Question on 210 skip

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Clerniece, Aug 22, 2019.

1. Clerniece New Player

I'm a new player, went through to 30 already. Got membership. I'm a DC fan and am playing just for fun, not hardcore.

I want to run content for the content, but I don't want to be worrying about gearing so much as I go (Although I know I'll have to when at end game.) I'd like to avoid grinding as I journey through the episodes. Should I get the skip? Will it bar me from any episode content? Will it mark the cut-scenes as seen?
  2. Eve YouTuber

In my opinion you shouldn't get a CR Skip for your first character. You should experience the content and the leveling.
    Focus on Earning source marks from open world missions and on duty content, and you'll be fine with gearing up.
    There is the option of time capsule gear if you get stuck. Also, the Universal tier vendor who can give you the gear
    you exactly need. You can still pretty much breeze through content just by playing it and get some gear to drop,
    without worrying too much about source marks. But if you'll want styles and such, you will have to grind.

It won't bar you from content, you will just be above the content's required CR, and be able to breeze through.
    No, it does not mark cut scenes as seen.
    • Like x 9
  3. Control Creed Well-Known Player

The cut scenes run pretty much no matter what you do unfortunately. It will not bar you from content but you won't get marks to purchase things you will need to unlock like Generator Mods, usually if you play the game from the start you will be able to unlock all the essentials by CR 60 to 70. If you skip it's a little harder to grind the materials to unlock your artifacts (for free, you can buy nth metal etc though).

Personally, level 1-30 is my favorite part of the game still and it really gives you an idea what a power can do... of course you could use YouTube to look up the power you choose and try "OP DAMAGE!!!" loadouts but, I tend to use those as guides and add my own preferences (crowd control etc) to my loadouts.

Therefore, unless you really can't wait the week or two it takes you to get to CR 210 , no... honestly the "grind" for CR is not that bad in DCUO.

Artifacts on the other hand... if WAS going to pay to skip, given how crucial Artifacts are at any CR, the whole game is built around them I'd do the Nth Metal / Breakthrough boxes instead... Artifacts are WAY more "grindy" than gear IMO.
    • Like x 5
  4. myandria Item Storage

Agreed. Also, keep in mind that with the CR210 skip, you will not earn source marks for the lower level content; this is called CR relevancy. So, the only way you will earn Source marks is through content at CR210 and the Event Missions for Justice League Dark. You may get a random Source Mark drop as a reward choice when completing lower level content, though.

Also, using the skip does not grant all of the SP from that content; you only get around (+-) 77 skill points, depending upon what level you use the CR skip at. This means you will have to go back and complete the older content for feats to get those skill points. As Nyx pointed out, it is best to run the content all the way through without the skip; this allows you to bank a good amount of source marks with the bonus of completing feats for skill points.
    • Like x 4
  5. Dedikated6 Well-Known Player

lol come to the mmo but dont wanna grind this is some of the reason micro transactions are the biggest villain in gaming . lol level up the right way mannn learn the game learn the roles . these devs made it so easy nowadays to level up ya cr its very casual friendly . just lock in for a week or 2 trust me itll payoff . LOL or just go ahead and give them some more money to skip tiers and still be a noob as you pew pew and breeze through area 51
  6. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Don't skip since this is your first character. You'll have to play old content to catch up on feats regardless.
    • Like x 4
  7. Clerniece New Player

Thanks Nyx, ControlCreed & Myandria, your answers were intelligent as well as helpful & I appreciate it. I'm playing this game mostly to enjoy the DC stories/world, that's what I meant by "Content" :)

I've decided against the skip...unless I get really stuck at some point & can't get into the CR needed for the next episode by one of the methods Nyx gave.
    • Like x 5
  8. Control Creed Well-Known Player

I
    If you "get stuck" beyond doing the daily event solo open world missions and event queue missions to store up gear (I personally prioritize Rings, Neck, Face, Shoulders, Weapon and Waist since they drop less often) to replace your lowest CR gear (which usually does the trick) LFG chat is your friend.

Go to the LFG chat and type in 'Can somebody help me with (insert mission)" while you do your open world event solos and you'll level up in no time.

To be honest, I find it hard up to about CR 180 to stay at a CR Relevancy Tier long enough to maximize the marks I earn on the way up as opposed to trying to "grind" CR.

