Quantum Controlling, V 1.0

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Black Jaq, Apr 28, 2013.

1. Black Jaq Devoted Player

This may be a bit premature as the powers have not went live but this can be helpful. I think with T5 content, the debuff troller is going to play a larger roles that what they have been. Some of the content is design for two tanks and you only have two DPS. I’m not saying you will removed from giving instant power, but Defense and Damage debuffs will be a must.
  2. Black Jaq Devoted Player

Time Tree

The time tree seems to offer a bit more in terms of overall crowd control. I mention crowd control because watching the FNL/Odyssey Video, they were getting knocked out sometimes fighting trash mobs. Time abilities work on the Destabilized PI. Destabilized PI causes a larger yellow tick instead of a 2nd yellow tick. There are no real DoT moves in this tree.

1. Tachyon Burst – Will immobilize two targets close together and apply PI. PoT move. Very useful.

2. Time Shift – possible Controller move as it slows your enemies and they do not attack. Does not require PI to enact this effect but damage benefits from PI. You will be spending the PP here anyway.

3. Temporal Extortion – power bump. Necessary

4. Quantum Tunnelling – aggro dump. Fun to use. Can be beneficial to Controller

5. Temporal Vortex – DPS supercharge. Not recommended.

6. Closed Loop – standard self heal 35% SC. Not necessary for team play but can always be useful for solo or PVP play.

7. Anomaly – sets up PI. Healing debuff. Also, within melee range will immobilize up to 4 NPC. Useful in content that requires healing debuff. I would have this on my loadout for Seeds of Rot for these reasons.

8. Time Bomb – Defense debuffs. Slows enemies who the won’t attack but also can do other damage, knock back and stunning. Great crowd control and benefits from PI.

9. Time Bubble – standard self-shield. Another possibility for Controller depending on play style.

10. Tacyhon Blast – this is a 60% modifier ability in DPS stance and interruptible. Originally it was the damage debuff but that has been changed. Little benefit to Controller

11. Warp Barrage – this is now the Damage debuff. Benefits from PI. Also does a knockdown Cone AOE.

12. Distortion Wave – AOE ability that sets up PI. This can stop a crowd however it has a high cost with no other effects other than CC. Little benefit to Controller.

The Time Tree is pretty self-contained for Controller role as it offers your choice of utility abilities. A sample loadout would be:

Tachyon Burst, Temporal Extortion, Time Bomb, Warp Barrage, Power SC (Speed Drain or WoP), and then your utility ability.
  3. Black Jaq Devoted Player

Gravity Tree
    Gravity also sets up stuns for Crowd Control as well. It has the Graviton-Charged PI. Damage with PI does a 2nd tick, like Debris Field in Earth. Some abilities interact with the Polarized effect from the Amperage tree in Electricity. Not surprisingly, some of these abilities mimic some of the Amperage abilities.

1.Gravitonic Field – PoT move. Will stun one target and set up PI.

2.Einstein’s Ray – As you can see, neither tree really has a pull except for this ability. Have not test the Dominance requirements for it. It has a punch combo that is interesting

3.Inpsiral Waves –benefits from PI, does a knockdown, mostly a DPS ability.

4.Lift – works kinda like Telekinesis as it causes an lifts a target in the air but also drags other NPC toward them. I don’t see the benefit in this ability for DPS or Controller actually as there is a better ability on down the tree to juggle enemies

5.Oblivion – awesome DPS SC. Not needed for Controllers, also sets up PI.

6.Warp Reality – This also sets up PI but it will cause some yellows ticks on your weapon damage, similar to Weapon of Destiny from Sorcery. Also, chance to stun and root. I tried this with Dual Pistols, hoping to get mass stuns on a mob but the stun does not appear to be guaranteed.

7.Event Horizon – shield SC like Bastion from Mental – very useful. I believe group shields may be more useful starting out T5 content than just strictly power.

8.Singularity – benefits from PI. Defense debuff. Does a decent amount of damage and CC. Necessary.

9.Alcubierre Wave – one of the most interesting new mechanics in an ability. It pushes NPCs away from you but the wave starts from behind you, so it will also drag any NPCs from behind you to in front of you. This also sets up PI and is Damage debuff. Another must. Would love to see this in PVP.

