QoL omni filter

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by BabyBoyzim, Nov 15, 2022.

1. BabyBoyzim Dedicated Player

Edit - I play support role on all 3 toons as main role, yet have an armory with dps gear/loadouts to avoid being part of the issue I describe below.

People won’t like this, but I don’t care.

Can we have an option similar to the task force x option that we can toggle, where we can filter put running with people in omni that do not have at least 2 armories? Entering an omni raid with 4+ tanks is never fun. Especially when none of them seem to have the knowledge or ability to switch roles.
  2. BumblingB I got better.

They have the disable role optional queues, which forces roles, but to be honest, what you are asking for definitely wont fly. Asking people to have a second paid armory is not good. We get one free one and only one free one and they aren't cheap.
    • Like x 2
  3. LowFlyingMoon Loyal Player

lol... No.

I can't imagine anything more fun than that... :)
  4. Ozman Well-Known Player

You can pay for my second armory then.
  5. RE puIse New Player

What concerns me more is when you have someone queue in as dual role then refuse to change to support role when they're the only tank (healer, troll) in the raid.
    • Like x 2
  6. RE puIse New Player

Or they're criminally under geared in the support role. Clearly never intending to run that role.
  7. LowFlyingMoon Loyal Player

It's omnibus. I'm happy if everyone has at least some gear on...

It's like chat roulette (is that still a thing?) - sometimes it's fun, sometimes it's not and sometimes it's some guy, jacking it...
  8. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

On FF14, for the Daily Roulette (their version of Omnibus) it will only queue for specific roles, 1 healer, 1 tank, 2 dps for example. The queue won't pop unless all of these roles are present. I think this might be a better idea?
  9. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

So if someone is the most epic healer in the game....he spits greens, swaps artis, pops shields, runs cogs and generally doesn't have any bodies to pick up...but if he does (can't heal stupid), he gets his pickups too. However, he only runs healer and will only queue as healer and as a result, ONLY has one armory as a result.

You don't want that guy?

I doubt they could code it, but a great player could have one armory and a terrible player could have 16....what does another armory prove?

Now....you want some sort of gate that prevents someone from queuing a role they cannot do? I'm down with that, however, what parameter do you want to use for that? It isn't armories....maybe artis?...augs? For EEG, neither are supposed to be required (and if you know what you are doing....are not required).
    • Like x 2
  10. Cyclonic Dedicated Player

It used to be one of each role back in the day. The game is just over run with dps now so they had to adapt to the players. And besides... MOST alerts can be completed with 4 dps in regular if not all. It would just slow down queue times and make every alert an overly defensive snooze fest.

I like it the way it is. Maybe they could force the tank and healer to do their jobs in a raid though. That would be amusing. It would certainly make them think twice about exploiting their off roles for faster queues and hindering the group.
    • Like x 1
  11. BabyBoyzim Dedicated Player

I’m down with that. Either that, or remove the damage debuff tanks/healers/trolls have. It’s a dated, and odd thing to have as this is the only MMO I’ve ever played that punishes support roles damage out like this. I did blind que a bunch of omni raids and each time no less than 2 tanks in every run. I did see in the worst run 4 tanks, two heals, a troll and a dps. Open for 74 minutes with lots of players leaving without doing anything but looking at the mess they qued into. Nobody wants to be in something, anything longer than they have to. I feel like any kind of help they could give to omni matchmaking would be welcome.

I’m not one of the ‘play this way’ people, I just que in, sigh to myself and leave. After a few of these just log out and do something else. These people are being left in duos (why support role in a regular duo? Looking to be carried?), alerts, raids to fail repeatedly because not many want to stay and run with them. You don’t even need an armory, just press up on the controller and switch role. I mean, I feel ya. I’m a support role primarily and get no fun out of dpsing, but for the love….help the group. At a certain point, not switching role is selfish and harmful to a group. Not looking to gate keep anyone out of content, there is no harm in asking for more filters or better matchmaking. That person that won’t switch role? They can be the star in whatever pops for them and they won’t have 4 other tanks playing boss tug of war with them.
    • Like x 1
  12. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I'm not super familiar with FF14, but aren't classes permanent., or at least not switchable 'on the fly'? You can't queue as healer and then dps, right? I mean you could be a bad healer, but you can't switch class after queue, unlike we can here. If everyone had to really lock in as either or, it would solve the queuing issue, but would lead to other issues.

We don't have issues with people queuing as role...we have issues with them doing those roles. If everyone were single class, no issues...well except incompetence....that isn't going anywhere.
    • Like x 1
  13. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

I'll have to check on that, because idk. It's late here atm so I'll ask my sister about it tomorrow and get back with you.
  14. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

I can agree with you on this subject.

[IMG]
  15. BabyBoyzim Dedicated Player

Keep in mind, I am not, or haven’t advocated for making anyone do anything. However I would like the filter option. I’d rather ‘suffer’ with my filters on and wait for a que rather than a destined to fail 7 tank omni raid.
  16. Cyclonic Dedicated Player

While I agree that having a group stacked with support roles is likely to waste a lot of time... it's just such a rare scenario that its almost never a factor.

Most people that primarily play a support role are better at damage than most dps'.

The natural order of progression starts you off as a dps. You're new and don't really know enough to play a role. Then you learn your support role to be more versatile and useful. Then you inevitably become a full blown sweaty creature surrounded by empty cans of energy drinks in the basement and lose your sense of reality.
  17. Realist617 Active Player

without reading past like 3 comments the easiest things would be to force the que to only allow players to que as one role and force the disable role optional instances. every similar game requires fitting roles to start an instance. also, leaving an instance in progress should net a 30 min cooldown to be able to que again. befor the hate comments start about DCing, the game knows the difference between willfully leaving and game crashes, network or power loss, force quitting the application, ect so it would be easy to not get a penalty for something unintentional.

It has been a nightmare since beta to que any instance in this game unless in a full group where you actually know and trust the entire team and i should really be like that. its easily avoidable but all the reasons it has never been address or fixed all point towards revenue in one way or another.
  18. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

While that might be the easiest thing to do, it still doesn't do anything for that guy that queues as tank and doesn't have any tank gear or artis, and would be hella counter productive for people that CAN do both roles effectively and for runs where all 4 roles aren't really needed (even if the buff was removed). There are some stupid easy alerts in the game, 4 roles are not required for almost any of them...even in elite where there are no buffs.

If given the choice of what we have today, with the chance of running into people queued for a job they are not capable of, and a future system where we are locked into a role and forced to take all roles on every run...I'll stick with what we have. Because guess what....that incapable player might still end up being there on top of the 'fixing'.
    • Like x 1