PVP - Unbalanced, yet still not fixed?

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by ShadowTheHunter, Jan 10, 2015.

1. Sabigya Steadfast Player

When a game breaking issue does not get anything aside from "we are working on it" for 5 months you start to lose faith.
    • Like x 2
  2. CrazyArtBrown Dedicated Player

If you want to play with an overpowered bias on your side, play fire in the tank role. You won't lose very much damage fighting when precision oriented. And you'll gain self-healing that's a major benefit, similar to how you noticed that Sorcery has significant healing in arenas right now.

The discussion has turned ugly here, partly because you've made recommendations for changes in spots where you'd have been better off asking questions instead. I'm going to just turn those into questions and then answer them instead.

Is dual-pistols underpowered for PvP? Yup, sure is, because of how it gets countered. Switch to Hand Blasters or Dual Wield if you want a simple PvP weapon experience that's heavy on block-breaking instead. Some people like Rifle too. Not every weapon in the game is great for PvP; you're starting to see why you picked a bad one to start.

Are HL/Sorcery/Rage overpowered compared to the average power in the game? That's true right now, with the benefit of Rage being a bit less strong than the other two. The powers you're missing are nature and fire - tank, which some people think are even stronger than HL today. Ideally all powers would be equally good. But since that's impossible, there's always going to be some average powers, some above average, and some below average. You've identified some of the above average ones right now. The mix may be completely different after the next update.

Is PvP pay-to-win because the best powers are not F2P? That's not really true. Fire - tank, Sorcery - healer, and (I think) Nature - damage are all available to free players. HL - damage and Rage - damage are not. People who can't win PvP matches with one of the strong free powers are not going to get anywhere just switching to HL or Rage though. Those using one of the weak PvP powers would benefit from using a strong one. There are lots of strong ones available for free though.
    • Like x 4
  3. ShadowTheHunter Well-Known Player

Thank you for bringing this to my attention. I never had actually tried running Tank with Fire, which is why I was confused when people said Fire was one of the top powers. I thought the Damage role would be better precision-wise, but that really didn't work out to well. Do you think Ice has any worth in PVP?

I guess that was one of my main issues, that some weapons are better countered against others. I originally thought that all weapons should be even against each other in PVP, but then again I guess that would remove the variety. Perhaps the best option is just to learn another weapon better suited for PVP like you have suggested, and at least I won't have to pay physical money for that.

Thank you. I walked in here without enough information. Sorry for that guys. Well, I guess the thing I was getting at was the need for all players to have an equal advantage in PVP (since you will pay for a respec token otherwise if you can't make the cut with powers), but maybe this balance was already there and I didn't realize it. No game will be perfectly balanced.
    • Like x 1
  4. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

Coming into these threads with proper information is pretty much the first requirement to actually having any form of discussion. If you feel you're lacking information never feel afraid to ask questions. That's partially what these forums are for.

As per balance, arenas isn't balanced, however it is far, far more balanced than it has ever been.
    • Like x 3
  5. CrazyArtBrown Dedicated Player

Ice in the damage role seems above average to me, but not really powerful the way HL and nature are right now. In the tank role ice is terrible. What you lose in damage is not made up for by the improved defense boosts and shielding.
  6. SasquaT Dedicated Player

Get rid of power change tokens then we can start balancing or its never going to happend in my opinion.