rage tanks suck, no more lantern or light powers

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by 3066domtroll, Jan 24, 2014.

1. Dark Suzumebachi Well-Known Player

Yes, I tested and it not just Ragebringer. It seems all long range pulls are not getting aggro for some reason. Some ice tanks are having issues with inescapable storm and replacing with movement pull doesn't seem to help either. I my self replaced Ragebringer with low pressure but same result. I just follow up with without mercy, but til they fix ranged pulls I'll be runing both.
  2. CharlieFantom Well-Known Player

I seem to remember something similar being said about celestial and now......

Give it time. It is a fun power, tanking with it is more like fire tanking to a degree. Do like the addition of a shield though I wish it were different in appearance that the iconic. Rage crash avoidance is a bit, clumsy and not certain how its gonna do in higher tiered content but I love the pulls!
    • Like x 1
  3. Dark Suzumebachi Well-Known Player

I think people thought that rage was going to be some god like tank that could take no damage. This is not the case at all. During those 3 or so seconds after your rage ability is on cool down your just like any other tank with no buff, squishy. I think Rage is a balance between having reasonable health and knowing when to use your rage. I would advice to not overkill the health buff as healers will try to spam when your at 20k health but you buffed up to 40k.
    • Like x 1
  4. leapoffaithninja Committed Player

Doesnt rage have a healing ability like fire wish someone could post loadouts
  5. LANT3rN2814 New Player

If I remember right this was also said about fire and earth. I personal ran with some great fire and earth tanks. I am a rage tank, and I think it is a great tank power once you master the mechanics. Most importantly you have to understand your power. If is not the easiest by any means, and you should'nt be running the new raid if you don't understand your power, or master the mechanics of the rage crash yet.
  6. Daitoso0317 Active Player

This aged poorly
    • Like x 2
  7. Daitoso0317 Active Player

In retrospect, this thread aged very poorly
    • Like x 1
  8. BumblingB I got better.

Why, because people were still trying to figure out a powerset that was just released and it has been through 3 big updates that have changed how it work or because you felt the need to bump an over 9 year old thread to make a joke?
  9. Drathmor Unwavering Player

how did this get dug up 2014 thread of crying. at least it proves things never really change.
    • Like x 4
  10. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

You're making snide remarks at someone that hasn't logged in since Obama was president. Cope.
  11. Mr. Mage New Player

honestly, rage is the worst tank power today, though it was much better in 2016-18 during my xbox days, unfortunately, it got nerfed into oblivion and now it's the only tank power that absolutely needs artifacts just to stay up to par with other powers in terms of damage, while it is supposed to be a lighter, more aggressive tank, it's been executed poorly and a good tank build throws virtually all offensive capability out the window

DB didn't have to do rage this this ;-; using it was so much fun when it was good
  12. Barakass Level 30

Good timing, we're all waiting for the heal lantern :p

Otherwise, I agree that another tank lantern power with a gameplay, say more accessible/safe should exist.
  13. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

This whole thread just screams " I'm telling you I don't know rage, without telling you I don't know rage. Rage is easily the most OP of the tank powers. Its just like any other good power, if the user is underperforming/unskilled/inexperienced, then they will blame the power instead. Lol
  14. BumblingB I got better.

*psst* This thread was made shortly after Rage launched and people were still figuring it out. It's 9 years old and was bumped because someone felt they wanted to make a joke for some reason.
    • Like x 1
  15. TI99Kitty Dedicated Player

I mean, they're not wrong. When I read the first post, my exact thought was "Wow, this hasn't aged well.":)

My second thought was "And who the h--l necro'd a 9 year old thread?"
  16. Daitoso0317 Active Player

Im new so I was exploring, and in retrospect it aged poorly, I found it funny and mentioned it, no offense was intended
  17. Daitoso0317 Active Player

Im new and was exploring, i found the thread and found it funny, so i mentioned it aged poorly, as it was funny to me, no offense was intended
  18. Pr0tojay Committed Player

Are you trolling? Because rage is easily the best tank power. It's also pretty good for dps too. You say its the only tank power that needs artifacts? Why are you tanking without arts in the first place? lol smh