Rage is still looking great

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Flightboy, Feb 5, 2014.

1. Flightboy New Player

Firstly, Precision DPS > Might DPS... Huge imbalance there... BALANCE this ASAP!!!

Secondly, Scorecard watchers, QQ'ers, Nerf band wagon hoppers guess what?! Rage will still blow out all equally skilled power sets in melee dps... So, I am opening this thread for new ideas about Rage.

I will say that I DO agree with outrage having a longer cool down, but 3s is a bit extreme. I disagree with the increased cool down on dreadful blast as the ranged rage dps IMO was very balanced.

I know a lot of you disagree or dislike this statement, but it will always be the player not the power... I've watched every power set do great dps numbers (including electricity) I believe this is what separates players who understand their powers fully and FOTM button mashers... Unfortunately to be the best dps at some powers at this time you have to utilize things outside your two power trees. (PD, Consumables, etc) This ties into my first sentence if some kind of might buff happened I think it would make for a much happier community. Just my thoughts.

Best of luck to you all I can't wait to read more QQ about Rage. :)
    • Like x 6
  2. Poo New Player

This thread is FOTM
    • Like x 13
  3. Zezimar Committed Player

This comment is FOTM
    • Like x 3
  4. Poo New Player

Now THAT is a problem! :p
    • Like x 3
  5. Flightboy New Player

How so? If a change was made today and I posted about it the same day? zezimar had a better comment... :p
  6. ThePhantomTerror New Player

Rage is broken and I won't hop off the bandwagon until justice is served.
    • Like x 3
  7. Flightboy New Player

It was fixed ^ like I said to an extreme (3s cd on outrage 2s would have been better)on one end and meh on the other (aka didn't really see the issue with dreadful blast)

Regardless, even with the "fixes" it will still be a top tier dps.
  8. razor Red New Player

Personally outraged clipped with outrage was what bugged me. It's good now.

Now if we could just tone down celestial and photo blast that'll be great.
    • Like x 3
  9. Flightboy New Player

Rather than just saying it's broken give me your constructive ideas on what you think needs to be fixed :p
  10. Flightboy New Player

Exactly and agreed!
    • Like x 1
  11. Zpred Dedicated Player

I agree, outrage although needed adjusting I feel 3 seconds was a just a bit much, 2 seconds or pushing it 2.1-5 would of been better.

Can't say I agree with dreadful blast cool down or chain. They seemed ok.

I think beserk was the real issue needing looking at, and outrage, but as I said 3 seconds wasn't the best decision imo, I know we can clip with other powers but still..

On a positive note, was good adjustments to the tank side of cool downs :)
    • Like x 1
  12. Spike New Player

Hl claws can do it also, it must be bug also, nerf it and fast like you did with rage, oh wait HL is here for 3 years, blind devs ... ( or maybe no ?)
    • Like x 1
  13. Flightboy New Player

New LFG: GLF Rage Tank :D
  14. thelostczarnian New Player

i agree the nerf will not be effective in decreasing rage melee dps in pve...only more complicated and less fun since outrage spam was more addictive than crack (animated like a buzzsaw...loved it)

yes it is. 2s or even 2.5 would keep the flow. 3s makes it all awkward for anything but pve

i dont even see a issue since it times correctly with the complete combo

• Like x 1
  15. Flightboy New Player

I agree with ya again not really hurting much. My thing was simply why "fix" something that wasn't broken is all. PVP lol is going to be interesting switching my loadout though... I see rage PVPing as farm blues then burst damage then back to farming blues... Wait that's how I always pvp'ed o_O
  16. ThePhantomTerror New Player

Berserker, and fix the Rage mechanic healing back 100% of damage in DPS role and we should be good.
    • Like x 2
  17. Kristyana New Player

Can I just get some clarification on why you don't agree with the cooldown on Dreadful Blast? You can still clip the third hit with itself and that was the one that did the most damage in the combo by far.
    • Like x 2
  18. Flightboy New Player

Yes you can still clip it with itself at the third hit, but you cannot cancel the animation (for the most part) any longer. As a result loss in damage per second. I didn't see a problem with clipping out of third hit animation with itself I guess would be better clarification.
  19. Kristyana New Player

You can still clip out of it though with any other power. As far as I know there were no other changes to it from that aspect. Are you referring to jump cancelling or using a weapon? Because I would always just clip it with Outrage.
  20. Whiteroom New Player

Berserk I get, but in the end, its not as bad as people make it out to be.
    Also the Rage Crash mechanic is what make Rage an individual powerset. Asking to take that away is like asking to take clipping from HL, Quantum Tunneling from Quantum, Cleanse/Corrupt from Celestial.
    "Hey! lets make all sets the exact same, with the same mechanics!" Is what you are really saying. But from your previous comments, it would seem you know nothing and are just regurgitating what other morons have said.

Just to clarify, the Rage Crash mechanic does not simply heal back !00% of damage... It heals back all damage at the end of each second. This means if you get one shot, or take a few hard hits within a second, still a KO. Also you have to hit a power at the proper time in cool down to remove it, otherwise, it all comes back at once. Stunned, Knocked down, entrapped... your done.
    • Like x 3