Quit with two tank raids for awhile already

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Mightyhon, Nov 27, 2016.

1. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

A quick comment for those complaining about the "lack of tank" has it occurred to anyone yet that there MIGHT be more tanks around if the first thing the 5-1-1-1, 6-1-1 crowd didn't do away with on "OTHER" Raids was .. You guessed it THE TANK.

Let's see what else? Well I lost track of how many threads I have seen here stating emphatically "you don't need a tank on am alert" And ran into that on several occasions myself with one JERK screaming at me in all caps about slowing the group down with the Tank on a Demon's Plan and then we entered a room and I had every single ninja crowded around me while I stunned and knocked them down with attack and the 2 DPS destroyed them with AOE. AMAZINGLY after that battle he shut the hell up and never questioned me being there again OH yeah almost forgot.. Phantom Zone. Boy its a whole lot easier to get those crystals into the Abyss when the Tank has Jor-ELs Ai pulled and you can pick one up and practically walk to the edge without getting hit by his attacks. And remember that feat on the final battle you can earn by not letting any supplies be shipped by the Kryptonian troops? Lost track of how many players I helped earn that .. because they don't transport supplies when they are all crowded around my Atomic Tank wishing they could damage me

Then there was that whole "Support has no business on a DUO.. I am tired of carrying them" thing. I actually had a DPS on a Demon Pit duo refuse to enter the room for the first boss battle until I switched to DPS. About a minute later the idiot was all but dead and I switched back to TANK to keep him alive. THEN, like I always normally did, I switched to DPS to deal with the mobs in the corridors and bright boy was getting KILLED by 2 and 3 man mobs. I SWITCHED back to Tank and suddenly he stopped dying and I just stayed in tank the rest of the duo. But Support has NO purpose in a duo.

At some point a pile of good tanks got tired of having to maintain 2 complete sets of armor, mod to complete sets of armor and BUY extra Armories to keep a pile of idiots happy and just gave up and went strictly DPS. Sorry but I don't have a lot of sympathy for anyone out there that spent well over a year, if not more, completely ignoring Tanks when building a team and now spends 20 minutes TRYING to find one in LFG.
    • Like x 4
  2. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Sounds like the problem is crappy planning for the group. It's not hard to put together a group for the latest raids. Be smart and get all the roles you need...stop trying to brute force everything.

There IS a system in place for that...it's called armories and respeccing. And while the queuing system is there for a reason, intelligent people know better than to expect to have a perfect composition team during the first few months of content release. YOUR expectations need to be brought back down to reality. The highest new content needs to have pre-made groups whether through LFG, friends lists or leagues. EVERYBODY knows THE number one general rule of queuing up....you get what you get. Complaining about it is as fruitful as spitting in the wind.
    • Like x 5
  3. The Jelly Bean Dedicated Player

It is a little difficult to get a person to just tank a single boss fight, but you really don't need more than that for the group if you are at recommend level. You also have to take into account that the cr of the group determines the group composition. Each power set can also determine group composition as well. What you just need to do is make sure you have the right roles for the raid so when you encounter a problem someone else can help heal, troll, or in this case, tank. Just wait till stats update and find that people want two trolls and then you make a thread saying that it's easier to find healers and tanks but not trolls. Just think about it.
    • Like x 1
  4. Unida Dedicated Player

please spare a thought for the tanks.

whenever a new alert comes out they are in demand, 2 days later is a 3x dps and a heal/troll -
    when any new raid comes out bar dwf its basically a race to fit in more dps roles without failing, ultimately heading to 5-1-1-1 ASAP.

let's not complain about keeping them relevant too soon, ok?

the game is geared towards dps around 80%, its sad.
    • Like x 3
  5. Pults Loyal Player

The gearing process is already against running dual roles or even support roles for that matter and you want to have even less tanks? :rolleyes:
    • Like x 1
  6. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

Ahhhh some one that sees the same thing I do. It always amazed me that the STRICTLY DPS crowd would come on here and insist that "support" players maintain 2 armories because "I shouldn't have to carry support through duos and who needs all that support on an alert." Has been the Mantra of the MORE BANG crowd for ages.

