Rage AM

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Bendmetal, Mar 5, 2015.

1. ShadowTheHunter Well-Known Player

I am glad they updated this. Even if this is melee-oriented, any form of power back for Rage combos is much appreciated. Thank you guys who have supported it.
  2. CH13F New Player

when next update gonna arrive? i really d like a powerback. how you all managing power as a tank? soda only?
  3. Wanning Comet Committed Player

The changes in this GU will probably hit Live in about a month or so. There are no changes to tanking, or at least on intended changes to tanking, I've not tested explicitly but I'm pretty sure you can't use the power back mechanic in tank stance.
  4. TheDarknessWithin Loyal Player

After watching this video for Range AM

I was disappointed by the lack of creativity. Who wants to spam DB!?

Boring!

Channeled Rage, Frenzy, Rage Blast could have so much potential...
  5. Errorcode1058 New Player

Rage AM should be a Useless Pet AM balanced with Crystal.

Rage players deserve to have something to be enraged about!

Sincerely,
    Earth
  6. Biester New Player

Then that is somewhat a bit of a shame considering that quantum doesn't have to be in the center of the action as with rage's am. The risk of being ko'ed is a lot higher when you are meleeing, therefore, the damage of rage's melee am should be slightly higher than that of quantum's. Why be a melee rage dps when you can be a ranged quantum dps and not have to worry about the risk while getting the same damage out if not more?

I remember the devs stating that they intended all powersets to be equal with the exception of having celestial, rage, and hard light just slightly aheaf of the rest in damage out because of the "high risk, high reward" playstyle of the powers but yet quantum is clearly outdamaging everything while I don't see the "high risk" involved with celestial and hard light. So it seems to me that quantum is over-powered atm based on the previous statement while rage's ranged am can't compete with celestial or hard light's (nevermind quantum's am).

So, imo, what needs to happen is a slight nerf to quantum's am (grab your torches and pitchforks) and a way for rage melee'ers to have better survivability while performing their am in order for rage, celestial, and hard light to be equal but slightly ahead of the other powers like the devs originally stated. If rage does not receive some kind of extra survivability such as a health or defense buff then I see this as a wasted update with the exception of receiving a power back function. What good is a melee am if you can't use it?
    • Like x 1
  7. Shad0wReap3r Committed Player

Stop crying. We get it, earth AM sucks, sorc AM sucks, do you really believe they are going to be left AS IS.

Step 1: Ensure all powers have an UPDATED AM. This is happening in a set order, based on the order in which powers would normally get their updates or the order of their release. Currently, Rage is the last of this list.

Step 2: Make adjustments to powers that are obviously lacking vs other powers, as well as make adjustments to powers that are way out at the other extreme(Quantum).

Sorry. I do understand as I main Celestial, and until our update I would have to put us pretty close to equal to earth, below or above by a very...very little. It just gets old that every single time a power is getting an update, and people are making suggestions as to how said update should be handled(CONSTRUCTIVE FEEDBACK), we deal with stupid stuff like "Earth sucks...fire sucks... sorc sucks... be happy you are getting an update at all...blah blah blah."

That said, I'm pretty sure Celestial and Rage players did the same when other powers were getting updated, so this is also directed at those players. Why must everyone cry about another power getting their update? Do you truly believe that with how many updates HL got before it was fixed, and how very obviously poor certain power sets are stacking up vs each other, that they are just going to leave them as is?
    • Like x 2
  8. Biester New Player

Dude, seriously? This is like the 10th time I've seen you post this across as many threads. If you dont like earth's pet am then switch your damn power to something else. Before you continue to hate on rage just realize that rage's ranged am does the SAME damage as earth's except earth has a variety of ranged options while rage has only one true ranged combo (the other ranged combo comboes into a melee attack). Rage doesn't have it any better than earth, my friend, except for the tanking side.
    • Like x 1
  9. Wanning Comet Committed Player

Quantum is way out of line of all the powers damage wise and needs to be adjusted, though. Range rage is fairly well balanced with the other current AMs and melee rage keeps up with current quantum on dummies and in content where you can melee.

