Rage am question for testers

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Imsms08, Mar 19, 2015.

1. Imsms08 New Player

Does the plasma burn pi damage buff also applied while in savage state?

If not please push that it does please.
  2. amazingmanll New Player

Way to get nerf attention on rage
  3. Sabigya Steadfast Player

I can just imagine outrage's PI buff, savage state buff and 50% health buff :p.
  4. Jafin 10000 Post Club

:rolleyes:

It's a legitimate question. Has nothing to do with a nerf.
    • Like x 1
  5. RoxyStormbringer Dedicated Player

Also, can you use Rage Crash in Savage State?
  6. Biester New Player

I've read that when using rage's am, pi's don't even matter. A lot of testers seemed to be using pr and ge just for the extra might ticks but I could have misunderstood.

As of right now I don't believe relentless anger contributes to the savage state. I don't understand the reasoning for this because ra is the sole power that allows a rage dps to melee. It definitely should extend savage state.

Any testers care to clarify?
  7. Owl Devoted Player

The Rage Mode powers Relentless Anger and Severe Punishment do not refresh the Savage state.

Ferocity, Ire, Ragebringer, Redirected Rage, Remorseless Recovery, Vindictive and Without Mercy also do not refresh the Savage state.
  8. chipzes Committed Player

Plasma Burn is ignored during Savage State. You can use Relentless Anger/Severe Punishment but they won't refresh Savage State and also not restore power. From what I could see they don't break Savage State either though, so if you clip them with a Savage State refresher/clip a refresher with either of them then your Savage State will still be up.

EDIT FOR CLARIFICATION: Savage State only increases damage of the combos, not the casts! Those still benefit from Plasma Burn actually, although doing way less damage than the Savage State combos.
    • Like x 1
  9. Biester New Player

Is there any indication that you are in savage state other than noticing your damage out is higher? I've watched some videos and it seems like players are clipping incredibly fast with every power so I'm a little confused as to how long the savage state lasts because of Spord stating that you can't clip too fast with the initial hit (the hit that puts you into savage state) or you won't receive the savage state.
  10. chipzes Committed Player

I didn't notice a visual indicator, but I didn't have a problem with timing either. I think as long as you don't do a 100% perfect instant clip every time there should be no problem getting into Savage State and keeping it up. Once you trigger Savage State you can clip as fast as you can without losing it as long as you keep using refreshers.
  11. Wanning Comet Committed Player

The PI affects the might damage but doesn't really affect the boost given by Savage State to the prec damage. I've not tested it a lot, but it seems like the finisher PI on echain doesn't boost the Savage State damage of Echain and I don't think the HP PI of Outrage affects the Savage State damage of Outrage, the might portions of those powers are probably still affected by the PIs, though.

You can use rage mode in Savage State but the activators don't give power back and don't extend Savage State, you have enough time to activate rage mode and keep Savage State going, though.

You know the Red Aura you get around your head when you hit a canceler on live? The Savage State indicator is basically a thicker red circular aura around your head. I really don't notice the aura in combat at all, though. The easiest way to know you're in Savage State is probably by seeing if you get power back or not.

You can clip your initial combo so fast that you don't enter Savage State, Outrage usually does it for me the most. After the change Spord made to allow for faster clipping, it's a little harder to clip too fast to enter Savage State, but it's still possible. Savage State can last for a counter punishment window in PvE if you breakout quickly after getting knocked down, so it probably lasts about 2 seconds or so.
    • Like x 1