Short tale to illustrate: Way back I qued up for an ICW as a DPS and found myself 1 of 4 on that team. We hadn't even gotten past the outdoor part in Metropolis and were getting our butts kicked. keep in mind part of this was a direct result of have three "team mates" ??? that thought teaming meant run in 3 different directions and attack three different mobs and then wonder.. why am I dead? Some one mentioned "we either need a healer or a tank on this team:. I switched to my Tank and managed to get 2 of the 3 dps to follow me and AMAZINGLY we finished up and headed on to the next part.

After that all went pretty well until some one made a small mistake on the final battle and TEAM WIPE. NOW here is where it gets funny (or down right sad which ever you like). The one DPS starts in on me in chat "You really need to pick up you damage. You are way behind everyone else" And then the other two chimed in, almost at the exact same time, and informed Mr. Observant that I was the TANK on the team and had been since before we left Metropolis. OF course my damage wasn't as high. its not supposed to be. Mysteriously shortly after his attempt to cast all the blame onto me failed miserably that DPS quit the team. Now while we waited for the que to find us another team mate the others started talking about a healer again and the question came up about switching. Sadly either had a 2nd role as a healer but wouldn't have mattered anyway since BOTH admitted they didn't have a second armory set up for the support role their power did allow.

I have lost track of how often this is the case. DPS only need 1 set of armor but Support needs to BUY that second armory, collect a second set of armor, craft a second set of mods.

Now sadly, and this part is for YOU Noble one. Recently we have seen a trend toward a number of absolutely terrible trolls, healers and tanks. My theory on why goes like this: After being excluded from content over and over again by that 6-1-1 crowd and the ones that think having anything but DPS on any content is a waste. I am betting a number of really good Support players simply got tired of it all and just gave up and dropped all the support gear and went straight DPS so they could actually find a team and get to PLAY the game.

What happened next was it got to a point where there were so many DPS competing for spots on teams it got tougher for them to find one. THINK about it ..unless a team leader is just starting to build a raid how often do you see them requesting DPS specifically like they do with Tanks, or trolls, or healers? The answer is not NEVER of course but the support requests are a lot more frequent. What happened next, in my opinion, wes a number of players that had always only played DPS but were now finding it harder to get on a team got the BRIGHT idea to grab some support armor and become a healer or Troll or tank. Unfortunately its usually pretty easy to spot these rookies because they do not have a clue how to play their adopted role.

I had a Troll on an alert that was asked outright.. "Why aren't you using POT?" his answer was .. "Oh we don't need that anyway. And besides it doesn't do enough damage" We don't NEED POT? and it doesn't do enough DAMAGE? Yeah that's a DPS pretending to be a troll.

Had a Tank that was almost always behind the rest of the team and only using ranged attacks on mobs and bosses. Hmm so if he was even managing to grab agro it meant everything was trying to attack him by firing straight through the rest of the team. yeah THAT'S a great agro control technique.. DPS pretending to be a tank.

This last one still has me shaking my head every time I think about it. Had a healer on a team that never once used his shield (if it was even on his power tray) and seemed to spend a lot more time blasting away with his weapons than using any powers that might give out HOT or actually heal. And then there was the fact that 3 times on that alert he raced into the room ahead of everyone else and launched an attack on the mobs and DIED almost immediately. Even AFTER one of us pointed out his armor provided the least amount of health and defense and that probably wasn't a good idea. DPS and scoreboard chasing one at that trying desperately to get off more attacks and improve his damage out...instead of HEALING the damn team.

So if your searching for answers there you go. Less support to start with thanks to 6-1-1 tactics and now some of what does exist is really just some DPS pretending to be support to get onto a team. SORRY but there are some players that should simply never be allowed near Tank, Troll, or Healer armor. "There's a good boy. you just sit over there and mash keys and go pew .. pew ... pew. Don't strain yourself trying to think about healing or stuff. you'll just get a headache"
    • Like x 3
  7. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

It does take longer but my Quantum Troll is now at CR 181 and the DPS side is at CR 178. I split my armor drops between them so I am advancing slower than some one only doing one role BUT I am getting there. to clarify I have purchased a couple CR 165 rings form the vendor and all the rest of my armor for both roles has come from reward boxes. Oh also.. I don't use replays so I have done each raid twice at this point and do ALL the rest of the content once each day. I don't use a credit card to buy stabilizers so I have opened exactly two of those (third one tomorrow) and have not had a single bit of that armor drop either.

