Rage Precision DPS Loadout

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Rev Almighty, Jul 20, 2019.

1. Rev Almighty Level 30

Hey everyone, here is a video of me showing what I use for my Prec loadouts whenever I'm Rage. I did mention that I don't use Berserk and to be completely honest even though I have my opinions on the damage between Berserk and Neo-Venom I don't know for a 100% fact which one does more damage but on paper it seems like Berserk is the answer. Maybe Obsidian or another DCUO analyst can hop in their laboratory and break each of them down with some tests. Either way I hope this video helps someone out!
    -Rev

Catch me streaming sometimes on www.twitch.tv/WorldFirstDCUO
  2. Yaiba Committed Player

A rage precision dps without any rage powers... don't call it rage prec, just prec :)
    • Like x 1
  3. Rev Almighty Level 30

;)
  4. Trexlight Devoted Player

Berserk you use in melee. Neo Venom if using Range. Berserk will copy 80% (if memory serves, might by 75%) of the damage you do and this buff lasts for 6 seconds. Berserk is better but its only good in melee and this game doesnt like melee lol.

Also, with it being a Precision build, you're using too much Power so as a Precision build you're missing out on the Precision buffs from the Controllers. Loadout should be more geared towards DoTs like Galling Eruption or Plasma Breath and then Utility abilities. Especially needing a Shield when in Melee range.
  5. CrescentMoon Well-Known Player

Just adding: You don't parse at 32-36k with that setup. You had one 36k parse with 53 hits and 17 crits (32.1% chance) showing. Problem is that the combat log shows hits from your pets. During that 10s time interval, you had 16 pet ticks that I was able to count, which means you had 37 ticks between tornado pull and flurry, 17 of which crit'd. That's really a 46% crit chance. That's a toss out.
  6. Rev Almighty Level 30

Well you obviously don't know how hard prec can hit for if you run a perfect rotation. I've tested parsers with this for a stupid amount of time and why would I need to bluff or lie about what I average when parsing correctly?
  7. CrescentMoon Well-Known Player

To save face on how good your dps actually is for ego purposes. By all means, exclude the shield in the rotation so you can parse infinitely and show a few(2-3 sets) of 60s (6 10s parses) of you not dipping below 32k at any point like I do with gadgets. I'll put 100mil you can't do it.
  8. Rev Almighty Level 30

LOL, if you knew me then you'd know that I really do my best to not show an ego in a negative way like that. I don't need to lie about a parse, People see how much damage I really do whether it's in a comp or on stream in a raid and everyone who's played with me can speak on how good my DPS actually is. It's not that deep and I don't have to flex. There's no other power I like using that works well to clip with other than the shield, I stop flurry shotting for a few seconds to pop it so there will be a drop but when I'm parsing for like 15 minutes straight I'll get in a groove and start to average parsers in that range. It's not like gadgets where you can go constantly. Keep your money and just appreciate that someone is putting out a loadout to try and help others.
    • Like x 1
  9. CrescentMoon Well-Known Player

Still just seeing talk and not numbers. And I have no problem with putting out a loadout to help people, especially when you're on the better end of how flurry is supposed to be cancel'd, but giving false averages for what you parse is what caused people to panic about how good precision was and it wasn't until some of those people went prec themselves that they saw that the numbers they heard about weren't actual averages but just high crit outliers or what they parse in content when they're buffed up and not what they do on a sparring target. Not clarifying that or lying about that hurts the community.
  10. CrescentMoon Well-Known Player

sidenote, both of these are biased parses.
    controller power dump - adding 3k+ to parses (tested on test server and went from slightly above 26k up to 29.4k+)
    controller defense debuff - adding 10-14%
    controller parasite artifact - adding 750-1000+ precision
    another precision dps - adding cog passive
    phylak passives - adding another 10% precision
  11. Rev Almighty Level 30

Last reply you're going to get from me...I've said it once and I'll say it again. 95% of people who have been prec or even currently are don't know how to use it properly. I can average these parses with this loadout and I'm not going to argue about it with someone trying to say I can't when I've spent hours on hours practicing it lol. Just because YOU can't do it doesn't mean others like myself can't either. Keep practicing and maybe you'll get those numbers too. Much Love!
    -Rev
  12. CrescentMoon Well-Known Player

You can spend hours practicing but you can't take 5 minutes to upload proof :rolleyes: Might as well take my 36-40k clip I had 1 time out of months of parsing with gadgets prec and upload them and say I average it but never show it again xD