PvP vs PvE Weapon?

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by Dr Torched, Dec 3, 2013.

1. Dr Torched Well-Known Player

This topic is something I myself and others would like to figure out a reasonable answer to. Using a PvP or PvE weapon in PvP. I'd like to know personally so i don't waste my time using a PvP weapon when it turns out PvE is the way to go.
    Thanks in advance.
  2. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

IIRC PVP weapons raise your prec which makes a mod like Deadly block stronger, but PVE weapons have like 25 DPS higher than the PVP ones, so it's really really nice especially for prec DPS.
  3. Dr Torched Well-Known Player

I use a PvP weapon strictly for the prec as well but some still think PvE is the way to go.
  4. Ivy Bird Committed Player

PvP weapons are better for PvP (funnily enough) as all counter mechanic damage is calculated using your precision rather than the damgae stat on your weapon.
  5. Dirty Fred New Player

I Always use my PvP wep in PvP...

But guess it mostly depends on your playstyle?
    I do like to get Close & personal in fights so that extra thoughness helps out a lot...
  6. Waterfall Well-Known Player

Personally I prefer a PVP weapon. However, if you have a battery troller with you to keep your power up, I can see using a PVE weapon being a big plus.
  7. Dr Torched Well-Known Player

Now what if you use an 88 Weapon? Does it balance out? Will PvP or PvE do more dmg?
  8. ObsidianChillSucks New Player

Some people have some incorrect information in this thread ;) 10/10 its better to use the 88 PvE weapons over pvp, would I care if they were banned from pvp? no
  9. Solutha New Player

Is that still true for a precision based character? I haven't done the testing lately but the extra precision from the weapon use to stack with powers. If thats still true the PVP should be better in this instance.
  10. Dr Torched Well-Known Player

So friends and I tried testing it out. PvP Weapon hit for about 400-600 less per hold range then the PvE weapon.
    On a side note, Using a PvP weapon while you are a prec based dps still doesn't make it better. Tested with myself being Celestial, then Light. Prec added only gives it a 162 dmg per second where as the 88 weapon has a base of 192 dmg per second. Making the PvE ( must be 88 ) weapon stronger.

I was a strong believer in PvP weapons in PvP till now. Thanks for the feedback all.