PvP is turned off in alerts why isn't scrimmage?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by SparklingMayo, Jun 14, 2018.

1. SparklingMayo Well-Known Player

Such an annoying feature. Why doesn't this turn off during alerts/duos/raids?

Or even better change the interaction button for scrimmage.
  2. SparklingMayo Well-Known Player

YES, by god why the hell isn't it?

Near as I can tell it's just an option to allow jerks to be jerks. They always situate themselves where you'll have a 50/50 chance of keying the actionable item or getting stuck with their stupid selves.
  3. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Stop pissing people off and they won't send scrim
    • Like x 2
  4. Proxystar #Perception

That's it im sending you a scrim tonight!
    • Like x 2
  5. Proxystar #Perception

Do you mean when people have their flag on next to a portal or an npc?

I just activate my pvp gear duel them, knock them out and leave their dead carcass on the ground for someone else to pick up.

I then proceed to slow walk through the portal.
  6. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

Okay GUYS I think what the OP is referring to is players that leave that PvP flag flying high while they are ON a PvE mission. I've run into it a few times myself.. thankfully not often.. But you and Mr. PvP arrive at the same objective that needs to be clicked on to shut down a shield or whatever so you can do damage to a boss or get through a door. You click and it turns out thanks to the totally awesome targeting system we have because you are positioned a couple ticks to the right or left instead of clicking what you want/need to click you wind up clicking on your team mate . Now the game is set up so you don't actually wind up in combat but instead of accomplishing what you wanted to you now have a message on screen telling you the Scrimmaging is not allowed while in the instance. Then you get to reposition and try again. In most cases its just annoying but there is the potential for that tiny little issue to mean your team winds up wiping and getting to start all over again.

The point being IF its not actually possible to engage in a scrimmage inside the alert or raid why in go's name can't they actually shut off the PvP flag altogether? Want an example? Okay been a coupe years ago but on the Halloween alert.. The crystal appeared which meant, as we all know that Klarion becomes invulnerable to any attack. Well I rushed over to the crystal and so did another player on the team with his PVP flag proudly flying. I clicked to grab the crystal and got THAT message instead. And apparently I was in the right spot so my alt's body was blocking him from clicking at all. Now thankfully that did not result in a team wipe just cost us a few seconds in getting the thing moved to where it needed to go. BUT if PVP had just been disabled inside that mission so there wasn't even a possibility of clicking on HIM instead of the objective wouldm't things have been a whole lot easier? Yeah obviously if the guy had any sense he'd have tuned off his flag to begin with but we all know how that goes. Could be some thing the Devs might want to consider.

Now outside of a mission .. who gives a crap? LOL Not that it cant be annoying.. I know for a fact there are PvPers that will hang out by vendors and contacts to see if they can trick players into a scrimmage. Hey I have actually stood motionless and taken OFF armor and just let the jerk beat me fast so I could rez, have no damage to my gear and get back to the vendor/contact to do what I wanted to do. No desire to battle anyone I am here to PvE and have no desire to PvP with anyone.
  7. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

Oh yeah to the OP.. It used to be they left scrimmage on because players would actually scrimmage one another to build up a super charge before a boss battle . But I THINK they shut that off which is why we now get the annoying message. My guess? easier and faster to just "fix" the issue.. Although why that was an issue to begin with is beyond me...... Than to actually shut of scrimmaging completely inside every single mission in game. Just a wild guess
  8. Schimaera Devoted Player

Settings-> Gameplay-> turn off Scrimmage

You're welcome :-*
    • Like x 1