PvP raids ... Is this possible?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Darksilver320, Apr 9, 2014.

1. Darksilver320 New Player

I was running through the police station this morning and I started thinking, I'd like to see a raid where you are the defender and not the agressor, but how would you go about doing that?

Then I got an idea I wanted to throw out there, what about pvp raids or alerts. Something like, you are in an arena 1 battleground where you battle a team of heroes and the winner gets to face an iconic villain or hero (depending on the winner) for whatever marks or gear.

Let's do an example since I play villain, it'll make a bit more sense. A video comes up showing heros and villains being captured and put in a gladiator type arena. The winner gets a chance to fight the "Champion" which could be any number of characters but for argument's sake it's batman robin and let's say huntress.

The losers of the fight would be shown being imprisoned or put in shackles etc just somethin fun to see =)

Thoughts? Additions?
    • Like x 3
  2. Ava1Spade New Player

Watchtower/Hall of Doom Assault, 8 player PVP, already available.
    • Like x 3
  3. Statman New Player

Can't say I'm a fan of the idea. Would be content many PvE exclusive players would avoid, just coz they don't like PvP.
    • Like x 2
  4. EP Ice Loyal Player

I am not a big fan of PvP but it's not the content that bothers me but more of the over dramatic people that you are teamed with if not with your leaguemates.

To the OP, how about a scenario where the two teams fight through a bunch of bosses to get to one another and then they fight to the finish. For example, the villains and heroes start at different points and have to fight through different areas to reach the arena. There, they will fight each other for ultimate supremacy.
    • Like x 2
  5. Volkenraider Loyal Player

Yea when it doesn't bug out which is never lol
    • Like x 1
  6. Anhur Committed Player

I like!

There already exists a behind the scenes system for PvP match making - could be replicated for such a PvE instance, to ensure that high quality PvP'ers aren't constantly trouncing those of us who aren't too great and PvP.
  7. spack2k Steadfast Player

my pc cant handle anything larger than 16vs16 ...

maybe with league halls there will be a pvp raid in the future...
  8. Ava1Spade New Player

Totally never. This game runs super sweet 24/7. All the time. Like a boss.
    • Like x 1
  9. Volkenraider Loyal Player

My PS can't handle anything larger than a 1v1
  10. Buckley Loyal Player

PvP Armour and PvE Armour <-------- That right there is the problem.
    But in another game I play we q for a 20v20 match that has a PvE part where you collect resources to fuel a war machine after that you go and PvP and the machine you just got working aids you in the match. The winner of that match gets to do a top tier raid while the loser does the next best raid
  11. EP Ice Loyal Player

I would think the "raid/alert" would be done all in PvP gear since it would be a PvP instance or am I misinterpreting your statement?
  12. Buckley Loyal Player

As i understand it, you cant do PvE in PvP armour or the other way around. This is something ppl from both sides are fighting to get fixed. No PvP in PvE and the other way around.

What will we be fighting? the AI, sub bosses, mobs, Bosses? That is all PvE stuff. Then you get to the middle its PvP. What armour are we going to use? The simple answer is to have armour have toughness and defense from the start, lvl1 and up, but no one will give a inch on that debate.

So basically

means the community is the biggest opstical
  13. Statman New Player

That too, but we do have certain PvP maps where NPC's can be fought, so I would assume it simply falls under that category - which would make it a PvP map, lol.

Overall, the idea is fine, but PvP just isn't a huge thing in DCUO like it is in some other games. It seems most of the players are more PvE orientated (and so you could expect, the game development is about 99% PvE orientated). I'm not sure the idea would truly work for DCUO.
  14. ncgreenlantern Loyal Player

the pvp iconic solo's are bad enough .
    • Like x 1
  15. Buckley Loyal Player

I think its not a big thing because of the armour, if it was not such a mission to get to the top of PvP, there would be a lot more ppl PvP'ing.
    • Like x 1
  16. Buckley Loyal Player

But you are not pvp'ing. Its a pve environment, there is no pvp players just you and scripted AI. Also you are not using your character with our armour.
  17. BA Baracus Well-Known Player

I think the only way to do this is to make it an open world event. I know that we have had problems with people playing nice during PVE Open World Events but that was because they want to compete against each other in the first place.

So here is my idea, any number of giant attacks could occur and the heroes/villains in-phase respond. For instance:
    1. Giganta is rampaging through downtown and heroes must take her down. Villains can defend her. If she gets to her goal then the villains win, if not the heroes do.
    2. Kidnapping scenario. Villains can capture Lois Lane or Commissioner Gordon and hold her/him hostage. Hold them long enough and win the prize, heroes foil the plan and they win.
    3. Lastly, I would like to see a Lex Corp, Star Labs or Wayne Tech Assault. The villains want to steal some gear and the heroes want to defend it. This would probably be an 8v8 closed instance I guess but would be really cool if we could enter the building through a hole in the wall and it remains open world. The biggest building is probably LexCorp. Maybe the heroes are trying to recover something Lex has stolen. I am sure the interior of the Lex's Skyscraper is an empty shell but it could be filled with a maze of walls, stairwells and elevator shafts. The heroes enter through one point and the villains enter through another. Maybe some goons and cops could defend the hole/door. Get to the vault/armory/penthouse/whatever and win the assault. Successfully defend the loot room and win. The fight would mostly occur where the parties meet in the middle. This would pay off in reward boxes in keeping with the theme of acquiring some gear/tech/whatever.

Open world PVP has been a pain in Ring Wars and Diamond Heist because the heroes out number the villains by a long shot you say? Well, I have been here since day one and I am finally getting my feat for winning these things accomplished because I am not getting overwhelmed by five to ten heroes every time I try one. I also am getting help from villains. I know thats not a scientific survey but meh, it appears to be true from my perspective.
    • Like x 1
  18. Buckley Loyal Player

Almost forgot about that. I hardly ever do it, there is very few ppl there when it takes place or its all heroes/villains. I don't think there is a big enough reward to get ppl to do it other than getting feats.
  19. BA Baracus Well-Known Player

I completely agree. One mark is weak. If we could farm it for one mark at a time then the reward would make sense. But no one is going to spend replay badges for one mark. I say give us more marks for one win per day on each or keep in one mark and let us farm it. I think letting us farm it will help get the word out and attract larger numbers to the fight.
  20. Buckley Loyal Player

they can also give us a random lost pvp armour style as a reward. that way you can grind it in 2 ways. Weekly or replay.
    Do you here that DCUO/SOE that's the sound of more money.
    • Like x 1