gesture to help those that are behind to catch up before ep 16 drops ty dev team I appreciate this for those who are trying to get caught up.
    • Like x 2
  18. ErnieB Loyal Player

Thanks devs, there's nothing more to say, even if you don't need it, doesn't mean others wont either.
  19. Schimaera Devoted Player

Yep, next one would be reduce the cost to 0, put a non-changable weekly lockout on raids, make drops guaranteed and get rid of this stupid replay system.
    • Like x 3
  20. Pults Loyal Player

A man can dream..