If you could melee more reliably then melee rage would have to be nerfed just like quantum needs to be nerfed. Since melee is very hard to doj in top tier content, rage is very much a high risk-high reward power and it's fine for melee to be as high in potential as it is because of that.
  10. Biester New Player

I guess my biggest question is, "does rage RANGED am compare with that of celestial and hard light?" It seems (correct me if I'm wrong) that celestial and hard light are doing slightly more damage than the other ams excluding quantum as the devs had originally intended. If rage's ranged am is comparible then I see no problem. If it is not, then that forces rage players to melee in order to be in line with hl and celestial and that is simply not possible in most current-tier raids, therefore, rage would be under-powered.
  11. Wanning Comet Committed Player

Honestly I've not compared it to HL, but, when I compared it to cele it was about the same. I don't know if my rotation was optimal for cele, I just tried a couple that had been suggested by people talking about the power in TS.

Now the one thing that might make HL and cele better than range rage in actual content is the fact that GE is still centered around the player so you have to play in mid range as rage to max your potential while you can be at max range with no issue when you play HL or Cele. I'm hoping we can get GE changed to be cast around your target rather than around the player, though. The range dps might need GE to stay competitive but I'm still looking at it. GE and Retch don't do a lot of damage with the new mechanic but they do make a difference.
    • Like x 1
  12. Biester New Player

Thanks for the response but I have one last question for you since I do not have access to test servers. Does the am work in tank role? The reasoning behind this question is:

1) I have a hybrid tank armory that allows me to easily perform my tank duties while dishing out around half the damge of even skilled dps and I'm wondering if this update will make my hybrid armory even more bad*** than it already is.

2) Any kind of power back mechanic in tank role would be awesome.

I know all other ams are strictly dps except for nature but I'm just curious if rage's falls in line with the rest or if it gets either the power back mechanic or the savage state mechanic.
  13. Wanning Comet Committed Player

I don't think it works in tank stance, but I've not tested it yet.

My gut is, that even if you could get the Savage State power back to work in tank stance, it wouldn't really matter that much since the only tank powers that are affected by the power back are cancelers, which are on such long cd in tank stance that you wouldn't gain anything unless you slotted two of them and even then I don't think you'd gain much, and then there's Bl and GE, I personally don't like GE as a tank power and Bl is such low power cost that it probably wouldn't matter much.

I think for Rage tanking, we'll still have to use WM for power back.
  14. Wanning Comet Committed Player

Just tried using outrage and chain back to back in tank stance, you do not get power back and there is no increase of damage. Also, because of the increased cd of cancelers, I couldn't even maintain a rotation of them even if I didn't clip.
    • Like x 1
  15. Biester New Player

I use GE, Outrage, E chain, and bloodlust on my hybrid build which is why I'm able to put out the damage numbers that i do so I guess that is why I am curious. If you would like to test out my hybrid build my loadout goes as follows:

I use dw wm with the loadout of Outrage, E Chain, GE, Violence (sometimes swapped with Bloodlust), Ragebringer, and Relentless Anger. The rotation goes like this:
    Ragebringer clipped with RA
    Dw into stomp wm combo finished with GE
    Dw into stomp wm combo finished with Outrage
    Extra Measure clipped with E Chain
    Eviscerate clipped with Ragebringer
    Ragebringer clipped with RA
    Repeat rotation except use Violence in place of GE

It's a pretty complex loadout with a lot of clipping but extremely effective at using the rage mode properly by reducing rage crashes with GE and Violence while putting out a lot of damage with the dots combined with the combos. Believe it or not I wear 8 pieces of dps gear and spec towards all dps stats and crit % chances and I'm still able to pretty easily tank all content except for Throne, Cerberus, and the Minotaur. They just hit too hard to not be wearing all tank gear.

