Quantum battle troll?

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by IIThe QuestionII, Mar 15, 2016.

1. IIThe QuestionII Loyal Player

So, after sometime being munitions (and loving it) I’ve become bored of it, so I’m thinking about switching to something more superpowered. (By superpowered I mean, being able to get into hard content while soloing, or not completely having to wipe if the dpses die in a fight, which are two things I loved to do when I was rage).

I'm not looking for a high dps, dps people are a dime a dozen, i'm looking for a support role which i can also make an armor for battle support/fun runs, namely, something that actually feels like i have superpowers intead of something where i go running for the hills screaming and dying whenever any sad small add punches me.

Atomic seems to be the go-to choice, however, it shares a problem with rage(which i still like, but i already have a rage alt)…this problem is: the support gear.

It’s been a pain to get my full elite gear for troll (An oddisey in a desert of green gear), so I thought, being quantum another one of the powers I liked a lot in the past, would it be possible to go Quantum instead while still pulling off a decent battle-support?

As for the soloing stuff part, I’m pretty sure that’s out of the question (Unless some quantum char gets bitten by a radioactive DeathMike), since even with munitions, soloing high tier alerts was a pain…so Quantum is a sitting duck.

But the question I guess is: Can anyone recommend a battle-troll Quantum loadout?
    And, is it viable, or is it more like an “ideal situation” concept like Celestial dps?
  2. Saybro Committed Player

From what I can gather, it seems like 4 powers will be able to have battle role per SE. Celestial, light, and atomic and with the new update, rage. But i, like you but with munitions, will be looking into a battle role. It seems as though combinations are the only way to do so and with the others you have to specc precision. I will take a look and try when the new one drops and let you know what I find though.
    • Like x 1
  3. Pathosgrim Dedicated Player

Quantum is lackluster at dpsing so it shouldn't be a good battle troll.
    Battle troll powers are usually gadgets and HL in PVE and PVP imo
  4. IIThe QuestionII Loyal Player

:( So it appears my fears were correct....i'll have to farm more elite stuff for the tanking power.

Thanks for taking the time to reply :)
  5. Derio 15000 Post Club

The only battle troll powers are gadgets, HL, and munitions. However out of those 3 munitions is the hardest to pull off.
    • Like x 1
  6. IIThe QuestionII Loyal Player

Agreed, took me centuries to find the right loadout, and i love the power, but i'm a little burned out from the repetitiveness from being either dps or troll in regular content: 1-2-3-KI-1-2-3-KI / Brawling>MA>power dump>set/refresh debuffs>repeat.

Which is why i now look for a more active support...closes thing to the old battle system :(
    • Like x 1
  7. Gimpy Loyal Player

I'm still waiting to see some good loadouts and builds for quantum battle/troll d@mn/t!!!
  8. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

My wife has 3 armories.

1. Trolling - Raids
    2. Battle Trolling - League Run for Alerts
    3. DPS

Here Battle Troll has the following loadout:

Timebomb, Warp Barage, Tachon Burst, Time Shift, Time Bubble, Even Horizon

She does really well with that in alerts. I do not really need a troll when I heal or tank and PoT is normally enough. As long as she has power she can do damage.

The problem she finds with this is power, she runs out quickly.

This is why when players mention battle trolling the best trolling power for battle trolling is Light. The combo moves take zero power and does increase damage, using precision and vit in your yellow sockets and having high SP a player can get all crits for both DPS and Troll side and produce around 25-40% of the damage of a DPS, which is really good, when most of the time it is much lower, 10% or less.

I wish all powers operated like combo powers for the AM. Atomic, Celestial and Light are best at doing damage in the support role because of how the powers are designed.
    • Like x 1