[PvP Tournament] - DCUO US 4v4 Champions

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by KodyDerp, Feb 2, 2016.

1. Brother Allen Loyal Player

Currently on Live it is not even close. If Handblaster's Uppercut Mastery hit for the max hit via max crits on all 3 hits it would generate 4,005 damage at base entry stats, and let's be honest...you aren't getting 3 max crit hits in a row. While Shield's Overhead Plate Smash has the capability of generating 6,011 in one single max hit via max crit at base entry stats. That is a big difference. If you also look at Spinning Upslash, which is just tap hold, it has the capability of hitting upwards of 3,192. That is ridiculously close to Uppercut Mastery at max crit hits on all 3 hits.

Just so it is clear pit, Shield's Overhead Plate Smash is 4 tap hold, not 5, and Spinning Upslash is 1 tap hold, not 2 tap hold.

Once again though, I'm not saying HB is perfect. It isn't it needs a minor reduction. But Shield is an entirely different ballgame of DPS currently on Live.
    • Like x 3
  2. Eminence Dedicated Player

Dps, damage per second, not total damage. Like I said before, it takes a third more time to finish the overplate and does a third more damage. Why isn't time being factored in on this?? It's crazy to me that your guys' only argument is that its too much burst, but for the amount of time it takes to get off, it's in line with Handblasters! Hb, like souls said, is also a very viable weapon for survivability.

This nerf will only make Handblasters FoTM and probably the only viable weapon for competitve pvp.

I agree that spinning up lash should get a hit, but not 50%. 50% is not brining it in line with other balanced weapons, it's bringing it in line with other weak weapons.

I don't agree with that hb needs only a 15% nerf, at all, it should also get a 50% damage :nerf.

When you take overall average of hb uppercut, it's higher since it has three ticks, more chances to crit. Crits should also factor in on balance.

NERF HANDBLASTERS
    • Like x 1
  3. KodyDerp Dedicated Player

Shield is banned, handblasters are not, those are the rules. Make a separate thread about all of your shield/handblaster concerns please. I'm tired of going back and forth about something I've explained when I first banned shield.
    • Like x 3
  4. Superpatriot Dedicated Player

You hit the nail so hard on the head for me with what I highlighted. Shield isn't the only weapon being persecuted by this testing that was done. High risk aka slower weapons should get their High reward aka high damage. Two Hander, Brawling, Shield. All these weapons deserve to be doing MORE damage than what is being shown on that chart.

THIS is how FOTM weapons come into being, folks! A small group of people come out and say "this needs nerfed" and if they're loud enough the nerf happens. Don't believe me? Then you must be new to the forums because we've seen it happen for 5 years now. ALL weapons should be viable and in order to do that then TRUE testing needs to be done on their tap speed, hold speed, and tiered combo speed. Not just, "oh damn, that hits hard" testing that apparently was done here.
    • Like x 1
  5. Soul Dedicated Player

You've explained why its banned and several people explained why that is favoritism..

I don't think covering your ears is a good idea here Kody, especially when a lot of people take these things to heart.
    (League vs League scrims and such..)
    You make it sound like we wanted certain weapons to be this weak, News flash, we didn't.

You only see certain weapons being brought up because they're really lacking or really over-performing, that's the nature of things.

I still think weapon balance should happen, and I know for a fact most testers commented on the longer combos hitting too low.

No need to make us and everyone on test into the devil everytime something doesn't go the way we want it to.
    • Like x 1
  6. Brother Allen Loyal Player

You can't have it like that though Em as you'd be doing exactly what you are arguing against. If HB received a 50% nerf it would be horrible (20% is the max reduction it should receive). Shield's reductions on Test brings it in line with MA and I don't consider MA a weak weapon. Actually Shield is better than MA now that I think about it. Roughly same time of combos, quality of hit, yet Shield has 2 hard hitting options in 6 tap and 7 tap hold (which got buffed) that isn't AoE unlike MA which only has Smoke Bomb. But in the end Em, Tap Hold on Shield currently has the highest dps in the game as it has higher burst and DPS than Handblasters then coupled with a move that has the ability to take off 40-45% of your health in one swoop is a bit much to say the least.
    • Like x 3
  7. Brother Allen Loyal Player

We tested every weapon in scrims during testing. I didn't make the chart just to show what was hitting to hard, it was also made so the Developers could see what was not hitting hard enough. News flash...it worked. Some attacks on Test were in fact increased on weapons/combos that needed it as well as reduced a few weeks later. They just didn't make it in the first wave of changes. Trust me, I want weapon balance, but even if every weapon was balanced to absolute perfection DPS wise only a select few would be used in PVP because of their single target capability.
    • Like x 5
  8. Eminence Dedicated Player

They've mentioned it being op before it even hit live.
    • Like x 3
  9. Brother Allen Loyal Player

We brought it up many weeks ago during testing when I made the weapon chart.
    • Like x 2
  10. Derpina Active Player

Then you missed the entire debate of shield. Shields 1-tap, 2-taps were hitting the same level as it's 5-tap. It's 6-taps, 7-taps were hitting less than it's 1-tap, 2-tap.

Currently on test server, shield is fixed. Still hitting hard for a heavy weapon, which makes sense. But only the longer combos hit hard. So shield is fine. It's a done deal on test.

It's also a lot more difficult to balance weapon once time factors in. Which raises the question, should faster, lighter weapons be weaker? How much weaker? Can the melee combos be made weaker but the ranged combos stay stronger? Which weapon deserves to have strong melee vs. strong range damage? There are just too many factors once you start to pick the nitty gritty, but the testers and the developers did the best they could.

For players, not just you, to accuse the testers of making a certain powers/roles or weapon OP for selfish reasons is just not very nice. It's also not true.
    • Like x 3
  11. IamZACH Well-Known Player

Honestly I've been in enough dcuo tournaments to know that your never gonna make everyone happy just set the rules and start the tourney ppl r always gonna find n use cheese. Don't let others effect what day it's on, group size, and weapon/power restrictions. I've been in FNL, Olympus and even random players tourneys just enjoy and continue to find balance for the devs. PvP is finally looking up lets keep the competition up and keep the tourneys coming.
    • Like x 6
  12. KodyDerp Dedicated Player

The tournament is TOMORROW NIGHT!
    I am CLOSING REGISTRATIONS TONIGHT!
    Please REGISTER your teams by the end of today or if your team will not make it please remove your team from the bracket!

GET HYPE! LET'S SEE WHO THE BEST 4V4 TEAM ON THE US SERVER IS!

• Like x 3
  13. KodyDerp Dedicated Player

I want to direct this post towards THE PARTICIPANTS ONLY

This was just posted by Mepps today. If handblasters is truly fixed along with shield with the next update, would you guys like me to postpone until then with no weapon restrictions or would you guys like me to continue with the tourny tomorrow, with the shield restriction? Let me know please.

14. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

We don't have a date for 57 yet. I would suggest going ahead and thinking about doing another event later on.
    • Like x 3
  15. Brother Allen Loyal Player

My vote is to continue with tomorrow if possible Kody.
    • Like x 2
  16. Grand Shaw Loyal Player

You really want a tournament.

BRICE SMASH PUNY OPPONENTS! :p
  17. WockaFlockaPhil Dedicated Player

[IMG]
  18. KodyDerp Dedicated Player

Closing registration in TWO HOURS.

Tourny will be tomorrow.
    • Like x 1
  19. MyDpsIsBetter Dedicated Player

Good luck to all teams in the Tournament, I am sure it will be a huge success!
    • Like x 2
  20. TRELL1 Well-Known Player

So what time is this actually starting for ppl who want to watch? You have 3 different times on that page