Question About Episode Release

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by BlazeChamp, Oct 7, 2015.

1. BlazeChamp Committed Player

How come they release the new episodes on Wednesday? Weekly resets happen on Thursday so a lot of people won't bother to reset the raid yet. It seems like a big financial loss to me.
  2. akaivy Dedicated Player

I think there are reasons that have to do with the systems under which they operate. In my case, Playstation Network.

The people who use replays often will reset, even if they waited to release it on Thursday. It's the nature of the player. I don't use replays often to reset game content, but if I like the new stuff, I will probably rest it myself.
  3. Derio 15000 Post Club

Actually its released for legendary only for a week so consider it a legendary perk to get it 1 day and then a free reset. Plus remember elite and normal share the same lockout so people will do regular today and then elite tomorrow and then reset elite over the weekend.

Plus remember its 87 RB compared to 29. Almost 3x as much as last month, so i wouldnt say they are losing revenue especially when the premiums havent even joined in and wont until next week.
    • Like x 1
  4. Veritasum Loyal Player

Yes, I look at it as a perk. Even though it's not really 2x1, I perceive it that way being able to get a couple of free runs at the content right out of the gate. I don't use a whole lot of RB. Maybe once or twice a week, sometimes not even that.
    I think that with our RB population, they're not really losing anything. Maybe not gaining as much, but not loosing. And if and when they change that drop day, we'll just get more cash grab threads. Anyway, it's cool the way it is now. Hopefully they keep it that way. If anything, at least for perception.
  5. Superskull85 Devoted Player

:/... I really don't think a day will matter if you are purely focused on how Replay Badge use will affect the content. Releasing on a Wednesday gives everyone an incentive to login that day immediately so that they retain all of their "free runs." It ensures that the first day has a lot of players looking to run it.

BTW this is not "new" either. This has happen for practically the entire life of DCUO. Most DLC in the past released early in the week/late in the reset timeframe. Typically Tuesday or Wednesday. Mostly Wednesday. It is not that abnormal.
  6. MuTeDx Committed Player

I think the actual day is planned around the Playstation store updates. Unless it's changed PSN has certain days they update things and they dont push out on other days unless its a game breaking fix that absolut HAS to go out or risk money. PC side just waits for the PSN to update before we get the update pushed. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong but this is how I always understood it because ive played games where PC got DLC's but being on playstation I had to wait a day or two for the store to update.