R&D 'Supercharge' Battery Idea

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Highplains Sailor, Aug 11, 2019.

1. Highplains Sailor Well-Known Player

Last night I was doing Typhon's Monster Invasion tasks. I went to the 'Warehouse' misson with full Supercharge. When I entered the boss was present, but nothing else. I ended up switching characters briefly which fixed the mission. However, all my S/C was gone. Minor annoyance. I replaced the S/C power with something else and did the mission.

I don't know why the dev's decided to set it so you lose S/C when you log. I would like to suggest an R&D recipe for a 'Supercharge' battery. Say you are going to log off a character with full S/C. You put it into a battery (and the full battery is now character bound). Later you logon the character for a raid. Yes, if you have Scrap of the Soul Cloak it won't take too long to rebuild S/C. The battery lets you go into the raid fully charged right after logging on. After all, you did earn that S/C before, so it's not like you're getting S/C for free.

The battery would have a long timer, say five minutes, to avoid the potential for abuse. I can see if someone goes into a raid with full S/C and use a S/C power, then immediately use a battery, they use 2 S/C powers pretty quickly. Five minutes later, they could use two again. Perhaps they could design it so if you have a battery and use a S/C power, the battery five minute timer goes into effect. Odds are, by the time the 5 minute timer expires, your S/C is already recharged, especially if you use Scrap of the Soul Cloak.

I want to emphasize the battery is not intended to replace the Soul Cloak artifact. To my mind, it would be a nice convenient thing to have to allow players to reclaim Supercharge at the beginning of their gaming session. It would also be a nice thing for people to make with R&D.

Thoughts, comments? Thank you very much in advance.
    • Like x 1