Question for experienced Nature dps

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Psyfur, May 14, 2020.

1. Psyfur Well-Known Player

I use a healer build specifically for alerts that has over 11,000 in dom. This is because my goal is to keep my teammates shielded through the entire alert and only heal them if I have to. But I ran into a little trouble with this strategy while running with a couple of Nature dps in VMF. I’ll just say I had to heal more than usual. So my question is what powers could they had been using in their dps loadouts that would override Water’s bubble shield?
  2. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Need more information. I'm assuming they were melee and obviously taking a lot of damage.
  3. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Different people also have different specs of skill points, artifacts, and builds. Some use shields others don’t even block. Some don’t even have any skill points at all.
    • Like x 1
  4. Psyfur Well-Known Player

Well VMF started off strange. I shielded everyone and we attacked the first group of adds. One of the Nature dps was already knocked out while everyone else’s health was topped off. So I kept an eye on him for the rest of the raid. I noticed he used Gorilla form all the time, even in hallways. His league mate only used Gorilla form during the fight with Lex and that’s the only time I noticed him taking heals from me. I’m not sure if they were doing melee attacks. I saw them throwing something repeatedly while in Gorilla form. They were doing tons of damage. So much so that the boss ignored me.
    The other dps was Rage and there was no problem keeping him topped off.
  5. Psyfur Well-Known Player

Excuse me, I meant alert, not raid.
  6. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

I don't think it was anything specific they were doing, it just sounds like the Bubble you had them in was getting used up.
  7. Schimaera Devoted Player

Nature in Gorilla form is - with the good rotation - almost all the time vulnerable to interrupt. Empowered Channeling just isn't good for Nature. Simply because it is advised to use Gorilla's Hand Clap clipped with a power all the time.
    The "trowing" animation is either Voracious Plants spam - which is not ideal, or Acrobatic's Zip Tie Attack (which would make more sense in Single Target fights).
    This is basically also why they take more damage in boss fights in general (without a tank). The way threat is generated and the high amount of dps a well specced Nature dps can dish out as a Gorilla usually causes the boss to solely focus on them. It is easily managable but they have to be on high alert all the time.

As for the first group of adds ... sounds to me like the one nature dps tried to apply all the dots first, grabbed aggro that way and you weren't just in range.
    Generall speaking, I don't see how nature can be damaged that badly from hallway adds anyways. The hardest hitter for Nature melee is Savage Growth which doesn't have a dominance check and such juggles adds like all the time.

Lastly it always comes down to how good of a player the other group members are. Not using your cola, looking at how the boss is attacking you (and counter them even as dps) and keeping an eye on their own health bar is always important.
    So it basically could have something to do with their power and their optimised loadouts or they aren't just as good when it comes to running without a tank :)

As for shield overrides...i don't know to be honest. A good Nature dps loadout doesn't have HL Shield or Swarm Shield on their ability bar and I don't even know if they override a healers shield in dps stance because I don't use them ^^
  8. dcuotoo Well-Known Player

"Some use shields others don’t even block. Some don’t even have any skill points at all. "-Deity
    I usually call them leaguemates..the 0SP nonblackers...hehehe...
  9. Pat New Player

would have checked their mods, see if they have empowered channeling and fortified assault, if they don't it's just the standard gorilla form suicide run that is going to take huge damage while chasing the scoreboard. I would guess they just took so much damage that your shields got used up fast.