Rage Melee Loadout?

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by TheFantomFarhan, Feb 12, 2018.

1. TheFantomFarhan New Player

I've been toying around with variants of rage melee loadouts including either galling eruption/violence for plasma burn clipped with severe punishment. And then my main damage being composed of outrage into lacerate (repeat) or outrage into revenge (repeat) or even outrage into revenge into eviscerating chains (repeat). Does anyone have an optimized melee rotation for rage dps?
  2. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Galing eruption clipped with severe punishment, outrage (both inputs), revenge, back to out rage until galing comes off cooldown and repeat. Robot sidekick and bezerk for the last two slots.

(Note, you will use a lot of power)
  3. gemii Dedicated Player

if you can handle the power usage

Erruption clipped with punishment, outrage combo, dreadful blast combo, if there at 35 percent use e-chain, supercharge beserk

Erruption clipped with punishment outrage combo, revenge combo, if there at 35 percent use e-chain, supercharge beserk

replace erruption with violence or use both if you want.. violence inflicts plasma burn to whom ever is near you.
  4. Kryptonian Being Committed Player

Why didn’t anyone not include Relentless Anger? If you have a supercharge power such as berserk I find it it’s really useful. It causes plasma burn just like Galling Eruption, it affects more than one target when they’re together and it increases your supercharge gain.
  5. Schimaera Devoted Player

Violence c/w Severe Punishment
    Outrage (2x combo) -> Revenge
    Relentless Anger almost on CD, has a bit of a learning curve when not to use it. Since it is only slightly faster than Revenge+clipped combo it is sometimes more useful to not use it and to get a bit more damage out.

Supercharge: Berserk, period.

I'm running with this since revamp and so far haven't seen a melee LA that could defeat it if you play tight. The big plus is that you have an all-lunge-loadout with a double dot (violence+severe punishment) that is always on your focus target.

Galling Eruption is nice of course but in focussed fights it isn't more helpful than Violence. Also, GE's DoT is lower than the one of Violence :)

DB is very power heavy and works really good in fights where you don't have to switch targets that often. Being able to hit targets at range is good, especially with moving bosses, but on new spawning targets you're better off lunging in (having auto PI thanks to violence) or lunging in with Relentless Anger.

It's all a personal thing really and I'm sure I would do great with DB. But so would the people using DB if they were using my loadout. Thing is, it is a thing of preference and playstyle. If you don't like a certain playstyle you're more likely to underperform with it compared to the one you like.

On the Eviscerating Chain thing: I am super sad that it doesn't benefit from any PI anymore. The way it is right now I just like the extra super from RA more than EC itself. It's cool to use and to look at though. Same goes for Lacerate. It's nice and all but bottom line it won't yield the best results.

As for supers: Berserk all the time. NVB would work as well but until there's a Supercharged Neo-Venom Boost III just don't use it. The survivability is neat though. Totally situational and most of the time not recognizable but neat ^^

Ah and lastly: Stay away from RSK. The more challenging the content or the mechanics are, the more often you would need to re-summon it, the less time you will spend actually dps'ing and the more time you will just have a dead slot on your loadout :D
  6. AKXC Well-Known Player

So whats a good ranged loadout? Melee does a lot more than what I've tried with rage. I'm doing DB clip with PR and then DB with frentinc bomb and it does decent dmg but it's not great in t8 where I can't melee bosses
  7. Schimaera Devoted Player

Well it still can do a decent amount of damage. If you want an AoE loadout you're pretty much set with Dreadful Blast (2x Combo) c/w Frentic Bombardment (3x Combo, not 4x). After three Bombardments DB will be off cooldown again so you should start using it again.
    Plasma Retch is basically what you're going for when going for max range. You can use Dreadful Blast including its combos twice until you need to reapply your Plasma PI.

As for supers there are two options:

- Berserk: Still rage's best supercharge no matter what. Only downside is that even with a range loadout you have to be in close range to your target to get the supers effect. However, if you know the mechancis of the content you're running you will find that SC window where you can be at close range (even in Elite Content). For situations where this is impossible our where you don't want to take the risk use:

- Neo Venom Boost: So far this has more benefits than Infuriate. If you want to buff more than just your attacks you are good to go with Infuriate as well.

__

So that makes four slots: Plasma Retch | Dreadful Blast | Frentic Bombardment | Supercharge

I suggest spending the last two slots on either single target abilities so that you don't have to switch armories (Channel Hate, Heat Vision is still good) or you are going for the safer route and use Severe Punishment (just a safety net since you're doing Ragecrash Cancelers all the time) and Redirected Rage just for the extra survivability - and the shield got pretty decent with the Revamp.

I personally go for the last option while having a single-target armory.

Keep in mind that even at single-target Dreadful Blast is still one of your (if not the) strongest abilities. I found to do really good damage with Rage even at full Range.

Hope this helps