10.Gravity Well- another AOE PI ability like Distortion Wave. Mainly for DPS.

11.Gravity Bomb – works like Electrostatic Bomb, benefits from PI but also causes Polarized PI. This is also your healing debuff. I can see this being huge in PVP.

12.Energy Expulsion – DPS role and one of the Finishing Moves like Sandblast, Final Ruin and Impaling Thorns. No benefit to Controllers.

As you can see, you will need to spend at least two PP in Time to get your instant power dump. Your sample loadout could be:

Gravitonic Field, Temporal Extortion, Alubierre Wave, Singularity, Oblivion and either Einstein’s Ray or Gravity Bomb.
    • Like x 1
  4. Black Jaq Devoted Player

Mixed Loadouts

We have enough PP to mix freely from Time and Gravity trees. You only need 6 PP in Time to get your main Controller abilities. If you want to pick up Event Horizon, you need 3 PP in Gravity which I would suggest Gravitonic, Einstein’s Ray and EH, leaving 6 PP to play around with for Iconics, self-heal, etc.

If you are Gravity based, you have to spend 8 PP in that tree, 2 in Time to get Temporal Extortion for all your main Controller abilities. This leaves you 5 PP to play around with for Iconics, Quantum Tunneling, etc.

I think both trees offer similar game play so try both and see what you like. The only downside to Time Tree is there are only 3 abilities that set up PI and one is clearly a DPS ability. If you are running as Debuff Controller, then you would have to use Anomaly to set up your PI but it is your healing debuff. If are running as Debuff controller and you are speccing into Gravity, you can use Alcubierre wave to set up your PI and it also does the damage debuff.

Thanks for reading. Sorry it isn't as pretty as other guides.
    • Like x 3
  5. Zpirit Dedicated Player

6. renzhe New Player

Since there will probably be a mass influx of Quantum users (majority DPSing versus Trolling), any Quantum Troller should check what the Quantum DPS is using for their PI damage, whether it be Time, or Space or a Mix.
  7. Black Jaq Devoted Player

As of right now, nothing consumes any PI. Are you speaking from some experience running content where a Controllers AlcWave robs a DPS of getting the PI when he uses AlcWave first?
  8. Solarstar New Player

If I were set up for Quantum Controlling, I'd set up as a Time Controller with this loadout:
    1. Tachyon Burst - PoT
    2. Temporal Extortion - Power Dump... 'nuff said.
    3. Quantum Tunneling - A must have for all Quantum Controllers because of the aggro wipe. A living Quantum Controller (or any Controller not HL) should always have their aggro wipe power in their loadout; and it also keeps them alive to PoT, Power Dump, etc.
    4. Time Bomb - A defensively weakened target is a much easier target to kill.
    5. Time Bubble or Anomaly - Depending on if I want to go a more survivable route; or add in a second debuff to debuff the health of the target.
    6. Event Horizon (SC), Tachyon Blast or Closed Loop (SC) - Again, depending on if I want to debuff the target's damage output or go the safer route and shield everyone. Closed Loop seems like a selfish SC to me unless it heals the entire group/raid.
    The only reasons I don't use Word of Power or Speed Drain is because of the fact that the devs may eventually nerf those, thus requiring everyone to learn power management. Yeah, I'll probably get flamed, but if the devs are being nerf happy atm, then it's a good enough guess to say that they will touch these two powers eventually.
    • Like x 3
  9. mgkaenzo Committed Player

3/4 of my league mate troll who was all HL will switch to quantum. The only advantage of HL in PvE was the +10 vit (not a lot) and you also have this advantage in quantum but better defense debuff for boss fight and amazing damage debuff. For PvP WT was really bad so I think quantum will be better and more fun. I'm the only dps who will switch to quantum day 1 maybe because they don't want to need to relearn a power, personnaly I love it and actually I have find good rotation for all powerset I have test. I love to play dps with troll role, it's so amazing for solo hard content and now I will go for solo arkham alert with T5 gear ^^
  10. renzhe New Player

No, not really, not in terms of consuming or over-writing PIs. And, I've not noticed any problems in terms of consuming or robbing away any PI.

