Quark Vendor suggestion

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Aetrius, Nov 6, 2021.

1. Aetrius Well-Known Player

We can buy complete styles from the Quark vendor to complete feats from obsolete Time Capsules, but I think it would be a nice change if they'd allow us to buy the collection pieces from those old TCs as well. I'm sure there are many people like me who were working on the collections for those pieces that for one reason or another never finished them, and would like to clear the collection out of our list, not to mention finishing the style for something less than 5000+ quarks. Why not offer the individual collection pieces on the Quark vendor at a fraction of the cost of the full piece? If it's a 12 piece collection then each piece costs 1/12th of the cost of the full item, or weight them so that the rare pieces cost a larger percentage of the total cost - either way is fine.
  2. DanielH New Player

I brought this up previously. What I was told was that the Quarks Vendor version is Account Bound, while the Collections Reward is Tradeable. There wasn't an easy mechanical way to make purchasing the collections from the vendor to complete the Collection not result in a tradeable version of the item, and they didn't like the idea of people creating burner freebie accounts to collect Quarks and then sell or trade the stuff off the vendor.
  3. Aetrius Well-Known Player

I can believe they said that, but it doesn't even make sense. The only way to get quarks is TCs. Free accounts get what 3 TCs a month? If they took nothing but quarks, it would still take like 5 years to buy a complete collection off of the quark broker (assuming that the collection pieces added up to the cost of the items). All they would have to do is flag the collection pieces in the quark vendor as account bound and it really becomes a non-issue.
  4. DanielH New Player

Granted, this was back before the days of the new membership changes.

A Premium account, for a single $5 payment ever (which was required if you wanted to be able to trade stuff anyways), would get 4 fragments per day. That means 8 full Stabilizers per month. Factoring in bonuses and events, you'd get roughly 100 stabilizers per year. Then you open those during Resurgence when 7 stabilizers gets you 9 time capsules. This means you open roughly 135 time capsules in a year. That's already a pretty big pile of Quarks.

Then, if you pass on getting the crappy stuff, and you take Quarks for everything except the most rare of Collection pieces, you can easily net up to 3K Quarks in a year off of a single burner account that only had to do 1 minute of maintenance per day. Use those Quarks during the Quarks Vendor Sale event and you can grab yourself some of those really rare collection rewards way easier than intended.

Up until the membership change, I maintained 5 separate accounts (1 lifetime, 3 Legendary, and 1 premium) that I logged into daily just for Stabilizers. Running a secondary account was waaaaaaaaaay cheaper than actually buying Stabilizers, because they give so much away for free, and then give so little for what you pay. I did it just to collect rare collections and styles and then to sell stuff on the broker and make billions in cash. But my main exclusively picked the Quarks to buy that old stuff. If I could have done that on an alt account, I definitely would have done that instead and been selling Void Materials.