EDIT: just saw your last reply so nevermind lol
  16. John Brawler Committed Player

same damage as earth's dude, you have got to be kidding. rage was the fifth best dps without this new am and is now tied with the second and third using range, and is tied with the number one with melee whereas earth is downright the worst for damage out of all powers because the pet am is infact worthless. rage takes less power to use, gives massive healback in both roles, and has powers that work consistently without the risk of the main source of damage or damage resistance (brick or crystal) wasting all of it's power and dying in seconds. you're upset about a guy complaining about a power that's been next to worthless for almost 2 years now? well then how much do you think we're tired of this made up bs you just posted here trying to say a power that's been out for less then a year, had the top spot for damage and tanking since it came out and only dropped from that spot 3 months ago yet was still 5th best dps and 2nd best tank before this adjustment was in a worse spot.

long story short, stop making up complete and total bs just because you're tired of hearing complaints about something that actually deserved to be complained about as compared to your precious power that's only been "okay" instead of op as hell for 3 months.
  17. Shad0wReap3r Committed Player

Point is that the dude has been posting the same **** on every single power update. We get it, earth sucks as is, and yes rage was better off than most pre-update. The problem is that there is an OBVIOUS order in which powers are being adjusted/updated, and it is rage's turn for an update.

Most of us are pretty confident that once ALL powers have an up to date am, we will be seeing adjustments to powers that are lacking, as well as ones that are a OP. Personally I believe that the level that HL and Celestial are at is where all power sets need to be. I do agree, earth should have at least the option of pet or aftershock AM, as HL has PI or Infinite combo AM choices, but stop crying about it on other powers' AM updates.
  18. John Brawler Committed Player

i don't care why he said it bs is still bs and frankly alot of rage fans on the forums have really put me over my tolerance limit over the last 3 months constantly complaining that they needed "revamps" "updates" "buffs" and surprise surprise, most of them were on threads for fire, suggestions for aftershock ams, and even one on a serums thread for god's sake. so you can imagine that someone who is getting an update spouting nonsense that this power was worse then another that's been all but useless and treated like garbage by dev and forumite alike makes me abit verbal (as far as the term can apply to a forum.) all he had to say was, "earth should get it's turn you don't have to attack rage" instead he makes up a steaming load.
  19. Biester New Player

What if the devs removed the penalty for gaining health according to your dominance while in dps role? It would work just like the health stacking tankmechanic except for the fact that dps' usually run around with 53 dominance so the health gained wouldn't be phenomenal like it is in tank role but it would definitely increase our odds of surviving while meleeing.

The devs could even cap our dominance while in dps role to prevent players from drinking Bulldozers and speccing for high dominance. For example using a dps setup with 10, 000 health with a dominance cap of 100.

1 power on 1 add = 100 health added 10, 100 total health
    1 power on 8 adds = 800 health added. 10, 800 total health
    10 powers on 1 add = 1, 000 health added 11, 000 total health
    10 powers on 8 adds = 8, 000 health added. 18, 000 total health

See, even with an extreme case of power spamming against the maximum number of adds that a superpower can hit (excluding supercharges), a dps still can't double his health thanks to the dominance cap. As squishy as dps' are in end-game raids, an 80% increase in health would still not be enough to take away the "high risk" of meleeing. The dominance cap can be figured correctly in order to keep the risk involved with meleeing while at least giving us a possibility of meleeing because right now it is just simply impossible.

Of course this would have to be a pve-only mechanic, the penalty would still apply in pvp. If any testers like this idea, would you please post it in the tester's discussion because I think it is more than fair and will require very little programming since the mechanic already exists in the game. The only figuring that would have to be done is the dominance cap while in dps role.
    • Like x 1
  20. Biester New Player

Im just pointing out the fact that you troll every rage thread created with this same post. I realize you are upset but how does trolling rage threads help your power get it's am adjusted any faster? Your update is coming, nothing you say about rage will make that update come any faster. I would tell you to be patient but it seems you have lost your patience trying to get your favorite power fixed and I understand completely.

I am simply asking you not to continue trolling rage threads so that we can get our update right the first time so that the devs can work on powers such as fire, sorcery, electricity, and EARTH. Earth's am came fairly early in the am process, when the devs were still new with the concept and were trying to figure it out. Since then, the devs have gotten A LOT better with them and Earth will receive fair treatment in time. Let us discuss ideas and feedback to get rage over and done with so the devs can start working on the powersets that didn't receive a fair update.