Quantum Controlling, V 1.0

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Black Jaq, Apr 28, 2013.

1. Phantasy2013 Dedicated Player

I pray you are wrong about Word of Power and Speed Drain as they are beneficial for majority if not all Controllers. Besides, those are not apart of actual power trees, so hope they don't look at either of those controller powers.
    • Like x 1
  2. TrueMarvel New Player

Needs more colors
    • Like x 1
  3. BomombRook New Player

Well the group shield that quantum has restores power similar to the way the electricity group shield heals after each attack, it restores power after each attack. Idk if that is right but that's what I saw the power description said.
  4. Phantasy2013 Dedicated Player

Im sure but nothing beats the mammoth power of Word and Speed Drain gives. Don't get me wrong, it would be a nice change of pace to use group shields as I am a defensive oriented Controller due to my play style. But my main focus is making sure my team is full or at least half of power first and foremost so WOP and SD should be left alone period. Believe me, in those hard pressed times you are out of power, WOP and SD helps out without question.
  5. BomombRook New Player

True but a group shield that regenerates power is a little more useful then wop in some situations. I love WOP really but it does not let me move and takes a few seconds to act. At least with a power restoring shield, you can move and dump power with each hit.
    • Like x 1
  6. Black Jaq Devoted Player

It's a direct copy of Bastion from Mental.
  7. BomombRook New Player

Yea lol. Haven't played mental in a while so forgot that move.
  8. Black Jaq Devoted Player

WOP was an update about a year or so ago in response for a Power SC that wasn't movement mode related. Honestly, according to the tooltip, I thought Speed Drain was supposed to have a secondary effect of causing a DoT but I've never seen it.
  9. BrotherMutant New Player

Is it? I don't remember Bastion doing the reflect damage back on the attacker but it might, been using WoP so much.
  10. Senshirou Committed Player

Seeing how hard the hits are for t5 a shield sc is a must for at least one of the trollers imo. I'd rather be safe than sorry since you can still be hit if you use WoP (Haven't used this in forever. Correct me if I'm wrong). 2 trollers don't need to run SD or WoP in any content (currently), unless the group consists of power ****** or bad trolls. That's my 2 cents anyway.
    • Like x 5
  11. kgghk New Player

I totally agree, atleast 1 troll should have group shield with 35%sc mod. Your going to wipe more from 1 shots then you will because there is not enough power. Sd can't be interrupted unless you get hit the instant you hit the button. I've never used wop so idk about that.
    • Like x 1
  12. Black Jaq Devoted Player

Yes, according to the tooltip.
  13. Black Jaq Devoted Player

And I agree with you on this too.
    • Like x 1
  14. Black Jaq Devoted Player

Some power costs in case anyone is interested.

PoT: Tachyon Burst - 200 Gravitonic Field - 200
    Heal Debuff: Anomaly - 300 Gravity Bomb - 360
    Defense Debuff: Time Bomb - 350 Singularity - 300
    Damage Debuff: Warp Barrage - 350 Alcubierre Wave - 350

Quantum Tunnel and Temporal Extortion are in line with similar abilities in other power sets.

I looked at the cool downs on some of the powers. Warp Barrage has virtually no cool down but Time Bomb is quite long like Tesseract Prime said. The Space abilities have roughly the same cool down somewhere in between Time Bomb and Warp Barrage with Alcubierre Wave being the longest of the three Space debuffs.
    • Like x 1
  15. Solarstar New Player

No offense, but if a raid has to be reliant on gimmick powers to thrive, then it's due to how quickly the DPS are literally burning out of their own power. A Raid group should thrive without using gimmick powers with power being managed throughout by the individual themselves via weapon combos to regenerate power while the PoT ticks away and power dumps restore the three most power fatigued (depending on who's low on power at the moment).
    • Like x 1
  16. BrotherMutant New Player

How long is the cool down on Time Bomb (does the debuff last as long as the CD?)? Only reason I ask is it would only really matter if:
    A) we need to debuff more than one target (might be necessary, but if that's the case, mental has a group defense debuff still yes?)
    or, B) you miss your target with the debuff (I can see this happening as Brainiac likes to hop around a bit too).
  17. Black Jaq Devoted Player

To answer your second question first, as long as you have a lock on your target and it is within range, you get the debuff upon cast of Time Bomb. This is true with all the debuffs in both trees except Anomaly which requires a much closer range to connect with your target for PI and debuff.

I don't know if there is another way to get cooldown times other than using a stopwatch which is what I tried.

PoT: Tachyon Burst - 1.3s Gravitonic Field - 1.5s
    Heal Debuff: Anomaly - 2s Gravity Bomb - 2s
    Defense Debuff: Time Bomb - 6.5s Singularity - 3s
    Damage Debuff: Warp Barrage - 1.5s Alcubierre Wave - 4s
    • Like x 1
  18. BrotherMutant New Player

Thanks Black,

good info.
  19. CaptainNova Well-Known Player

Can someone test the damage average between the debuffs for a PvP situation
  20. Solarstar New Player

NP, Just switch Tachyon with Warp Barrage due to the change and you're all set.