QoL thought - Status for leaguemates

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Cordelia, Oct 4, 2022.

1. Cordelia Well-Known Player

I'm spitting this out before I've thought it through because I know I'll forget if I don't, so I expect everyone to tear it apart...

Would it be useful to have a status that shows up when people look at league members who are online that would indicate if they are available for running stuff? So when you are putting together a group, you know who to ask first.

Or maybe a "Do Not Disturb" status for league members who are busy and don't want to be ninja'd.

Or is that just a silly idea?
    • Like x 5
  2. Eve YouTuber

Ohh that would be nice. Leagues needs so much love and improvements!
    • Like x 3
  3. Proxystar #Perception

I don't mind the idea, I think it's fine, but at the same time I do question why you can't just ask in league chat? lol
    • Like x 4
  4. K3str3lDC Dedicated Player

Could be nice if it had like a green dot to indicate online and then if they're in an instance it can say "In Instance" or "In Group" or "In (name of instance)" or something like that. Maybe also some kind of little indicator they can set that tells leaguemates they're actively looking to run stuff, just open to running stuff, busy/do not disturb, etc.
    • Like x 1
  5. myandria Item Storage

Agreed; there are games that have this feature (Champions Online and City of Heroes: Homecoming) to a degree. What ends up happening, especially in a league/supergroup, is that many members will put on that "Do Not Disturb" so they can run missions in peace. This becomes another facet for leaders to manage; whom should the leader expect to leave themselves available most of the time and who isn't obligated as much to do so? This option would need to be implemented right away, with clear communication as to how it should be used and penalties for misuse; essentially, a new league rule needs to be created and enforced.

This option would also have to work for the entire player community, not just for leagues, in order for it to truly work and be accepted. I know it is very nice to be able to do outdoor missions solo and not have to worry about "blind invites" because the "Do Not Disturb" function is working: ("this player is not available for a group ") is what the kickback message will say to another player if that person tries to invite me to a group with it on.
    • Like x 1
  6. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

A "Do Not Disturb" status would be great. If I wanted to group people in my league I can just ask in the league chat or Discord.
    • Like x 2
  7. Emoney Dedicated Player

For the most part, the league page does this already. If you go to roster tab, toggle the online players only, it displays their locations. The only thing you can't tell from it, is if they are wanting to be grouped up, or busy. If they are in an instance, it displays the location. Same with open worlds. It also shows if they are in HoL and Watchtower. But, if a player is busy testing rotations or in the broker, checking mail etc. you wouldnt know...but that's just an easy text in league chat.

Adding a status symbol would be helpful for those situations I suppose, for those that dont want to ask. Although seems counter productive to be in a league and not want to socialize.

I would love to see an option to highlight leaguemates on the minimap similar to when you are in a group. So, if a few of your leaguemates are in the same area, theyd be a different color than green for your faction or purple for opposing faction.
    • Like x 3
  8. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

I just keep the "Ignore Group Invites" toggled on.
    • Like x 3
  9. Hraesvelg Always Right

Is it that onerous just...to ask? "Hey, anyone want to run x?" Is this just a younger person thing, like not calling a doctor to make an appointment? Fear of rejection? Malignant introversion?
    • Like x 3
  10. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

I think it is more like, “Hey, I’m needing help and Tiffany is cool, I’ll just ninja her, she won’t mind. She just logged on so I know she isn’t doing anything yet!” Lol
    • Like x 1
  11. Hraesvelg Always Right

Oh, on that point, yeah. I have made it a personal point to never accept a ninja invite. I'm open to running something about 90% of the time I'm asked...but just presuming you're owed my time and sending me an invitation without asking? Nah. Pound sand. Hell, we have in our league rules a non-ninja invite policy.

Consent is important, people.
    • Like x 5
  12. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Yeah, while I don't see it as a 'bad' idea, I'm not sure where this really helps much. A quick press on D pad will tell you who is online. A quick shout in League or tell chat SHOULD get you a response on if someone is interested in running something. The league roster will show you where people are (although it COULD be instanced vs just standing around in some areas), and you shouldn't be inviting anyone to group without a courtesy message anyway, but an invite to a grouped person will tell you they are already in a group. And if someone really doesn't want to be ninja'd, they can toggle invites off.

It seems like we should have all the components of what you want already in one fashion or another. I suppose having them all in one interface would be good though.
    • Like x 2
  13. Cordelia Well-Known Player

Ha! Yes, this.

Also, being certain that people want to join and don't miss a message in the chat (or if they have their sound down/headphones off, don't miss a comment).

But it was a passing thought, and thanks for the response on it.
    • Like x 2
  14. Forum Junkie Well-Known Player

Lol, this reminds me of work... People in accounts receivable are constantly having the "Do not disturb" flag up... Made me giggle :)
  15. Forum Junkie Well-Known Player

One could easily look at the league management window to deduce this information. DCUO becoming more like a job than a pastime everyday.
  16. Kozzie New Player

Speaking of Leagues needing love and improvements, can we get personal banks, broker and a respec in the league hall, already.
    • Like x 4
  17. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Lmao, mine would most likely be up all the time. On Xbox, people usually just "hide online" status, which in turn completely shows them offline on DCUO friend list and league roster ENTIRELY. Problem is, many folks have it set like that indefinitely, and you can never even tell if they are ever online (unless you click their name and it shows location in-game). Always wished this was different where it just showed them online in the game but flagged as do not disturb or something.
    • Like x 1
  18. GermanM Committed Player

If they could add an "invisible mode" would be nice too.
  19. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

As I was saying, Xbox already has that option so idk if they could possibly add a similar feature for other systems as well. However, I believe it only does that on Xbox because of some kind of legal issues unfortunately.
    • Like x 1
  20. Red Wáve Well-Known Player

Could be an Xbox thing, I supposed, but on both PS and Switch, you can go to League Management > Roster, then hit R3 (press right stick) to toggle "Show Offline Members"