Rage is to Over Powered

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by STAR FIREX, Aug 29, 2015.

1. Fastest89 Well-Known Player

You sound Incredibly ignorant, how can u say players are not fightng it right when u know nothing of the ops fighting skills, those powes are op u just wanna pick a fight.
  2. COMBATICUS Dedicated Player

Def right about the bro part, my apologies meant to say drone since that's what u are as well so cool story drone. And FoTM? U must have gadget, metal and ice confused with rage lol
  3. Fastest89 Well-Known Player

Blah blah, thats how you sound rage is op it is my opinion, and the drone remark was aimed to your likers read on.
  4. Drathmor Unwavering Player

rage nature and hardlight all fall into that category in PVP currently
  5. Drathmor Unwavering Player

says a rage player ^
  6. Drathmor Unwavering Player

according to the devs PVP and PVE are not the same thing as far as changes go they can make all the powers act differently dependent on if in PVP or PVE
  7. Swiftduck Loyal Player

wow, really? rage is by far one of the easiest powers to defeat in pvp.

They hit hard, but thats only if you let them hit you.
    • Like x 1
  8. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

That is correct, but first they need to balance PVE which is very much impacting PVP. Once PVE is balanced, I can see PVP getting some love while work would be done for support roles...

I think we have to go back to role specific gear in PVP. Fire tanks have an unfair advantage due to the high resto they get due to the flat stats we all get with PVP gear. With tank gear, fire tanks would not have that high of a resto, reducing their healing ability, and making them inline with other tanks.
  9. Drathmor Unwavering Player

i really have no problem killing a fire tank you just have to out fight them. its the practically one shots you get hit with by Rage, Light , or Nature that are out of balance.. one counter and your through or like what i bumped into all weekend in twos a team up of two of the said powers you get stunned by Light and destroyed by rage before you can through a single punch is in no way indicative of a fair fight or balanced PVP. hopefully PVP like you said will get some love as unlike what others have said in this game it is not a after thought or side part of the game its just as vital to it as PVE to the people that love it. besides the best players in the game are fluent in both PVP and PVE
  10. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

When you say it is one shot, are you talking about a duel or PVP arena? Duels are not PVP, sorry, they just are not. In most duels, players use PVE gear that has higher stats than PVP. At one point PVP had higher stats, now it is the other way around. With 11K might and using one AG I will kill you in 2-3 hits on my Ice Toon. On my Rage toon, it is one ability being used, but you are getting hit multi times, even when you block. I dueled Rage players and I was able to counter their attack and lunge them and landed one ability and wonthe match. Dueling is like PVP but worst due to the mechanics not balancing stats prior to the start of the duel.

In Arenas I never experienced a true One Shot. I have experience going down with about 2-3 hits. Similar to a duel, but most true arena fights should take more, over 5 hits would be a more balanced fight. Now if you come onto a HL toon that has already built up their AM and the continue with it at you, than you may get a one shot, but you should of blocked or lunged the player taking them out of their AM combo move in the process.

Going 1-on-1 with any player for me at least it is a few hits before I go down. The least amount I have seen has been 2, Gadget player using Duel Pistol and EMP. Not sure what he did but I got hit for 500 by the weapon and emp killed me. That was when EMP was hitting 2x as hard as it should have been. Even when I lunged, I could not take them out. Also and issue at that time for Gadget.

Today PVP is still broken with AM and WM ruining it. Fire tanks having the same resto as a healer, making them stronger and it takes more for a DPS player to take them out.

I remember when Ice Tanks were king and most players had a hard time taking them out due no damage Ice player would get going between Bitter Winds, Reflection Shield, and using the breakout abilities.