Typically up to about Tier 6 I would just queue the duos, alerts and raids and usually you will jump CR pretty fast, I never have to spend marks on gear till CR 160 or so and then at that point there's a robot in the hideouts / police stations or in the Watchtower / Hall of Doom across near the loyalty vendor that will have the gear you need to jump CR. Get a Weapon or at worst a Weapon and Chest (the most expensive pieces jump your CR faster) and you'll get there pretty darn fast. It's that simple in my experience.
    • Like x 1
  9. Magnificent Loyal Player

The bad part is that the comic cut scenes you got from 1-30 stop (except for one more from the Last Laugh DLC) once you start getting into the DLC's.

The ones that they've created (with ingame characters and emotes) will play every time you run that particular content.

Grinding out the Marks for purchasing the next tier's gear is a LOT easier now that Marks are more consolidated (everything gives Source Marks and you can use them up to the last 3 DLC's). This means you can progress through the content at your own pace (over-gear if you want or play it with the intended level gear). Going this route will take you a couple of months to get to 210 but it sounds like you are the type to enjoy the trip.
  10. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Good choice. Couple of tips. Do the duos. Lower level duos seem to give better gear at some tiers. Most are not hard, and can pretty much be solo'd. Time capsule gear should be your go to if you get stuck or feel squishy. It's much cheaper and better for your overall play and experience to grab a piece of TC gear here and there. For the most part, all time capsule gear is the same. The head, back, and chest will almost always be the most expensive. Most of the other pieces are usually at a reasonable price.
    • Like x 1
  11. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

I did it with one character. You can see what you get here if it helps?
  12. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

Honestly I'd say do it. The combat is simple enough that people should have to be gate kept from being lcose to the end. Whatever , you learn at cr 40 is applicable at cr 210. The game is I'd dare to say easier that the first 5 tiers. You sound like you actually want to learn how to play the game which really isn't hard to do.

Cutscenes always play unless they give you the prompt to skip.

However, If you do jump try to join a league and ask questions because you will find that there are a lot people who don't care to help you simply because you boosted (like every elitist in an MMO which is odd considering the lack of complexity in this one) and others who just mean people or lack patience.
  13. Nodens Dedicated Player

One other thing I hadn't seen addressed by the others (although I may simply have missed it):
    You commented that you don't want to worry about gearing up until you get to end game. The thing is, the only way to GET anywhere close to end game is by gearing up. Level progression stops at 30. After that, Combat Rating (CR) and Skill Points (SP) are the measure of your progression, and CR is determined by the most powerful gear you've attained (whether you still have it or not). CR, for the most part, determines which content you can get into. The episodic content increases it's CR requirement by about 10 points each. With the current CR cap being about 273, there's already a lot of content you won't get access to, even if you were at 210.
  14. Irvynnge Loyal Player

just joining the chorus, I guess, but I wouldn't skip. it's a great little game. take your time, enjoy it. take pride in your character. gear it up. earn your sp. trust me, there is no feeling quite like the feeling of finishing Power Core at level for the first time. magic. pure magic. welcome to the game. have a cracking good time.
    • Like x 1
  15. LeagueOfV Dedicated Player

I don't think I saw anyone mention it, but run the vault every day too for gear that you need for your current CR. And run the event versions of the current DLC every day. You should never really "get stuck" with all the gear options, but as others have said you can always use the gear vendors and source marks if you want to progress faster and are unlucky with 1 or 2 missing pieces that are holding you back from the next wave of missions.
  16. Yaiba Committed Player

You should get it, free feat is always good :cool::cool::cool:
  17. inferno Loyal Player

Since you're a DC fan more than a gamer, as everyone has said; Don't skip.

The way dcuo tell their stories as you enter an episode are: Intro/announcement by a NPC of the Episode situation.

Mission or missions will be added on your journal (usually it tells you in what sequence to play the instances.) As you enter an instance, an NPC may introduce the mission.

Along instances or open world associated with the content, you will find briefings, investigations and collections, that continue to tell some part of the story, around the map. IF you are having difficulties finding these, this site may have the info you need dcuobloguide.com.

Welcome to DCUO and enjoy.
    • Like x 1
  18. Millefune PSN Well-Known Player

Back when the CR Skip was to 170, I did it on my main character. Worst mistake I ever made in the game. I missed out on experiencing a lot of content, and I was under-powered for my CR, due to not having the appropriate amount of Stat Points. I ended up starting a new main to actually play through the game.

The gearing won't be a problem, with all the gear boxes you get just for doing content, and you'll get tons of Source Marks to supplement CR gear purchases (and to buy styles for super cheap from the old vendors, thus getting you more Feats and SP). CR-Skip should be used on alternates, when you're able to just buy over all the old feats you've already done with Replay Badges, and not have to re-grind.
    • Like x 2