Rage Tank Guide (2 Builds)

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by bigbuddah180, Aug 1, 2017.

1. bigbuddah180 New Player

So ive been working rage since nexus and dox. Knowing this power Ive gotten lazy BUT now with stats revamp I have to learn my FAVORITE POWER all over again.

I have come up with 2 different loadouts. 1 HEALTH based build and the other is a SHIELD based loadout.

The health based loadout I feel is for people with low skill points and the shield is for high skill points.

with the SHIELD loadout its like ICE but better. You can have: redirected rage, troll shield, healer shield, boo shield, sidekick shield, and weapon white socket shield. That's 6 SHEILDS

What My youtube video where I show u how

Shields Loadout:

Health Loadout:
    • Like x 1
  2. Bigpapasmash180 New Player

Thanks for the video..it helped
  3. Memphis Rainz Well-Known Player

4. Wallachia Devoted Player

You know what would be really cool? A Battle Tank loadout for Rage.
  5. Bigpapasmash180 New Player

ill look into that..thanks for suggestion
  6. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

Can you also type this out for some of us who dont want to sit through a video i can read faster then watching a vid... no offense but its way more helpful then having to stop and back up when i need to look at something more closely
  7. Bigpapasmash180 New Player

I'll work on it for you. typing it out would make it a little more straight forward. It's pretty simple when I think about it. I'll work on it.
    • Like x 1
  8. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

Thank you ... i do a lot of my dcuo reading at work its where when im bored i come up with builds in my head and try them out or read builds and see what others are doing... i cant watch vids at work and by the time i get home i just dont wanna sit and watch youtube..
  9. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

wouldn't it be best to go health regardless of SP'? As rage has always been about stacking health as high as possible (to a extent) and cancelling the crashes when needed?

So wouldn't it be best to get

health, power, dom

now as rage? Providing you have the SP' to split into all 3 area's.
  10. TankIsLoveTankisLife Level 30

Rage Tanking main mechanic isn't working correctly atm. Assuming you dont have a ton of SP to go with both dom and health, dont bother too much with dom. Health all the way...which sucks because i like the health stack mechanic currently but its just not worth it.

The health bonus we get by putting SP in dom then getting your hit counter up is so small and insignificant its hardly worth it. Its better to mod/SP straight health, then sure if you got more SP go dom but even then i see better uses for those extra SP.
  11. Bigpapasmash180 New Player

I was wondering if the hit counter meant anything. I feel my survivability goes up when I can keep my hit counter up. What is your hit counter suppose to mean?
    • Like x 1
  12. SparkmanX Committed Player

I don't understand this
  13. Bigpapasmash180 New Player

I think that what was meant was they changed the heal back mechanic of rage from 100% health returned on damage taken to a portion of health returned to the amount of damage taken and he believes that you need to spec into health first to try and negate that issue.
  14. TankIsLoveTankisLife Level 30

Whats not to understand?

That't not what i meant. What i was trying to say was . . . Currently you spec dom . . . get your hit counter up . . . . your health goes up based on your hit counter. Great right? Well kinda, assuming you have dom fully maxed and you get your hit counter up to 50x which gives you your max health bonus potential, the bonus in health is so small its hardly worth speccing into dom let alone trying to worry about keeping your hit counter up.

To simply this, Imagine you spent your skill points as such.

175 Dom / 0 Health
    (50x hit counter = 10,000 bonus health)

175 Health / 0 Dom
    (20,000 Perm Health)

Mind you numbers are not accurate, it was just to prove my point.
    The bonus health we are gaining from the hit counter (dom bonus) is not worth it because the adds take down all your bonus health in 2-3 hits. Its better to just get all health mods and spec into health as it will benefit you greater.