Rage is Obsolete/Outdated/Useless and needs and update

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Pimsel, Nov 7, 2019.

1. Pimsel New Player

Rage has been taken into a state where it simply does not work anymore...
    rage is no longer competitive;it has become an obsolete power due to its mechanics wich are no longer effective in the DCUO of today making rage become an useless power.
    let me explain...
    the community knows what I mean ...
    if you are gonna say "All powers are good if you know how to use them" then you are fooling yourself. (That logic is wrong in this game, at least righ now)
    Because let's not fool ourselves; We all know that in the game there are powers that simply are "better" than others,whether they do more damage or their heals are more potent or simply their mechanic makes them more effective than the rest. (Even the community it self has got a term for this phenomenon... "OP" wich means Over Powered)
    Example:
    We all know right now the "OP" powers are Atomic and Mental; atomic mechanics are simply great,an atomic tank can put all of his skill points in Might and Power to do massive damage while doing massive healing (because yes its self healing and dps are OP) atomic tanks spam powers to heal then they do massive healing while taking advantage of their high might and high power doing massive damage as well. (While in tank role having a +20 health buff)
    Mental controllers spam their shields avoiding 50% of the total damage you inflict (or try to inflict) to them while restoring their power while doing a ridiculously high damage. (while they of course debuff you)
    Then there's rage...
    Rage in damage role: rage does a "high" damage but nothing "real" in the DCUO of today; earth can easily surpass it just by spamming jackhammer and rage will take 100% of its power bar (using all of its loadout abilites) to do the damage earth will do with 50% of its power bar. (again using only 1 slot of its loadout).Then in PvP no matter if you can inflict massive damage using rage you will run out of power 2 times faster than other players doing a mediocre damage (and of course you will fight an atomic tank wich will heal all the damage you inflict to him or a mental controller wich will avoid damage while reducing your damage output and restoring power to keep spamming shields) beeing killed before you can kill your opponent.
    Rage in tank role: rage tank is a joke (right now) its healing abilites are ridiculously weak they simply are not enough to be competitive in PvE if you don't have a healer in your group you will simply won't be able to stay alive for more than 3 minutes in a row your health is ridiculously low your healing abilites (to resist damage) are pathetically weak and your power bar is too low to be in a real raid 50% of the time you'll be out of power (withouth controller).And.... its mechanics... rage healing abilites are based on its damage... then if you can't do damage you can't heal.. in PvP everyone spams shields...... as mental controllers do... see what i mean? exaclty! 50% of the time you opponent will have its shield up making impossible for you to heal yourself.... you simply can't rage tank in PvP.

What do you think?
  2. C3alix Committed Player

Uh, Rage is fine lol. What is your loadout? And how are you spec'd?
    • Like x 4
  3. DemonLordMomo New Player

But rage, mental, and atomic are one of the 3 most broken powers in pvp.. Not to mention rages eChain isn't blockable when not clipped immediately. I'm pretty sure you've seen alot of players using these 3 specifically because it's the must use powers in pvp. Rage has annoying knock back along with it being unblockable, having high damage and self heals. The only true power likely to compete against it is Mental because of its stuns and reflect pain along with the other shield abilities. Rage melee wise in pve is great from what I've seen as well. We won't see any change in this unless pvp itself is worked on or thought about when balancing powers.
    • Like x 1
  4. DemonLordMomo New Player

And regarding rage tanks in pvp.. I sincerely congratulate you for giving that a try. I haven't seen yet 1 inside pvp. Only dps role. Therefore I have no idea if rage tanking in pvp is good or not. Pve its one of the best tanks.
    • Like x 1
  5. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

Fixed that for you.

Also, for what it's worth, Mental has problems with a capital "P". The fact that it does PVP even passably right now is a little bit of icing on top of a cake made of pinecones. But yeah.

What he said.
    • Like x 2
  6. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

Yikes. I'm wondering what game you have been playing, because it sure as heck hasn't been DCUO lol
    • Like x 5
  7. xXHeadlinerXx Dedicated Player

Is April Fools Day in the fall now? I read it twice and I think he is serious. I mean I guess Rage might range isn't the best, but it is great for prec, great for might melee, very good for pvp, and great for tanking. Rage is in the conversation for best overall power in the game.
    • Like x 3
  8. spack2k Steadfast Player

I am astonished that u see so many flaws in rage tanking but no word about doubling abilities cooldowns in tank role making it impossible to battle tank with abilities which is the only issue i see for rage tanking.
  9. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Agreed. This thread is either someone trolling or just not good at rage.

To the OP, why would you rage tank in PvP? If you main goal is to do good in both PvE and PvE, then go earth. You can run as a dps, in tank role, in PvP and do just fine.
  10. Wallachia Devoted Player

Good day,

I have fixed your post for you with my Universal Internet Language Translator 5000. It goes as below:

Glad to be of help. Have a great day.
    • Like x 3
  11. DDGSKT New Player

I agree rage tank has become impossible to master with PvE saying most powers only give "a portion of your damage back to health". Then how the hell is it considered tanking if I cant get equal to or greater healing back making me need 1-2 healers. My dominance is already low saying majority of "tank armour" lowers most of it. I must put every sp into might to get that "portion" a bigger amount. Even with high defense I still manage to get wiped with that small portion of health added. I mostly find myself depending on powers trying to buff my health w/o getting enough heals to stay afloat hence rang tank broken. I have no problem with DPS tank. I do enough extreme damage those portion of my damage goes to health powers would heal me completely, saying I can keep popping the group effects and heal off multiple foes. The rage tank could use a little bump IMO
  12. Bendmetal Dedicated Player

I miss the old rage, it was much more suspenseful anticipating when to cancel the berserk mode and getting all of your damage healed provided you had good timing. But current rage isn't all that bad, but the DPS mechanics that center around melee'ing (in a game which punishes you HARD for doing something like that) need a major overhaul to fix that.
    • Like x 2
  13. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

Not sure if serious...
  14. Wallachia Devoted Player

$10 OP made a second account just to agree with himself. This happened in Paladns forums A LOT.
  15. Illumin411 Loyal Player

Like others in this thread, I was wondering if today is Opposite Day until I realized the OP was mostly talking about PVP.

There's a rage tank in my league who was solo tanking MOMe start to finish with a 279 CR, 210sp and running two DPS artifacts (cog ad A.I), none of which were over 120. I'm not sure that'd be possible with other tank powers.
    • Like x 1
  16. Tabby Belle Well-Known Player

New player, only one post. This is a super early (or super late) April Fools' Day joke.
  17. Royal Knight Kiryu Well-Known Player

To be honest I was rage for five years and after what they’ve done to it I can’t use the power anymore. In order to get maximum damage you have to Malay, but if you Malay especially in elite rates you’re already dead. When it comes to using rage crash as a tank in PVP it’s essentially a death sentence. When it comes to health stacking that’s clamped into the ground regardless of how many skill points you have. And if we’re gonna talk about healing why don’t you sit here and tell me how remorseless recovery is the same now as it was five years ago. Hell it is an even based off of the same static was five years ago, now that powered like many others is based off of restoration despite the fact the overwhelming majority of rage comes from dominance. just to be clear even as a lazy now part timer I’ve got well over 400 skill points and my base dominance two episodes ago was over 22,000. There is an a single way any dead or active player can sit here with a straight face and tell me rage as a DPS and tank hasn’t been given the short end of the stick in comparison to the other tank classes in the game.
  18. Aaron7K Active Player

Lol yikes!