Like I have said, PVP has been broken since GU36 landed, WM killed PVP. I use to play PVP for the fun of it prior to GU36. Now I play it sparringly for feats.
  11. IceRaider Dedicated Player

Yea I wake up in the morning and think who do I wanna fight with today lol. Gg dude rage and hl are just as squishy as every other power. If you counter correctly boom you're on top if not then they stun you ur screwed.
    • Like x 1
  12. Drathmor Unwavering Player

I mean arenas and it not technically a one shot by a single player but more like two shot one to stun and the other to kill.. one on one its a entirely different story with rage as you can beat them if your able to move but a nature and rage or a light and rage your dead before you can move. and im by no means a novice at PVP, its by far my favorite part of the game but twos are ruined right now by those three powers.
  13. lanternknight Committed Player

Most don't know how to fight against rage and hl. If they did they wouldn't have such a hard time against them. That is the simple truth of the matter. Which has also been a huge problem with people coming on the forums complaining. Rage users all do the same thing. Power Outrage into combo outrage, clipled into power revenge into combo revenge, clipped into power evicerating chain into combo envicerating chain. That is it. All the combo versions are vulnerable to block. Even if yku dont block and the person near blocks that is good enough because the combos are aoe type attacks. Now once that rage user sees you are not going to let him hit you freely with that rotation they bait yku to block and block break you with a weapon or dreadful blast. That or they will save when you block broken and are down on the ground since it takes about two seconds to get up. Which that isnt Rage's problem. That's the idiotic mechanics put into pvp that wasn't like that when the game first came out.

I don't think the OP has a understanding of rage. Simply from his comment about the rage user not rage crashing. Of course they won't rage crash when they are allowed to do the rotation I explained. Each one of those moves ignore rage crash. Another reason people new to learn to block.

Stuns and kickbacks also work well with taking rage user out of that combo. Use this knowledge and go prevail. Also, dont ps4 a rage user hang back in arenas. Go at them to keep them from getting free damage. If you see the rage user attacking a teammate that doesn't know to block you need to lunch ge in near them and block the combo for them.

Now, if you still want to complain with all the knowledge I gave you people to fight against rage, you are then just complaining to complain.
  14. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

When playing against two of the more OP powers forget, you are screwed, even if you yourself are using an OP power.

This is why I believe in arena breakout should not use any power, AM and WM should be removed, damage from all abilities and weapons should be decrease, making PVP matches take a bit longer but make it more about skill and less about who got the big hit first.
    • Like x 1
  15. ThePhilosophy Loyal Player

That's not the point. What would be your answer if he said 500 matches, would you believe him then?
    • Like x 1
  16. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

You are correct when 1-on-1. When you go against HL or Rage and they have back up so that you cannot counter or block break them you are screwed, period.
    • Like x 1
  17. COMBATICUS Dedicated Player

But that goes for any power as well lol. Not just rage or HL, while those 2 might be the best pvp powers atm, but what u said can easily be said about any power with back up. As I stated earlier when I ran against quantum and ice or any other power there was always one guy hovering above BB the other throwing wm BB from a distance and the rest up close to make sure I don't get to them and thwy win. So sayin rage or HL having back ups and can't lung or counter because of their back ups then that goes double for rest of the powersets as well
  18. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

My PVP loadout is filled with shiedls. HL, Light Barrier, etc...why cause it reduces damage. With weapon damage increased you can focus on doing weapon damage on one while using your ability, shield, to keep you alive. Yeah it sounds stupid, but it works.

When going against Nature, HL or Rage player and they have backup I find my sheids are typically useless due to the higher damage these powers do in PVP.
    • Like x 1
  19. COMBATICUS Dedicated Player

I'm not sure why, but I have rage crashed with other HL users doing that, I have died countlessly specially when there's back up.

The thing is when u have a decent grp every1 going in and knows what they doin ull def be on top. I queued for pvp and my team always get slaughtered, I go in with lgs and everythin is smoother. I'm tryin to make a point which u were sayin as long as rage has back and HL they unstoppable.

Now I'm not saying that's not true all I'm saying is that with the rest of the powers under experienced players and know when to counter and stay back and BB any power can overcome other powers.

Again I'm not sayin rage and HL don't shine in pvp, all I'm sayin is that with a good grp that knows what they doin they can overcome a rage user. It has happened to me from experiwnce
  20. Fastest89 Well-Known Player

Theres nothing squishy about those two
    Knowing the power is one thing but wat can u do if the power is broken, people who defends these powers amazes me with their ignorance when it comes to wats right and wats wrong, it really doesn't take a genius to see if these powers are broken.