[PvP Tournament] - DCUO US 4v4 Champions

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by KodyDerp, Feb 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WockaFlockaPhil Dedicated Player

Are you entering the tournament too? Or you duckin?
  2. WockaFlockaPhil Dedicated Player

3. cocolover2 New Player

what's bugged with batman right now? curious just played against one.
  4. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

I doubt we'll ever get to a point where there isn't some FOTM character or power that is considered OP by the community. As we get more balanced, even minor real (or perceived) differences become issues. I say this completely aware that we haven't spent any time on Legends yet, but also note we have 40+ characters. If 30 of them are balanced... play and have fun?

Either way, we like seeing tournaments and events, and would like to support them in whatever ways the organizers prefer.
    • Like x 8
  5. ArchelyMS Well-Known Player

40+, take away 10 for batman skins :p
  6. ArchelyMS Well-Known Player

Power 2, Battarang, it hits through White Flash Immunity.
    Breakout from Pressing the Block button, Shift on PC and R1 on Controller. You get White Flash Immunity for 3.75 gives you stun immunity. It ignores that and stuns you again at any time frame during 3.75 of Breakout > White Flash Immunity.
    Also, during it's stun, you are "Get these things off me stun" then the characters fights off like there's something on them and launches you in the air and pressing breakout first couple to few times does not work, sometimes the character will flap their arms as if they are doing breakout a few times and the grenades are still going though. Each grenade is like 4, each one kicks you up in the air.
    surprisingly the server doesn't even pick up the breakout function at the timeframe of "get these things off me stun" to launching you in the air.
  7. ZypherUSPC Committed Player

The PvP list of things to fix on live is literally:

• Tank damage absorption being actually 25% instead of 47%
    • Removing or stopping the panic CC effect (when paired with a stun) from forcing a character into an animation lock that can't be broken out of without the use of another animation like switching weapons, trinket breakouts, tank cleanses, anything usable while controlled
    • Toning down shields damage like it is on test relative to other weapons
    • Toning down HL damage (literally just needs a 20/25% damage reduction on construct combo powers)
    • Celestial AM activating in healer role
    • Earth's crystal pet one-shotting NPCs in shadowlands
    This is not an exhaustive list AT ALL. This is literally all that needs to be done to move off of damage and on the second phase of testing. Don't be misled by nonsense.
    • Like x 3
  8. Brother Allen Loyal Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 4
  9. ZypherUSPC Committed Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  10. Grand Shaw Loyal Player

I'd love for Legends to only have 10 bad apples. Unfortunately underpowered is almost if not just as important as overpowered. Some people got hype when Clutch used Superman in the last FNL, but I don't know if they realized that it was about how good Clutch is, not how weak Superman is, as he's one of the worst Legends in the game. No one else is going to use him in a player made tourney when they can use Donna Troy or Batman. That's the reason a tier list for Legends (thanks to CrazyArtBrown) exists.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/legends-characters-tier-list.232070/

Frankly, there is only a very small amount of Legends that are truly balanced.
    • Like x 2
  11. ArchelyMS Well-Known Player

I'd like to know why they all have different health, would all same health, same to almost same damage be balanced, other than Cat her clips are just insane.
  12. Grand Shaw Loyal Player

No. It wouldn't. I personally like to think health is something easy to alter whe you don't know what else to nerf or buff. Like WW for example. Nerf her health to Wonder Girl's and she'll be easier to kill. Same with Catwoman and Lex Luthor who have even less survivability than WW does.

This is Kody's Arenas thread. He's gonna hate me for all this Legends talk lol.
  13. KodyDerp Dedicated Player

The tourny will not be cancelled or postponed and after witnessing myself the mental stun lock, mental will stay banned. Other power's stun locks down't seem nearly as bad for whatever reason.
    • Like x 1
  14. Vaxtin Well-Known Player

I don't understand Mental being banned, stun locking happens often regardless and just as frequently with all the HLs running around. Fear + CC is the problem not Mental, this ban makes absolutely no sense whatsoever smh.

EDIT: Ban HL pls
    • Like x 1
  15. Grand Shaw Loyal Player

Never got around to answering your question.

Batman's block breaker still hits over 500 damage, and it's counter damage (block breaker) also hits for over 500. Neither of these should be this high, and should be reduced by 50%, just like most of the other legends, the same applies to the Flash and Robin.
  16. Talve Dedicated Player

Stun lock from HL is literally the same effect. Why mental seems worse thou is because for what ever reason it causes the effect much more often. One of the last games i was mental stun locked 7 times in 1 5v5 match as a healer. To play it safe, as a healer (yay, no additional breakout powers) you may never use your PvP trinket for anything else than this stun lock bug (not even against hard stun) as mental causes it way too often to risk it.
    • Like x 3
  17. Soul Dedicated Player

I think Terrorize has a unique animation lock and its overlapping Panic CC effects.

You could ban Terrorize from the tourny and it should effectively prevent this glitch.
    (Not sure why would anyone run a Mental dps without it tho, its kind of the same as banning Mental..)

Edit: Also, It's about ******* time Healer powersets got a breakout ability, even if just for the DPS stance..
    All it takes is giving Blessing, Boon of Souls, Swarm Shield and Flux a breakout effect..
    • Like x 1
  18. KodyDerp Dedicated Player

I wanted to test this but I have no mental characters and test server hasn't worked for me since they added the HL changes. But if anyome can 100% confirm that it is terrorize and menace causing this excessive stun lock, I'll unban mental but instead ban menace and terrorize.
  19. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

Weren't you trying to tell people how good mental was in arenas? Players got to get out there bubble l, and listening to others.
  20. 478874 Dedicated Player

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.