Quantum Seizure Warning!

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Ergotth, Nov 2, 2021.

1. Ergotth Committed Player

Fairly recently I made myself a tank, first time actualy tanking (Atomic) and I'm having a lot of fun! But... that also means I'm the "target" for all the DPSs and their flashy abilities, and nothing is hitting me harder than Quantum's "Temporal Waves" ability. Sure that "bwoon-woon-WOOING!" causing a lot of enemies to be stunned, looking pretty impactful and all looks pretty sweet... when you're not in the middle of it xD I actualy asked a quantum DPS to go easy on it because that ability was actualy causing my eyes to feel sore and my head to start throbbing.

What I ask the devs is to consider toning down the animation of this ability or just remove the WHITE flashes of light from it and leave just the blue bubble and particles. The rest of Quantum's abilities look very smooth and manageable, but Temporal Waves is a true eyesore,

Or maybe give us the option to turn off skill animations from other players? At least when it comes to tanking, ESPECIALY in alerts and raids, we are subjected to a massive variety of flashing lights and particle effects that can hinder our abilities, and that can really harm the delicate timing of Atomic and Rage combos we need when tanking.

PS: Tone down the shield a little too, its too clunky and visualy polluted compared to more subtle barriers like Sorcery and Electric, especialy when used after Quantum Tunneling. All I think is needed is lower it's oppacity by 50%
    • Like x 2
  2. AV Loyal Player

Ha, oh man. Be thankful you weren't tanking when Zeus' Heavenly Lightning orbital still had its OG visuals. I never have problems with flashing light but that thing would leave me with nausea, eye-strain, migraines, and disorientation. Wanted to die in SM Season 1 with people running it combined with the gd strobing wall effects in US R29. Like... I'd feel like I needed to lie down after playing if someone was using it @_@

[IMG]

(Sorry this was the only video I could find of the OG orbital):

Jump to 1:20 mark (but be warned, it is EXTREMELY strobey). Just seeing it from range even is rough on the eyes.

A slider to adjust other players' effects separately from our own/all effects would be interesting.
    • Like x 3
  3. Ergotth Committed Player

Darkseid's briefs, that thing looks REALLY painful to watch xD Yea, Orbital strikes are something else that can get really painful to watch up close.
    • Like x 2
  4. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

I wish they would bring that orbital animation back, just absolutely the best.
    • Like x 2
  5. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

They have since updated the obital again, to just about match the Source Lightning Orbital.
  6. Melusine Midnight Rainbow Phoenix

Flashing isn't artwork, it's a way to hide poor lines. The original Zeus orbital looked like a bird's next made of silly string.

Also, if anyone says they get actual pain from your orbital, and that doesn't make you want to change it? Well the bunghole is the least interesting part of the barrel. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bunghole
  7. Ergotth Committed Player

Its lie saying “I know Asbestos caused lung cancer, but it made such a lovely wallpaper, we should make it again”

I honestly hope the devs hear me out in this, support roles always have their trials and difficulties to do our work, having an actual health hazard involved should NOT be part of the job!
    • Like x 1
  8. Stanktonia Dedicated Player

You can turn down the intensity of animations in your settings, under the video tab. “Effect quality” and “effect fade” are the sliders that manipulate the dress of your animations.

SN: turning down “effect quality” can also reduce lag if your experiencing any.
    • Like x 3
  9. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

My solution (cause the OG zeus orbital is awesome)
    Settings to allow tanks (or anyone) to adjust as needed
    Bring that thing back to its former glory so that i want one again :)
  10. Dev72 Dedicated Player

Settings>Video>Effects Quality and Effects fade
    • Like x 1
  11. Cordelia Well-Known Player

I wish I had the option to turn off any visual effects that do not directly impact my character. I doubt it would be possible from a programming perspective, but it would make certain things much more bearable.

Also, if they would tune down quantum... I just hate playing my quantum character because it blinds me and if I turn down the effects to a tolerable level, I can't see any effects on other characters. Argh!
    • Like x 1
  12. jolaksi Well-Known Player

It is the worst "VFX nerf" done in this game. It was GODLY.
  13. Ergotth Committed Player

While I DEEPLY APPRECIATE your hints on toning down effects, I must warn people to not overdue it because you also won't see enemy effects, including some really important ones like the fire spread out by Heatwave in Penitentiary duo and such, so try to adjust somewhere tolerable but not downright invisible. Still, just putting it around the 30% mark made it just about right. Once again, thanks a lot guys.
    • Like x 1
  14. Mentaldope40 Dedicated Player

Personally I think all the powers are too visually expressive, and wouldn't mind seeing a lite version of every powerset.
  15. Ryazan Dedicated Player

FTFY
    • Like x 1
  16. FlexVibrant Well-Known Player

the biggest question here is why a Quantum using that power? Lol it does nothing optimal for the DPS or Troll side. You can trust that 99% of the quantum community doesn't even use that power so it's really not a biggie.
  17. Magg Redd Well-Known Player

I honestly don't think I remember what that power even is....LOL...is that bad of me to say after all these years?
  18. jolaksi Well-Known Player

Thats what you think? You are one of the rare peoples that I see who defend this VFX nerf and theres nothing wrong with it.

Still, my opinion is very common among playerbase AND theres no need a fix for it.
  19. Ergotth Committed Player

for controllers its the best crowd stun there is because it gets a REALLY wide crowd. For DPSs it deals a decent chunk on damage on, again, the widest area for any power there is.
  20. FlexVibrant Well-Known Player

Not at all friend, despite its crowd stun, Quantum has enough stun in their debuff moves. Anamoly does enough. Trolling today isnt like what it was back in 2013. Tank usually will handle large crowds and a move like that isnt really needed over content.

My troll loadout like my most
    1. Anamoly
    2. Temp E
    3. Singularity
    4. Warp barrage
    5. Event H
    6. Q Tunnel

I got all my debuffs ready, power back, sc and supercharge builder (anamoly with eog tank healer us op)

I'm assuming OP is talking about Inspiral Waves

A-Wave
    D-wave are my favorite moves lol