Quit with two tank raids for awhile already

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Mightyhon, Nov 27, 2016.

1. Mightyhon Well-Known Player

Sorry for ranting, will probably feel better after I find enough tanks to complete GOM :D
  2. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

I much rather see them start making raids more suited for 2 heals, 2 trolls, 2 DPS and 1 tank

if you replace any of those roles the other person of that role does 50% less then what they'd normally do.

in others replace a troll for a tank or DPS then the 1 troll that remains gets a 50% vit reduction.

EDIT:

same for alerts, 1 1 1 1, you replace any 1 of those roles say you replace the troll? the healer gets 50% healing out, replace tank for a 2nd DPS then trolls stuns get reduced + dmg out is reduced by 25% each. Remove troll/heal/tank in alert? 50% dmg reduction for all 4 DPS'
  3. Drathmor Unwavering Player

im all for 2 2 2 2 bring more of that and to all the Pew Pewers run along your a dime a dozen
    • Like x 2
  4. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

I said it before and i'll say it again...we need MORE two tank raids, not less. I want the Devs to encourage two of every role in general, but two tank raids are a must. You want the tank shortage to stop, stop excluding them from all content outside of raids.
    • Like x 5
  5. Drathmor Unwavering Player

they love feeling special and having their ego stroaked same with any player that gets upset if they arent the only one of a role in the content..
  6. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

I'm a big fan of 1-1-1-1 and 2-2-2-2 sorry if that leaves the MORE BANG club upset but thing generally go much smoother that way. I don't think I am alone by any stretch of the imagination either. I have qued into alerts where I walked in as the only support and without a word being said watched as one DPS switched to Healer and another switched to tank or troll (whichever role I didn't already provide) and off we went. Not a single death let alone a team wipe and while the battles may have been a bit longer we were done quickly and everyone left happy.

Heck on the Underworld Trial alert.. I have done it every single day and at WORST we had 1 healer, 1 troll and 2 DPS. I have yet to join one that had 3 DPS and one lonely support player. The raids? I don't PUG raids I join team forming on the LFG and the standard is 2 tanks, 2 healers 1 Troll (usually me) and 3 DPS. Now personally I'd love to see 2-2-2-2 especially since I had a HEALER screaming at me on the final battle of God of Monsters for more debuffing. I was a little busy trying to keep everyone's power up and the idea of even thinking about using debuffs was not going to happen PLUS wht in the Heck is a HEALER doing worrying about debuffs?

Hey I even did Harley's Heist earlier this week with my Quantum in DPS and a Tank along for the fun. Thing went fine till the game Dc'd him and I eventually had the que find me a 167 DPs to finish up. But prior to that I thought we had a good pace going and were not struggling at all with the mobs.
    • Like x 2
  7. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

The population can't handle 2 tank raids, especially on the villain server. Players are shouting 30-60mins for 2 tanks.
  8. Unida Dedicated Player

im more than happy to run anything with a tank as well

the thing i hate more is the no troll part, well, for certain powers, ie i just rolled a char to fire out of pure boredom and joined the new alert with , yup you guessed it, 3x dps and heal run. my bar was taxed to infinity non stop.
  9. sepiaskidmark Committed Player

The problem is there are not enough tanks in game to do this. any good tanks usually just run with their league and you could be shouting for a long time to get two tanks. I think the bigger issue is that the tank role needs a bit of an overhaul as you don't feel like a tank when your constantly getting stunned and knocked back. now, they have decided to make farming immunities useless and it is the most thankless, yet critisized role. Until this changes than I have to say no to two tanks.
  10. Noble One Committed Player

again... WHY HAVE THEM IN THE QUEUE SYSTEM THEN!? thats my point. if youre going to have this special way of beating the boss but make the queue system still normal 1 tank, 1 healer, 1 troll, and 5 dps. then the raid SHOULD be able to be beaten like that. it doesnt matter the level of the content the queue system is there for a reason, if its there to "fail" then why have it in the first place. if anything then make content like this walk in only, atleast THEN it will teach people to build a team for said content.

and yes the rule of thumb is you get what you get (RNGesus and all) but the queue system in this game is still on of the worst. really i just love to have a custom queue system that allows you to make the selection you want (you know the thing that has been asked for since day ONE of the queue system placement). this would mean i could create a room for the level (or cr) im looking for and what classes i want. so if i wanted to i could set it up as GOM 2 tanks, 2 healers, 1 troll, and 3 dps and wait for it to put those players in. other games have this and it works awesome. why it hasnt been put into here yet.... idk. it really shouldve been done day one.
    • Like x 2
  11. The Jelly Bean Dedicated Player

If they don't want two tank content, then why do we still have single taunts to choose from?
  12. HarryHell Well-Known Player

GoM does not need 2 tanks anymore
  13. Arwen Skywalker Loyal Player

heck people who has a gadget troll in their raids just uses decoy as a tank. =\
    • Like x 1
  14. Butterfly Boy Committed Player

Well that's a whole other argument, perhaps the villain faction should not be neglected as it has. In most other MMO's, both factions have benefits, and unique traits that make players want to play there. DCUO provides little to no incentive for being a villain, and with the high population of heroes, why would players choose otherwise?

I know so many villain players that have a hero character they LFG on, then when they get into the group and queue into the instance, they leave and ask the heroes to invite their villains in. With the way this game has been heading, I wouldn't be surprised if they let heroes group up with villains, mix the LFG and pin it to some 'common goal' ********.
  15. Morsy808 Committed Player

I have two toons. 1 is a tank and 1 is a troll. Personally, I enjoy my support roles more than dps. So, any dlc which creates a need for them gets a huge tick from me.
  16. light FX Steadfast Player

How exactly? If u dont separate the bosses they heal each other. Or is it that 4-5 189-190dps can just burn thru that? If that is already happening then all i can say is its extremely sad. We have been using 2 there to separate em for the order feat.
  17. light FX Steadfast Player

Idky so many people dislike tanking. I love it. Some days i dont wanna do it, just not in the mood. But 90% of the time i find it to be a ton of fun. Especially atomic tanking. Actually i bet its partly because of the patience problem. 95% of the players in the game have no patience at all. People literally cant wait 5 seconds for another player to even get in the room for a boss fight. See it all the time. And they would rather have a dps instead of a tank for "moar burn!!!!" These are the i have the attention span of a gnat people :p
    • Like x 1
  18. VariableFire Loyal Player

So you create a degenerating circle where there are even fewer tanks.

It's funny, I go in the older raids and alerts and sometimes find as many as 3 tanks at a time there. No, most of them can't tank worth a darn but there is the potential for them to become good tanks. But between the community not wanting tanks in the vast majority of content and the devs designing content that either doesn't require a tank or goes out of its way to screw around with tanks (looking at you random scripted attacks with no warning), those would-be tanks generally become DPS and just stay that way.
    • Like x 1
  19. LT Schmitt Committed Player

That will not help. Just take a look at how many Ice DPS are out there that do not know how to tank and do not want to tank. The whole 2,2,2,2 vs 1,1,1,5 is just a waste of time to complain about. In GoM you may not need two tanks for all of the boss fights for most groups but having two make things much easier. The same holds true for healers I could careless if a healer can or has solo healed Gom, KCT, DWF, BBS, or Olympus I still prefer to run with two of them. I have never failed a raid due to to many tanks or heals.

BUT I have to agree 1,1,1,5 is a better way to go since finding roles other than trolls or DPS can take longer than it takes to run a raid. We also have to remember we only get 1 free armory so many people don't have gear to run anything but DPS.
  20. LT Schmitt Committed Player

They also could be in tank form without knowing it