Quantum Trolling Whats your load out>

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Abstrakt, May 15, 2013.

1. Lights Derp Loyal Player

The only thing I didn't like about t.bomb was the CC. I've gotten used to clumping adds together with singularity and I found myself missing that ability lol. I personally think w.barrage is the better debuff for raids especially T5 since it can be applied from max range where a.wave requires you to be at mid range for the debuff to stick.

With that being said the CC from a.wave did save me a few times in ops and nexus when QT was on cool down.

So many choices :D
  2. StopPerving Dedicated Player

Yep, I've totally specced out of speed drain (well, in my case, Word of Power).. because Event Horizon is doing pretty much the same job.
  3. Massah Committed Player

Only reason I see your damage being so high is the fake scorcard damage from Timebomb. (Go into a solo (Greenhouse is a great example as the big plant add clealry does not have more than 4k health - yet keep casting time bomb to kill it and look at your damage out on the scorecard -Literally wosre than fake Gadgets detonation damage or pre-nerf Transmute/Clownbox as Time Bomb has a much shorter cooldown and is only a single power cast so it can be used to fluff damage more often)

As for my Quantum Controller Loadout : Tachyon Burst, Temporal Extortion, Evant Horizon (Raids, sometimes Alerts/Ops)/Temproal Vortex (Good for solo/duo's), Warped Reality, Singularity, Warp Barrage
    I on the otherhand do focus on damage as a troll - the faters things die the less power needed for the group. Precision biased but 1312might, 500 precision *(pre-buff from Instant power) 1144 Resto, 1164 DOM, 1812 vitalization (will remod to get that 2-3 vit for the next tick) Similar to my Mental loadout - Terror Tendrils, Pyschic Empowerment, Bastion, Menace, Grandeur/Horrific Visage/Terrorize*(Only used Terrorize if I had to have the damage debuff; normally ran Grandeur to pick people up and have a self-shield OR Horrifc Visage for the enhanced Crowd Control), Phantom Flames

Using the above loadouts Mental does more damage than Quantum in controller stance - mainly because Menace uses the Terror PI where as Warped Reality sets up the Graviton PI. Now if I am back-up troll and there is no Mental user applying Terror that is where the damage is lessened as Mental and is more similar to Quantum. Biggest difference is that Mental like Gadgets and Hardlight has the ability to panic enemies which sends enemies all over the place where as Quantum can group the adds together for easy focus AOE. Adding the weapon buff applies crowd control to normal weapon attacks and in the case of Quantum applies the Graviton-Charged so that the application of Singularity changes that to Polarization to attaract enemies and Objects *cough - Lighweight/Meteors (Statues @ Magic)* Warp Barrage does split damage but it reminds me of the terrible damage split of Mass Terror except it does not attack objects like boxes. I miss ghosting, perma-stun terrorized, and the ability to destroy objects quickly with Terror Tendrils clipped with Menace. Plus it seems the fist puming Instant power animation is slower than throwing one's arms out to the side like Gadgets/Mental - but haven't done actual witd I'd make it work. Ditched Alcubierre wave sacrificed my Defense, Super Strength, & Health Iconics to get Warp Barrage...now enjoying the Crowd Control PI's and extra vithout regret.
  4. ToneMD New Player

Hmm Didn't even look at that group shield as I hate them. Good to know there is another PoT supercharge out there.
    I'll probably keep speed drain though as it saves me a power point.

For trolling I go:

[Gravitonic Field (PoT)] + [Singularity (Def Debuff)] + [Gravity Well] + [Speed Drain (Pot SC)] + [Temporal Extortion (Insta-Power)] + [Quantum Tunneling or Time Bubble (Damage Mitigation/Shield]

I know a lot of people will say, "Why Grav Well? You no damage, gimme POWA!" The stun is good for unruly ads and you get a few good DoT ticks with the grav field + Singularity +Temp. Extortion + Grav Well power interactions. Hitting that after a good speed drain will help you put the finishing touch on a boss. If they don't die you better have a soda ready to get power back. Popping that lovely FOS troller trinket before the PoT helps alot.

Getting better with the Quantum Tunneling so I may drop the time Bubble altogether (playing with an Xbox controller) saving me a power point.
    • Like x 1
  5. chaotic3430 Committed Player

I am a 77 CR Troll. I use:
    Tach Burst (POT, Destabilizes and will actually apply a Defense Debuff, watch for the shield under the enemy health)
    Time Bomb (Defense Debuff, extra damage to destabilized enemies)
    Warp Barrage (Damage Debuff, extra damage to destabilized enemies)
    Temporal Extortion (Power Dump, Recharge 3 Lowest in group, boosts self might and precision for short time)
    Time Bubble because I use melee or Quantum Tunneling when facing a boss that traps like Pied Piper
    Event Horizon (Group shield for self and 7 in group, reflects damage at enemy and supplies major Power recharge.

In alerts I will swap Warp Barrage for Distortion Wave for AOE time freeze, time destabilization effect. I have frozen more than 10 at a time with this. My DOM is around 700, the higher the DOM the longer the effect.

I also use Staff for the stun effects that also hits 32-37 times in one combo, or the knock back on the shorter combo. If I am running in a raid were I need to concentrate more on power output I will use Hand Blasters for the range.

The key for Quantum is chaining for extra damage while providing power:

Temp Ext
    Tach Burst
    Time Bomb
    Warp Barrage
    Time Bubble
    2X Combo

Rinse and repeat. When group power is low pick your moments then pop Event Horizon. But, you need to throw good combos to super charge again because of the 50% SC burn. Staff is great for this ( Tap Square - Hold 4X Square), Hand Blaster too if you use the (Tap 2X Triangle - Hold Triangle).

AGENT GRAVITRON