Quick question about quantum.

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by LighTning Emperor, Jun 21, 2017.

1. LighTning Emperor Well-Known Player

Hey you guys. I was wondering if Quantum was the weakest might based power when it comes to using mods. I'm not sure if it's me but it could be a cap that's set on quantum's max damage potential. As if they capped quantum's damage like they capped rage heals in duels and arena's.

Am I the only one who noticed this? AM aside, the damage I do as quantum is less than my friend who is Electricity. For example, My singularity bomb with Power interaction hits the same or less than Electricity's Electrostatic bomb with Power interaction and we are the same 196 cr and my might is higher. I have 15876 while he had 15597. Surprisingly, also in open world when I tried ctr My power AM does not work on other players. Electricity however one shotted me lol. But let's forget about Electricity for now. Why is quantum the only power capped?
  2. monaka Well-Known Player

No, it's not the weakest power, that would be electricity.
    Ideally, you should perform better than electricity.
    What is your rotation?
  3. Ereez Well-Known Player

I'm not expert on quantum but it does feel quite weak compared to some other powers, there is a loadout (not sure off the top of my head) that allows you to squeeze in an extra power before the time bomb that was actually giving me decent numbers but its quite a demanding rotation and you have to get your timing right and stuff, pretty sure Quantum should be out dps'ing electricity though. Also you don't receive power back from your AM in pvp
  4. LighTning Emperor Well-Known Player

Singularity, Time bomb, Warped Reality, Gravity Well, Tachyon Blast and Distortion Wave. Not sure what I'm doing wrong especially since I have the max damage white mod and core strength.
  5. Gimpy Loyal Player

6. Kai El Well-Known Player

Time Bomb, Distortion Wave, Time Shift, Tachyon Blast, Robot Sidekick or Warped Reality, Quantum Tunneling.

You're welcome.
  7. LighTning Emperor Well-Known Player

Thanks. But what exactly will quantum tunneling help me with other than be immune to some damage? Is there some secret buff I don't know about?
  8. LighTning Emperor Well-Known Player

9. RLManuel Committed Player

You NEED, 265sp for all crits and might. and you NEED high might mods, 8's or better.
    For you to keep up and beat the other powers.
  10. Mazahs Loyal Player

No other secret stuff, just getting out of a tight spot or getting to adds quicker.
    Warp reality is a proc buff, so it will lend to larger DPS and would be my recommendation to use. Only apply Dwave on initial rotation then skip for next 2

WReality,Tbomb,Dwave,Wbarrage,Tblast,Tshift are all necessary to have maximum damage with Quantum
    The last spot is up to you...you can go RSK, Tbubble, Vortex, Qtunneling (these are what most people pick for last spot)

Rotation should go like this (while clipping in Warped Reality)
    So Tbomb > Dwave>Wbarrage>TBlast
    Tbomb>Wbarrage>Tblast>Tshift
    Tbomb>Wbarrage>Tblast>Tshift
    Tbomb > Dwave>Wbarrage>TBlast
  11. LighTning Emperor Well-Known Player

I tested out warp barrage and I swear my damage does not increase while using it. My damage is capped at a certain amount of damage, criticals aside.
  12. Mazahs Loyal Player

You are not hiiting TBOMB cap unless you trinket / supply drop or Vortex and even then its not that often.
    My guess is your using WB too late in rotation.
  13. Gimpy Loyal Player

TB cap is easy to hit.

The cap "scales" to your supply drop and trinket use where your might gets an increase.
  14. Mazahs Loyal Player

No you and I said same thing. Unless you trinket / sc or trinket you wont hit cap.
    It scales off might and nothing else.

Vs a sparring target sure, but unless you are equal to or above CR of adds the likelihood of hitting TB cap is not very likely.
  15. Gimpy Loyal Player

No we did not.

The cap is not that hard to hit.

No trinket or supply drop required.

If you're having a problem hitting the cap in Boss fights it isn't because the cap is "hard to hit" or Quantum would be a more competitive power than it currently is when only using powers from the tray.
  16. Gimpy Loyal Player

Was it just a fluke last night while trolling an instance or have they completely removed CC effects?

Not 1 single CC I used had any effect on adds or Bosses.