PVP Is Dead- Why Not Give PVP Feats For Free?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by JSnaples, Aug 13, 2023.

1. JSnaples Committed Player

This isn't 2013 anymore where everyone and their step dad are running PVP, it hasn't even had an update since 2016.

Its literally impossible to run any 8v8s or 5v5s anymore, about the only PVP instance that pops up is 1v1 and 2v2.

I can already hear the vets screaming at me as I type this "NO IT SHOULDNT BE FREE! I QUIT MY JOB IN 2012 TO GET ALL THE PVP UPDATES IN ONE WEEK, WHILE MY MOTHER WAS BATTLING CANCER AND I HAD A HERNIA!"

Well this is a decade later, dcuo treats PVP like a red headed step child. There's tons of pvp feats just sitting there because the only way you could possibly get a queue is if you run with your league but who has 16 league members that will help you get all those feats? Very small percentage.

If you want to make it a little harder, make them buy able with replay badges or something. I don't know. I do know that it's impossible to get 75% of PVP feats in 2023 though. The game doesn't have the population for that anymore and you will be waiting for hours if you try to queue up on your own.

Go ahead and tell me how stupid I am in the replies, I know it's coming.
    • Like x 11
  2. Proxystar #Perception

First answer this question for me - What do you even need the feats for?
    • Like x 2
  3. TI99Kitty Dedicated Player

Probably wants the SP/Titles. Or is a completionist.

I'm of two minds about this. On the one hand, most people who started playing only in the last few years will never be able to get them, but on the other hand, I think it would be a bad precedent for Daybreak to just give away all the feats -- or worse, sell them.

Also, it doesn't really bother me not to have those feats. I really don't care, though maybe 10 or even 5 years ago, I would have felt like I had to "catch them all."
    • Like x 4
  4. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

I agree. They should because like you said this is a pve game now
    • Like x 3
  5. Proxystar #Perception

I disagree with this still, if you're after a better PvE experience then there's plenty of PvE feats they could start selling before they touch PvP feats.

What they should be doing with PvP is running weekly bonus weeks on 1 map on a rotating roster to encourage people to play one map to help with feat pops, I'd maybe even chuck in a few extra exclusive styles tied to marks just to push people in.

Even if its broken this can be alleviated through elevated participation.

(for the record I'm not against selling the feats per se, but I don't think PvP really needs to go there quite yet, I would agree with you wholeheartedly if, the bonus week idea failed).
    • Like x 4
  6. Prindacerk Committed Player

Have asked this before (early this year). Got denied by most of the player base here. Be ready to defend your stance.

1... 2... 3...
    • Like x 1
  7. Cyclonic Dedicated Player

Instead of asking for free hand outs... ask for an alternative where they could be bought for hundreds of source marks or spmething. Play it like you actually want to put in some effort. They are feats after all.

Then I might have some sympathy for you. Now? Go to your room. You're grounded.

I hope they come up with a new currency for Elite Plus that people can use to buy them. It would probably still be easier than getting some of those feats back in the day.
  8. willflynne 10000 Post Club

I'd be more inclined to believe that PvP is dead if I can go into one of the hub areas and not see duels taking place and people getting all snarky with one another about their supposed greatness or complaining about an opponent having the audacity to use a Soder during a fight.

But that's just me. :D
    • Like x 4
  9. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

1v1 or 2v2 might still be active, but 8v8s is dead as Disco.

They still don't need to give out the feats or sell them though. Just give people a reason to run PvP, even in a broken capacity.

2x or 5x bonus weeks like Pve legends, bonus currency like 2x SM. Something before going right to 'give them out'.

BTW. We all know you can just get 2 groups of like minded people and get the feats done....so they are far from 'impossible' to get.

