Question's weekly(?) mystery

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by IIThe QuestionII, Feb 19, 2016.

1. IIThe QuestionII Loyal Player

Okay, since the fun house seems a little bit quiet, i'll see if this works!

I'll be posting weekly(?) mysteries, for people to solve, each mystery will have an ingame bounty that will go to the first one to get it right and maybe something extra if the mystery contains easter eggs. The mystery will be posted for about a week and then the winner will be announced, hope you guys like it!!
    [Bounty only available for US peeps >__< srry, but EU peeps are more than welcome to test their detective skills!]

----------------------------
    A case of the Obvious
    Difficulty Rank: C
    Client: Pablo Sangria
    Bounty: $500,000.00
    Extras: 4 easter eggs= 1 exobit stack of any color each.

For a business man with a secret hero life, Pablo Sangria sure had a demanding routine.
    He wakes up at 4:00AM to get his day planned. By 5:00AM he works out for about an hour with Ted Grant, his boxing instructor.

By 8:00AM he would be on his office, where he would remain through the day attending the daily affairs of his business, sharing the office only with Julian Day, who handles, amongst other things, his schedule. Around 1:00PM his assistant Jake Jameson arrives and picks up a package containing the earnings from the previous day, which he will later transport to the bank.

Pablo will usually leave his office around 8:00PM and get home, where his butler James Meese will have dinner waiting for him, which he will eat before heading to a quick language lesson with her private teacher Meredith Jones at 9:00PM.

Except, this Wednesday, a day without any relevance, things took a different path, after noticing that Ted’s knuckles seem a bit bruised, Ted explains he had a “rough night getting some information” so they only do light exercise.

He heads to his office only to find out that Julian called in sick, claiming he got into an accident the night before, saying he has a black eye and several other bruises. By 1:00PM Jake phones in and informs him that he won’t be able to make it today, to which Pablo decides to close shop earlier and takes the money to the bank himself.
    Once outside, Pablo goes through the crowd when suddenly he feels a pull, a mysterious figure runs through and snatches the money package from him.

Pablo goes to the Police and after a couple of hours of paperwork, statements and other procedures; he finally goes home and arrives at 9:30PM. He tells James about the day while he makes dinner, and after dinner, he finds out Meredith has already left home so he then heads to bed.

Given that, the batmobile lost a wheel and the Joker got away, Oracle turns to the Exobyte heroes to solve this mystery…¿Who stole the money package?
    • Like x 1
  2. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Umm, what are we supposed to solve? o_O
    • Like x 1
  3. IIThe QuestionII Loyal Player

O.O sorry, don't know how i missed it! ^^ Luckily (and ty) I managed to edit before it got locked, the question to solve is who stole the money. :)
    Thanks for pointing it out!
  4. Slade Wilson Devoted Player

And how does the "Easter Egg" thing work? Is it like saying "Ted Grant is Wildcat" or "Pablo Sangria is the name of the NPC vendor in Blüdhaven" or is it just the Batmobile? Or the whole line fromt Joker's Christmas song?
    • Like x 2
  5. IIThe QuestionII Loyal Player

Yeah, should have hid them better but I forgot the forums had the man who uses up to 90% of his brain :eek:
    • Like x 1
  6. Slade Wilson Devoted Player

So that's really all about the easter eggs? Spotting something that is in the game and claim it?
    • Like x 1
  7. IIThe QuestionII Loyal Player

I guess, though depending on how people find stuff and solve it i migth go abit more obscure into the DCU (or stop writting this depending on hoe people like it or not lol). This one is testing the waters i'd say.
  8. Slade Wilson Devoted Player

So that's 3 stacks of exobits as I deliberatly left one easter egg out (by my perception) then??

If that's a yes, send them to one of DarkVisor's toons :D I'm currently not logging in because I'd had to clean up inventories and mailoboxes anyway if I did :D
    • Like x 2
  9. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Do we give our answers here? Have an idea who stole it plus an Easter Egg (or maybe an answer to a secondary mystery)
    • Like x 1
  10. IIThe QuestionII Loyal Player

D: and here i was celebrating that you had missed one!

You can place the theory here, i'll pm the first one to win for the toon names and post the answers and winner by the end of the week(or sooner if the mistery is already squeezed)
    • Like x 1
  11. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

[IMG]
    LET THE MYSTERY SOLVING BEGIN
    • Like x 1
  12. Harlequin_Nox Committed Player

Wildcat got the scrapes from questioning Calendar Man, who got the bruises from said questioning. Or else the two simply had a scuffle related to something else entirely.

I want to say that Calendar Man did not commit the robbery, because had he done so he would have worn an Odin-themed costume, but you specifically state that this Wednesday is a day of no significance (and the thief was a "mysterious figure," which could also denote a lack of significance). Also there is the title, "A Case of the Obvious," which leads me to go with this instead of Jake.

So, my final answer is that Julian Day, aka "Calendar Man," took the money bag.
    • Like x 1
  13. bareheiny 10000 Post Club

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  14. Lara Kelly Well-Known Player

The butler, it's always the butler :p
    [James]
    • Like x 1
  15. bareheiny 10000 Post Club

Well duh....but which one?
    [IMG]
    • Like x 2
  16. Lara Kelly Well-Known Player

The one who did it :p
    • Like x 2
  17. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Don't know enough about DC to figure out secret identities, but going to go with: Julian called in sick as he was the one Ted got the information from, and Jake was the thief (he called in sick knowing that Pablo would have to deposit the money and which route he would take), either him or it was Meredith who drugged Jake after their lunchtime tryst
    • Like x 1
  18. BigAl Devoted Player

Rats, its always rats.
    • Like x 1
  19. IIThe QuestionII Loyal Player

SOLUTION

Easter Eggs:
    Julian Day: Calendar Man
    Ted Grant: Wildcat
    Pablo Sangria: Titanic Trenton
    Batmobile lost a wheel and the joker got away is and excerpt from Joker’s Jingle Bells version.

CULPRIT:
    Wildcat spent the night interrogating Calendar man, however this is merely circumstantial.

The culprit is indeed, the butler, since dinner would be usually ready by 8:00PM, yet, by 9:30PM he had just started making it, anticipating somehow that Pablo was going to be late that night, while also going out in the day to make sure Jake wouldn't be able to make it.

Winners!!

Pm your toon names or the toon names where you want the prize mailed to!
    Stay tuned for new mysteries!
    • Like x 1
  20. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Have enough stacks of the Bits, you can donate them to another worthy player (was just fun to play, miss these sorts of games :()
    • Like x 1