QoL Request- Character Naming Expansion

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Icon, Jul 25, 2018.

1. Icon Active Player

This question is for the Devs.

Are there any plans to expand the naming capabilities of characters to include periods (Mr./Mrs. Superhero, H.I.V.E., T.O. Morrow), hyphens (Bat-Mite), multiple spacing ( B A T, The Boy Wonder, The Man Of Steel), apostrophes (Ra’s Al Ghul, Ma’alefa’ak J’onzz)?

I feel this is a win/win situation for both Daybreak and its customers. This upgrade would likely create a spike in cash flow for Daybreak with interested players purchasing multiple Name Change tokens to update their toons and giving players much needed flexibility to create more aesthetically pleasing and grammatically correct names for their main and alt toons. It’s only right that we have as much variety available in naming our toons as we have with accessorizing them.

Perhaps as an added benefit you could provide legendary members with one free name change token to add to your list of generous player gifts this year.
    • Like x 3
  2. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

What's wrong with xXxRAxSxALxGHULxXx?
    • Like x 4
  3. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

I thought of maybe a hashtag system similar to discord, where you get a faint hashtag next to your name, that way people can use the same name as someone else, but under a different hashtag, like TheLorax #1 and TheLorax #2 as an example (the hashtags would be smaller and fainter)
    • Like x 2
  4. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Than I can change my Quantum toon to Fatal Star #2?
    • Like x 5
  5. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Just remember, I'm #1 ;)
    • Like x 4
  6. myandria Item Storage

Ahhahahaaa!!!!

Waaaiiit....

We do not need more than one Fatal Star, thank you. Too many Lorax's may help Ivy get her "Urban Jungle" wish.
    • Like x 1
  7. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

That's fine because I don't even have a toon named Lorax xD
  8. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

No no we don't need more then one PROXYstar
    • Like x 3
  9. Icon Active Player

I'm not familiar with Discord but I've definitely had this conversation with a multitude of people over the years and I believe there is interest from the player base to justify updating.
    • Like x 1
  10. TybeeTahiri Devoted Player

Nope nope nope.
  11. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Which is true. I feel bad for new players trying to pick out a name
  12. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Dont feel bad for fgggbjfdu, they don't stick around long enough anyway.
    • Like x 2
  13. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Yeah they usually get banned for spamming the same thing over and over again in shout
    • Like x 2
  14. Kuno Loyal Player

We have different options but something needs to be done, because it's getting super hard to come up with a proper name:

- We could have our characters names internally attached to a some kind of domain, like a DCUO email, example: Kuno@DCUO.
    Champions Online has this system and I think its a win.
    - Another account wipe. I think they could release memory deleting level 6 players that were abandoned 5 years ago and are never coming back, due to PS3 drop or whatever. I've been monitoring few names I wanted for my alts created 7-6 years ago and it's VERY FRUSTRATING specially as someone with MEMBERSHIP to keep watching those abandoned characters using cool names, stuck in Metropolis station just after the tutorial.
  15. Icon Active Player

I agree with you that another account wipe is overdue. That should be an annual thing in my opinion however I've always been a little frustrated over the inability to create whatever name I want for my creations due to these current limitations. Hopefully this is something the Devs will take into account as they attempt to attract new customers.