Rage tanking

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Gam3r4Lif3, Mar 4, 2023.

1. Gam3r4Lif3 Dedicated Player

My alt just went from fire tanking to rage tanking sooooooo

How exactly does the rage crash work? Do you wanna have it up any time it’s off cooldown? Or only when you are gonna take damage? Can you rage tank with using rage crash mechanic? Do you focus health or dominance?

Right now I’m using manacle, mystic n EoG (will eventually swap this for Lazarus or Everyman or Refractor)

Any tips appreciated, thank you!
  2. not serious Well-Known Player

It's been a while since I've been following rage, but first of all I always advise choosing a max health for all tanks, it's the safest way, then for the artefacts menacles very good, symbol well even if I had appreciated every in rage, lazard hadn't been able to test it in rage but it's my favourite tank art now so why not try it, when your eog had a hard time using it in rage but now in ice I can't manage without it.
    My advice ,
    If you're just starting out in rage, recommend using merciless if I remember correctly, it will help you a lot to not have too much rage crash it's an immunity.
    And the best advice I can give you for a rage is to avoid taking too much damage compared to your health, because if you take too much damage compared to your health you will still get a rage crash.
    • Like x 1
  3. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

Spec health first, to max. Then dominance for what you plan to use as artifacts:
    Mystic and manacles are pretty much the bread and butter of tanks.

With Rage, you'll have to either cancel rage crash, or mitigate with reducer. For cancel setup, my suggestion would be:

Ragebringer or without mercy
    Severe punishment
    Ire (Superman shield and breakout)
    E chain
    Redirected rage
    Your choice.
    • Like x 1
  4. Bubbla Active Player

General tanking:
    Rage and fire health first for almost all situations
    Ice and earth dom first (you are crazy if you max health for ice or earth first).
    Atomic it depends.
    Usually I’m running
    Pull, dreadful blast, ire, redirected rage ,hard light shield, severe

Arts: manacles, mystic, your choice ( many like laz)
    • Like x 1
  5. not serious Well-Known Player

more and more often very large attacks go through the shields and in these situations being full dom doesn't help as opposed to being full health
    • Like x 1
  6. Bubbla Active Player

Some special attacks go through. And they generally don’t hit for max or even close. But you are lowering your primary damage mitigation for very little actual gain against a small minority of attacks that are survivable assuming you 1 have a shield up so you aren’t taking damage or 2 block.
    • Like x 1
  7. Retire Well-Known Player

For any non e+ / SM content, I spec health first then rest in dom. LO is ragebringer, severe, remorseless, echain, without mercy, ire / redirected rage. In content of that caliber you can get away with not running any shields with rage. For e+ / SM, your loadout would b almost entirely shields (for every tank power) and you would max dom first then health. I use manacles in every tank l/o. Generally I run Man, EoG, Scrap (and use dash atk / PP). In higher level content I typically run Man, Laz, Refractor / EoG. You'll want Lex and Superman as support allies
    • Like x 1
  8. Gam3r4Lif3 Dedicated Player

I’m leveling Allies on a budget right now. I have nubia at lvl 7 for combat, Calc Bot at max (first passive for health gain), and for that 3rd slot who would be more beneficial: lex or supes? I know lex is easier to get due to opening TC as opposed to using 500 SM
  9. Retire Well-Known Player

Lex > Supe
    • Like x 1
  10. Trykz Dedicated Player

Rage bringer
    Severe punishment
    Vindictive (eog art)
    E chain
    HL shield
    rage shield

Arts- manacles, mystic, eog

With our 1k supercharge eog works really well with rage.

Allie’s- Nubia (40% group heal) , bwl(finisher debuff), Diana (pull debuff)

Rotation- severe till 9 o’clock, e chain to cancel, clip with a shield, repeat next rotation clip with second shield.
    If timed perfectly you’ll never have any downtime without either severe or a shield, if not timed perfectly then you will need pdf in belt to cover 3rd rotation.

Utility belt- chronic emitters, personal dampening field, supply, and dealers choice (ally for power extra shield, orb for damage, or whatever you want)

I’ve tanked everything in the game using this loadout and rotation.

I’m sure there are a dozen other set ups you could use to achieve the same results, this one just works for me.
    • Like x 1
  11. JLAxPOWER GIRL Active Player

Not sure about elite content, but it's entirely possible to rage tank without using rage crash. There are enough self heal abilities, and a rage version of fire's absorb heat that often goes unused or forgotten, that will help you out. (can't recall if the empowered chaneling mod works with it, but if it does, slap it on). You'd be speccin' hard resto crits, augs and ad.augs to keep that restoration high.
    • Like x 2
  12. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

Just to give a little info/update. I ran multiple different sp setups with Rage using Mystic, manacles, Clarion. The idea of getting maximum self healing.

Elite setup*
    Ragebringer (primary pull, and heals).
    Severe (absorption, +15 seconds of fervor).
    Weapon buff (improves Clarion healing and shield).
    Redirected rage (about 6 sec of fervor, shield).
    Ire (breakout, heal, few sec immunity).
    Dreadful blast (rage cancel, juggles enemies).

Remorseless recovery vs weapon buff (for Clarion): remorseless requires you to be dealing damage as much as possible, heals are highly affected by your damage. Little to no damage equals no healing. Clarion+weapon buff means healing (12 chances) of roughly 11k+ (with provided SP setup to follow).

Weapon mod: your choice (I prefer power return).
    Head mod: your choice (mine is setup for DPS).
    Neck mod: fortified assault.
    Back mod: redirected rage
    Chest mod: healing or health (I use healing).
    Leg mod: (laughing).
    Feet mod: tumbling master.
    Hand mod: max damage.

I'm using dual wield (quick attacks are kinda important).
    SP setup:
    Focus hybrid.
    20 critical heal chance
    Max dominance (affects healing, shields)
    Rest into health

Clip severe with weapon buff always. Use weapon attacks as much as possible (Clarion heals more than remorseless). Ire right before casting dreadful (to ensure clean crash cancel, and if you use Superman ally, you get a shield at times). Redirected rage right after cancelling. At 6 o'clock on the shield cool down, recast from the start. (This ensures you'll be able to use shield on time, every time).

For regular content, you can replace severe with remorseless, and replace dreadful with without mercy. Keeping remorseless and Wesson buff active at all times will keep you healed just fine, use shield when needed.
    • Like x 1
  13. Drewbolt Greatest Healer of this Generation

How much damage is mitigated by doing a move that says something like, "significantly reduces damage taken from rage crash"? I assume it's a percentage, but I don't see any information regarding how much it mitigates.
    • Like x 1
  14. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

Pretty sure it takes away half of the damage that crash is expected to give.
    • Like x 1
  15. Drewbolt Greatest Healer of this Generation

When using Remorseless Recovery, do you lose the Fervor state after you received your 6 ticks of heals or does the increased 50% defense continue on for a set time?
  16. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

I'm thinking it's a %45 increase.
    With severe punishment, fervor last 15 sec (more than cool down).
    With remorseless, fervor last 12sec (same as cool down)
    With redirected, fervor last 6 sec (1/3rd of cool down)