QoL UI Request:

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Apollonia, Aug 19, 2020.

1. Apollonia Dedicated Player

tl;dr

We need options to turn off or dim player names and titles.

Detail:

Graphic pollution is a really big problem in the game and has been for a while now. It would be really helpful if we had some options to turn off player names/titles in the UI. The UI currently does this for players at extreme distance but it might be helpful to add options for players visible at a closer distance since we don't need to see a lot of those names if they're so far away anyhow.

Some helpful suggestions would be:

1) Hide names of strangers (non-friends/grouped/leaguemates) completely
    2) Fade/Dim names of players (non-friends/grouped/leaguemates) completely
    3) Hide names of strangers further than 200' [ingame feet or whatever measurement]
    4) Fade/Dim names of strangers further than 200' [ingame feet or whatever measurement]

And so on.

Ideally, I'd like to only see who I'm grouped with in openworld and combat situations. But some may prefer fading instead. Others might have other suggestions too. Feel free to add on, if you have other suggestions.
    • Like x 1
  2. StealthBlue Loyal Player

There are already options to turn off at least titles and leagues in the UI, I'm not sure about names though. But at least you can force the game to only show 1 line per character.
    • Like x 1
  3. McSipp New Player

I agree completely..
    If a player or a group/guild want to play in they very own world and can't then DCUO should atleast allow minimizations of other players..
    ~~GrandTheft Auto onlines coolest feature ever is you're own private server or Los Santos with no tother players...
    Probably the 1st time iver ever experienced this in a mmo or online type game...

`Lastly,,,Can i make the whole chat box invisible? i don't want to see it when im playing solo.
    • Like x 1
  4. Apollonia Dedicated Player

I'd like to see the names, leagues and titles of my friends while not having the screen cluttered with the info of 100 strangers--it's an especially obvious issue in the Themy bounties. If the Devs do more of this type of content, I they'll want to look into this if they aren't already.
  5. StealthBlue Loyal Player

I looked after I got home yesterday, and there were more options than just on and off for titles and leagues. Those options are in the UI settings menu.
  6. Apollonia Dedicated Player

Imagine reading a QoL request for new features and then telling the person the existing features are good enough and to be satisfied by that. smh.

Oh well, thanks for the bump :)
  7. StealthBlue Loyal Player

I'm not arguing against hiding other player names as well, but your wording in your original post makes it sound like you weren't aware that there is an option to hide at least some of the things you mentioned already. At the time of my first post, I didn't point out that those existing settings were not all or nothing, and you replied that you wanted to keep some names so I pointed out there were some options other than all on or all off.

I'm sorry that I tried to help you reduce the screen clutter somewhat with tools that currently exist that you appeared to not be aware of, even though it wouldn't cover everything you wanted.
  8. Apollonia Dedicated Player

lmao. Seriously?

[IMG]

No, I made a really specific request -- clearly stating I wanted a way to turn off the Names (aka "Title cards") / namespace of players I don't know or am not grouped with.

You assumed I wasn't aware of the existing options, and you replied explaining features that had nothing to do with my request.

Nothing to apologize for. You weren't aware that I was more knowledgable than you and you assumed otherwise incorrectly. Mistakes happen. We learn from them. In the future I suggest reading more carefully and asking questions if you're unsure about something.

Cheers :)