When the new DLC hit I was CR 171 Troll and DPS so as you can see I have upped my combat rating 10 CR on the troll side and 7 on the DPS. With a couple months to go before another DLC arrives I think I will be okay. And I am not having a lot of problems finding teams to do alerts or raids.
  8. Winter Sabel Dedicated Player

I feeeeeeeel your pain. I had to show a sorcery healer in o_O OLY o_O a heals loadout & rotation (luckily she had the powers) while I was a HL controller the other day. We had two controllers and we could not keep her power bar from being empty.

The only way that DCUO will get players to play roles is to stop the higher CR from carrying all the lower players in content and we all know what that boils down too.
  9. Here2Help Devoted Player

What boss? 2nd? We've done it with one tank multiple times. There's no need for two.
  10. Here2Help Devoted Player

Content is so much more fun and engaging when there is a need for more support roles. I'd love to see more raids that require two or even more tanks. It usually results in the need for better strategy and teamwork within the raid. I know our main healer won't be happy if we need two healers though haha :p
    • Like x 1
  11. Tilz Loyal Player

2 healers are fine. Then I could just play around with different experimenta in my loadut :D (i know i'm not "your main heal").

I like the idea of 2-2-2-2 setup.
    If a troll / heal is skilled enough to solo, it's fine for me.
  12. Here2Help Devoted Player

Oh, definitely. Just that our main healer loves solo healing, why I said that last bit lol :p
  13. Tilz Loyal Player

Same over here :p love it
  14. |The 3rror Committed Player

gotta love them people complain about no tanks in the game then when you ind out they a tank power the most used excuse "i have no Tank gear" yet people doing T7/T8 u still haven't learned yo support role for an emergency luckily i ask before going into a instance the moment u don't know both roles you been removed from group 2016 people going on to 2017 haven't bought an armory.
    • Like x 3
  15. Pults Loyal Player

Im using blues, purples and greens on DPS since it's my off role, I only use vendor gear on tank (my main role) since I don't want to place VIII or Olympian mods on gear I will replace in a day or two. I've now reached a point where my dps set is at 187 and tank set at 178 with exactly two pieces of the new vendor gear.
  16. Delta796th Loyal Player

It's also normally easier on a troller to have double healer set-up. I know when I see a solo vs double healer (excluding Nature and it's stupid power back mechanic) It generally causes less spam healing.
  17. Rokyn Dedicated Player

If you reset me a lot everytime I logged in, I would tank this entire subforum's raids if needed. But I'm locked 99% of time so I tend to just run small content on a daily basis.
    • Like x 2
  18. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

I hear you on the mods. I'm still using betas on the Troll side just to get the bonuses for having the right color mod in the right gear. On the DPS side I went a new route. Let's face it .. we are getting 1 mark for every 1 coin that drops and at some point you realize "What am I going to buy with these things now?" Between both the Troll and DPS roles I now have exactly 1 piece of armor below CR 152 .. a CR 146 chest. Now I could run to the vendor and buy a CR 148 chest and then, like what normally happens , tomorrow I'll have a reward box drops that offers me a better chest and I'll have gotten 1 whole day of use out of that chest piece.

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO... I stopped slotting betas on the DPS side and went and bought myself some VI Synthetic mods. Upped my might, my power and my health and each one only costs 5 marks.

I figure when I get one or both roles a lot closer to CR 189 I'll start slotting better mods since I won't be replacing gear every day. Till then I am fine with the set up I am using now.
  19. Ichiro Loyal Player

I was shouting in LFG to tank GOM for an hour this Sunday an never got into a group. Maybe its just Cr snobs that don't want a 175 tank in there group even though I have run this raid numerous times at 175.
  20. Gimpy Loyal Player

These are the types of threads that got "Role-less Buffs" put in the game.

• Like x 2