Quantum Troll Artifacts

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by bobert0317, Feb 22, 2020.

1. bobert0317 Active Player

What artifacts would you recommend for a quantum troll to use?

The current ones I use are:
    • [IMG]Parasite's Power Harness
      • Power Distribution
        Hitting an enemy with a Controller Debuff grants you and up to 7 group members Power equal to (6/8/9/10)% of your Vitalization, and Precision equal to (1/1.33/1.5/1.67)% of your Vitalization. This effect stacks for each type of Controller Debuff used.

Upcoming Rank Bonuses:
        (20) +Health Stat, 1% Vitalization
        (40) +Power Stat, 2% Vitalization
        (60) 1% Health
        (80) 3% Vitalization, 1% Health
        (80) Power Distribution (1)
        (100) 2% Health
        (120) 4% Vitalization, 2% Power
        (120) Power Distribution (2)
        (140) 3% Health
        (160) 5% Vitalization, 3% Power
        (160) Power Distribution (3)
        (180) 4% Health
        (200) Power Distribution (4)
    • [IMG]Amulet of Rao
      • Blessing of Rao
        Your Controller Debuffs are (20/30/40/50)% stronger and hit up to (1/2/4/7) additional enemies near your target.

Upcoming Rank Bonuses:
        (20) +Power Stat, 1% Vitalization
        (40) +Health Stat, 2% Vitalization
        (60) 1% Power
        (80) 3% Vitalization, 1% Health
        (80) Blessing of Rao (1)
        (100) 2% Power
        (120) 4% Vitalization, 2% Health
        (120) Blessing of Rao (2)
        (140) 3% Power
        (160) 5% Vitalization, 3% Health
        (160) Blessing of Rao (3)
        (180) 4% Power
        (200) Blessing of Rao (4)
    • [IMG]
      Claw of Aelkhünd
      • Supplanting Energies
        While in [Controller Role] your [Group Weapon Buff] applies to you and (3/3/7/7) party members with highest power pool and in additions grants 7% Might, Restoration, and Dominance as well as (0/0/0/5)% Critical Chance and Magnitude for 12 seconds, but no longer power heals.

Increases the passive power regeneration from your [Controller Role] by 20%.

After casting your [Group Weapon Buff] gain 3% Vitalization per group member with Supplanting Energies on them for 12 seconds.

Upcoming Rank Bonuses:
        (20) +Power Stat, 1% Health
        (40) +Might Stat, 2% Health
        (60) 1% Power
        (80) 3% Health, 1% Might
        (80) Supplanting Energies (1)
        (100) 2% Power
        (120) 4% Health, 2% Might
        (120) Supplanting Energies (2)
        (140) 3% Power
        (160) 5% Health, 3% Might
        (160) Supplanting Energies (3)
        (180) 4% Power
        (200) Supplanting Energies (4)
  2. Music Mechanicz New Player

My controller character uses the power Harness and Rao artifacts, but I use scrap of the soul cloak instead of the claw for supercharge regeneration.
    • Like x 3
  3. L T Devoted Player

That seems to be pretty standard for all trolls, and it's VERY effective.

Parasite increases everybody's power regeneration by increasing their power pools. Rao helps stop things from getting healed and makes them melt a bit faster, and soul cloak helps you build supercharge fast so your shield is always ready. It's a very effective combination for any controller.
  4. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Use Soul Cloak in place of the Claw. Claw of Aelkhund is more suited for situational needs and not everyday controlling.
  5. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

As stated above the most standard artifact set up for trolls is rao, parasite. Soul cloak. I personally like the strategist because you could also use it for dps which means 1 less artifact for you to build.
  6. Black Jaq Devoted Player

If your Claw is 200, keep it. Personally, I think the only two must have are Rao and Scrap for Controlling. Third is your choice and can be your buff artifact like Claw. EoG can work if you have an SC based league. Tetra works if you have all DPS might based.
    • Like x 2
  7. MistahMartini New Player

hi, I use dead king's scepter..but that is because I don't have time to boost every artefact up and also like to do damage.
    Instead any ideas for augments?
    Here as well... I have a mix: half controller half Damage superpowers.
    I have quantum.
    Thanks
  8. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

For Control all 4 need to be Vit augs. For Buff Control all 4 need to be either Vit or Dom augs for bonus health. Don't mix augments it just cuts your stats down.
  9. FlexVibrant Well-Known Player

Rao
    Claw
    for sure.

eog/soul cloak/strat/parasite/tetra/prec buff art as a 3rd
  10. L T Devoted Player

This advice is too late for you, but for other casual "don't want to level lots of artifacts folks" I recommend some combination of Tetrahedron, Scrap of the Soul Cloak, Eye of Gemini, Strategist, and Cog. Pick 3 that work. Controlling with EoG takes some work moving around to get your circle where it's needed. Strategist is decidedly meh for controlling but it's not completely useless. In any event these artifacts will be reasonably effective in both roles.
  11. Baelor New Player

Interesting that people use and recommend using Parasite's Power Harness. I found it pretty weak. I didn't notice my group's power bar move at all when debuffing. So I switched it to Strategist's Card and noticed a substantial improvement in power healing. Also, Parasite's encourages the use of all 3 debuffs when the healing debuff is only situational. Most of the time it's not needed and it prevents you from equipping a finisher to trigger the Batman Who Laughs Toxin passive.

I use these on my Munitions troll. All trolls are very similar so you might find it still useful:
    1. Amulet of Rao
    2. Strategist's Card
    3. Tetrahedron

3rd slot defaults to Tetrahedron but I swap it when activating certain abilities with: Scrap of the Soul Cloak, Philosopher's stone. I don't have Cog yet, which I'd use instead of Tetrahedron if the group was largely Precision based. And I'm thinking of Dead King's Scepter but that's low in my priorities list.
  12. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

PPH doesn't restore power, it increases the group's power pool. You can swap out your personal/detaunt shield for your finisher if you wanted.
  13. Baelor New Player

Oh man, so that's why! The wording makes it seem like it restores power. I feel dumb now. However, I think scrapping it for Strategist's Card was still a good decision as it not only increased my power out but also doubles as a great DPS artifact.

Regarding the finisher. I have become addicted to the detaunt shield, I wouldn't know how to play without it. I constantly use it to rally teammates. I play only in PUGs, so it's a life saver, literally. So I prefer removing the healing debuff instead.
  14. L T Devoted Player

Also, this thread was started and contains information that's 3 years old. Changes have happened since then.

Pro tip from a forum veteran: always check the posting dates!
    • Like x 3