Question about fire's lack of stun cc.

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Kanmaru, Dec 15, 2019.

1. Kanmaru Dedicated Player

I could be wrong, but why is it that fire is the only power without any type of hard stun ability? Backdraft is a pull that only really works with high Dom in tank role and flashpoint is a random knockback that barely does even that. Is it too much to ask if we receive a hard stun to stall enemies?
    • Like x 1
  2. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Cc abilities/moves aren’t dependent on how high your dominance is. Once you reach a threshold all your abilities that have a CC component will CC unless the adds becomes resistant or immune.
    • Like x 1
  3. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Rage doesn't have a stun that I'm aware of.
    Earth's pull has a stun.
    Ice has a power that stuns and knock down but I don't think it's used in tank loadouts.
    Atomic has a SC that can stun and a Tank ability that has a chance to stun.

Fire can juggle mobs so what would be the point of adding a stun? It would be one less needed heal or shield in your loadout.
    • Like x 1
  4. Kanmaru Dedicated Player

I would just be nice to have a stun option. "It's better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it." Plus, there are sometimes I know if I had it, I could get myself out of some really tight spots.I also forgot they removed rage's stun after revamp.
    • Like x 1
  5. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Then everyone would want one. I'm not against the idea but it would need to be also implemented for the other powersets, ie an Artifact.
    • Like x 1
  6. Kanmaru Dedicated Player

You mean powerset specific artifacts or a certain role type artifact?
    • Like x 1
  7. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Role specific. For example an artifact that converts a tank's group breakout into an AoE stun.
    • Like x 1
  8. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

Oh snap.