Quick tricks.

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Pults, Feb 29, 2016.

1. Pults Loyal Player

Haven't figured out a name for title but..
    I was wondering what's the next mid-range adjustment line-up? And why isn't fire in it? /s

I wanted to ask for the removal of vulnerability window for Fireburst and Mass Detonation due to them being cast bar powers with no damage registration if the player is interrupted, has to block, is stunned or hit with any other CC. No other powerset shares the same risk factor and since combo powers are receiving the 3 second grace period, I think this might be the right time to suggest some changes for to-be-balanced powersets.
    Applying these changes to test server only.
    • Like x 1
  2. Elite DamageX Well-Known Player

If you think about it.....Mental, Gadgets, Atomic are all similar to interruption. They have to stack 3 an big hit, if they get interrupted then they have to start over. Nature and Electric are probably in the most need of help
    • Like x 1
  3. Pults Loyal Player

Not really. The base damage for the build-up powers for mental and gadgets was increased. THe finisher can be shortcutted once every 20(?) seconds. Atomic has two AMs (combo one doesn't share the same vulnerability). Fire on the other hand, you get the damage from burning PI which ticks away at bellow 100 values. If fireburst gets interrupted it deals no damage, you get only the build-up which has no finale.
    Also keep in mind that prior to DoT and Pet powerset mid-range adjustments the weapon damage will be broguht in line. Which hasn't even begun yet.
    The change suggested would require minimal effort and would potentially be a stepping stone for further improvements later on.
  4. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

As a combo AM user, I feel no pity for fire users.
    • Like x 2
  5. L T Devoted Player

All these powers are doing damage while building up to the big hit. Two of them have shortcuts which are also shields and pick-ups, making it virtually impossible to miss out on the big damage. The third has a combo AM option for putting out steady, continuous damage.
    There. Fixed that for you.
  6. L T Devoted Player

Fire has already had its mid-range pass. I think these powers are interruptable because they block-break. So both would have to go (block breaking and vulnerability). That having been said, I think its an idea worth considering.
  7. kingxkhaos Well-Known Player

Actually, mentals grace period is massive. It's about 5 seconds. Atomic on the other hand, is 0 seconds. No grace at all. And I wasn't gadgets long enough to test it's grace period, but from what I've heard it's about the same as atomic
    • Like x 1
  8. kingxkhaos Well-Known Player

No grace period needed. Use the base mod for your hands that makes channeled powers no longer vulnerable to interrupt. Super clip inferno>fiery weapon>burning det. Burning det is a 50 or 60% modifier, so it has to be third. Spam fire burst, done deal.
    • Like x 1
  9. Pults Loyal Player

Empowered Channeling works on channeled powers, FB is not a channeled power, it's a cast bar one. That mods only works with finishers and a few other powers as well, for fire it works with AH and Snuff Out (finisher).
    Not having max damage mod on is futile.
  10. incOmP UNHOLY SHADOWS New Player

Celestial has same interrupt problem they added it to HL so fire should be for sure getting 3 seconds electric fire nature on my gu 59 wishlist and whips as a weapon lol
  11. kingxkhaos Well-Known Player

Cast bar powers are "Channeled powers" That's what they are.
    • Like x 1
  12. Pults Loyal Player

Celestial is different.

It's not about the grace period, you can maintain the AM with Flame Cascade, the problem is you get no damage if you get interrupted doing FB or Mass Detonation which nobody uses, jumping or getting hit with any CC move whilst waiting for the cast bar to complete.
  13. Pults Loyal Player

[IMG]
  14. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

So much misinformation in 1 thread.

Fire can recover it's am and power back. Simply cast Flame cascade and then fireburst, then your back in action.

Also: Fire isn't the only powerset that has this problem. Hi celestial.

Fire and celestial if you getting interrupted while casting your hard hitters, you don't get no damage.
    Celestial it's combo damage that you lose, and you gotta restart your am from the beginning.
    Fire you don't get no big burst damage, and gotta hit flame cascade.

They disabled the Mods for the Advanced mechanics for Fire and Ice back in Game update 43, so the Empowered channeling mod is useless.

Otherwise if they had the empowered channeling mod enabled, fire ice, and munitions would be the top 3 powers because of high damage and no risk.
  15. kingxkhaos Well-Known Player

Yes. They are channeled powers. As the guy above states, they disabled the mod for use with ice and fire AM, which is was unaware of. However, that doesn't make them any less of a channeled power lol.
    • Like x 1
  16. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

I don't get how the title applies to post?
    • Like x 1
  17. kingxkhaos Well-Known Player

I know that my leagues top fire dps from back in the day used it, I guess that was before GU43. You're right though, the mod makes it overpowered because you have 0 risk. Oh well. Either way, I don't think fire needs any immunity. It's fine the way it is, I was recently fire and had no problems with it at all. All powers run a risk, and as I said above, the only powers with leniency are mental, sorcery, earth, nature and Electric. Off the top of my head, not including combo powers. Mentals grace period is by far largest out of the burst damage powers, it's around 5 seconds(could be less), and although it's nice, I think it should be taken away and I have a mental toon.
    • Like x 1
  18. TrueArchon Dedicated Player

Mental & Fire are two powers I am familiar with. Yes, Fire can be interrupted, much like mental. Believe me, Mental has it worse; not only is Mental interrupted by the enemy whenever they seem to just know when you're building for the finish move (which is pretty much ALL the time), Mental has to let go of the target and re-target, then we have to reset the activate power button by letting THAT go then re-enabling it. The good news: The rotation can be saved, and the finish still hits. The downside: near-Jedi level reflexes are required. The window is extremely small (even for Mental toons), but it can be done. To be completely honest, I kind of like that aspect. It was aggravating to no end in the beginning (the buff after two and a half years of being the most crapped on DPS power in the game, then the AM it was given), as pulling off a complete uninterrupted rotation had about a 30% success rate during boss fights (CC's by boss/adds being more or less spammed by all of them, Love and War being the worst)...
    But that first time I anticipated the break-out and executed it nearly the moment I was hit by it...then finishing for that big number...it was the equivalent of a cathartic epiphany: 'Interrupted' does not have to mean 'start the rotation over'.
    It was then that I became more focused on enemy patterns and tell-tale animations than just 1-2-3-finish, wash/rinse/repeat than I was before. Now, even with multiple stuns/roots/encases happening; my success rate for completing my rotations with satisfying results is now about 85-90%. Just have that break-out reflex honed and at the ready, and anticipate your enemies as you engage them.
  19. Pults Loyal Player

Mental has CC with the build-up, fire does not. Mental deals damage with the build up, fire does not. Are you still sure mental has it worse?
    Mental can maintain the AM without a target, re-targeting is automatic, Fireburst doesn't change targets whilst casting. If the enemy dies FB just wastes power and doesn't maintain the AM.
    Try doing the current solo with fire and with mental and tell me how often your finisher move fails.
  20. kingxkhaos Well-Known Player

See I still continue my mental rotation everytime I'm interrupted and have no problem. there is also a grace period between abilities, you probably know this but if you hit one power, you have like a 5 second window to initiate the next. Which is great for hallways with adds, because if they die you can lunge the next set and continue your rotation. In my opinion, that needs to be fixed. Atomic, which Imeans also familiar with, if you don't hit your powers within milliseconds after the precious power, you lose your rotation and have to start all over. So if you accidentally mess up a clip or hit a power even a tad bit late, you're screwed. I think mentals grace period between abilities needs to be adjusted in line with others, or the others need to be adjusted to mentals level.

Edit: autocorrect is terrible. That is all.
    • Like x 1