Its more that a Quantum Troller can help set up the PI for the DPS, so the DPS can focus more on the extra PI damage powers versus setting up the PI themselves. Its basically the same if there are any common powersets in a raid group, especially a PI based power. Knowing what the other person is using is always helpful.

I did run content one T5a Op (Brothers in Arms) with a Quantum troller. When the troller and tank found out that I was Quantum DPSing, they went sort of like Omg.... noooo, not another Quantum DPS who plays around and doesn't know what he's doing.

That particular T5a Op was a success, but some irritating hiccupps at the final Jor-El fight :mad:. So the Tank and me as DPS both switched powers, and it was a literal stroll. The entire group (including the healer) was just running with T4 gear. A good test run for me to see how much damage is being done with T4 gear on.

2 other T5a runs were a complete fail, because of it comprised of fail players (except for me of cos :D). The last T5a Op run, with my leaguemate healing, and me tanking was a fail only because the entire group could not zone into the next part of the Op. Everyone kept getting the Zone unavailable message.
  11. Black Jaq Devoted Player

Truly, Vit stats should have been part of gear all along. Power regen off weapons is based not only on your hit counter but your Vit score. When other players gain Vit, they will be come less dependent on Controllers for being power batteries. Also, I am subscribing more to a group shield philosophy these day. The less damage players take, the less drain on healer meaning more instant power for the DPS.
    • Like x 1
  12. kgghk New Player

Couldn't disagree more.
    My loadout will be
    sigularity-gravaton field-temporal extortion-speed drain-quantum tunneling-alcu wave
    And ill have time bubble Einstein’s Ray and event horizon to sawp in for certain situations/content/groups

Sigularity is basically guass granade. It debuffs defenses and ccs 4 nearby targets instantly and has infinte range.
    Time bomb has to get to the target before it ccs making it far less useful. The space tree also has the controller specialization stats.
  13. AIpha New Player

Personal Trolling Loadout

Tachyon Burst
    Temporal Extorsion
    Warp Barrage
    Time Bomb/Singularity
    Quantum Tunneling
    Event Horizon

Warp Barrage might be the best power in the Quantum arsenal. I wish Time bomb moved faster though. Destabilized PI might be the best trolling PI in the game. Quantum is a very good power to troll and dps with.
    • Like x 1
  14. Black Jaq Devoted Player

+10 Vs +35 power. My Vit is high enough now that another 10 doesn't make that much of a difference in my P0T. I for one am glad that Power is now an extended stat for weapons. I actually may focus on that more than Vit since I am fully modded T4.
    • Like x 1
  15. kgghk New Player

6sp=36 power not worth it. If i spec'd for power innates my vit would be 1270 instead of 1318. Most people would agree that space tree has better controller powers then time does.
    • Like x 1
  16. Tesseract Prime Dedicated Player

I would say singularity should be used over time bomb purely for the cooldown if nothing else. Long cooldown defence debuffs are not great.

I haven't actually had a chance to compare alc wave and warp barrage since they moved the damage debuff, but it may be the case of sticking with alc for the tree specialization, although I like the push effect aswell. That said I also haven't looked much at dual specs.
    • Like x 3
  17. Black Jaq Devoted Player

But 6SP for 12 vit is? Based on your SP though I'm guessing you didn't put much SP into Dom which is fine. Everyone can play how they want. Also, please be constructive. Tesseract gave a good reason why to spec into Gravity.
  18. Black Jaq Devoted Player

Good point. Another thing I look at is power cost of abilities. I looked at Time power costs but haven't looked at Gravity yet.
  19. BrotherMutant New Player

There are multiple ways around that. WIll test further when I get off work if the server is up. Hoping to test a few loadouts (including a Dual Spec one). Problem is, I can never justify ONE loadout for BOTH roles (would never do the DPS role justice), but will keep trying.
    • Like x 1
  20. kgghk New Player

And i didn't? Just because you don't agree with my argument it isn't valid? Your the last person that should be running a guide. The +10 vit isn't the only thing i stated was better.
    Yes i don't spec to dom because it does nothing but strengthen shields. Yes 12 vit is better then 36 power. If both trolls know how to control correctly power pool is irrelevant.( Especially if your not close to the highest vit possible)
    • Like x 1