Or hey...if they want them given away, give them away after someone has all BUT the PvP feats. If they have every other feat in the game....fine, give them away. I doubt anyone who is asking for them will get any for free.
    • Like x 3
  10. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

If they fixed PvP it would be more active. It they fixed PvP and then added some incentive that would drum up some player interest. If they don't plan on fixing PvP they should just remove arenas from the On Duty menu and give everyone the respective feats.
    • Like x 5
  11. Proxystar #Perception

You can, but it's frowned upon and allegedly ban-able which raises the obvious issue, why not just let people get the feats via scrimmages, that's basically what they're doing anyway, the game is just making them go through the burden of peering through its ridiculous matchmaking process.
    • Like x 1
  12. FoolsFire Devoted Player

Not sure how realistic this idea would be, but give out loot boxes for making it through the end of a PvP match.
    1x1 = 1
    2x2 = 2
    4x4 = 3
    8x8 = 5

Each box would grant a chance to receive an unlocked Time Capsule. The only Time Capsules available would be those orphaned and whose items are in the Quark Vendor. The more people in the instance, the greater the chance to get a Time Capsule.
  13. GrumpySnorlax Level 30

Yeah that should be done honestly .
  14. FathfulWatcher New Player

Nothing is given for free, pvp will be fixed one day till that time comes nothing should change. However bonus weeks may be a thing one day.
  15. STsource Well-Known Player

Like i keep saying stick the feats in to scrimmages; You still have to earn them.
    • Like x 1
  16. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

If they aren't going to fix PvP, trading wins...to me...is at least a viable way to 'earn' the feats vs giving or selling them. And yes, if they gave points for scrimmages, people would 100% still do trading to get the feats.

The day they shut down PvP, it becomes no longer an option and I'd be open to listening to either argument about how they are 'impossible'. Till then...they are not.

And if they actually started banning for trades, but still allow speed hacking 'wins' in 'legit' runs, well....it says something for the kind of players they prefer. Personally I'd rather run with a group of people who know how to form and co-ordinate teams and achieve a goal....which yes...trades take doing that.
    • Like x 2
  17. Tarn Level 30

PvP is broken mostly because....players. Back in days, when dev team had more people, there was constant whining that 1 specific power/attack is too op/weak which lead to all the time nerfing/buffing something and ther was flavours of the month powers. With time and shrinking dev team, all those tweaks was harder and harder to balance for both PvE and PvP, thats why they need to leave PvP and focus on PvE and things that give money.
    When i look on current PvE content and how they strugle with it, i simply cant imagine that they will put time/efforts in PvP.

Atm, imo, only fast solution for PvP would be to nefr all support roles dmg output to the ground - if u want to kill in PvP, sure you would be able but only in dps role, and if you will play support then it should take you 10 times longer then as in dps role.
    Also it would be helpfull to remove internal matching system in PvP, which atm lead to very long and que even when 2 groups for the same arena, game dont matching those groups.

When it comes to giving PvP feats for free - how it would be fair for basiclly for anybody? Older players needed to spent long hours for earning those feats. And even when ignore old players, will it be fair to get feat just by paying for it? You have money then you better?
    • Like x 1
  18. BumblingB I got better.

I've said this before. Have the same people mention why we shouldn't. Usually spouting a method that is technically not allowed by the TOS, but no one cares because it's a dead feature.

There is no real answer to why, because ultimately the devs probably are holding onto a string on eventually "fixing" and bringing back PvP. There were reasons why it's in the state it is in and it just got worse post Stats Revamp.

Do I need the feats? No, but it's pretty much unavailable for the majority of the player base. USPC/PS server has a big population and it still is a nightmare to even try and coordinate battles. Worse for EU, then XB, and finally, NS exists...
    • Like x 1
  19. Raven Nocturnal Devoted Player

This is the best course of action, to be fair.

I was able to get them all on Xbox by having 2 accounts, 1 to fill villain group and 1 to fill hero group. Now I obviously can't say we were "trading" wins, per se, but it was the best way to get 8v8s to pop. However, the queue system with that is extremely flawed, and usually had to have players drop and "solo Q" to get it unstuck...
    Being able to get the feats via skirmishes would have prevented the stress of fighting with the broken queue system for what sometimes was 40+ minutes before it would pop.
  20. willflynne 10000 Post Club

But there's the rub. Any time they've tried to make some fixes or changes, there was backlash along the lines of "we didn't want THOSE kinds of fixes!!!"

There's never been any sort of concerted effort by players that I've seen to come to ANY sort of consensus about what they'd want to see/expect in fixes for PvP. And despite those that would immediately say, "Well that's not our job, that's what the devs need to do!" player consensus is going to be necessary because without it the devs would pretty much be wasting their time.

Players in this case need to step up, and they'll also need to keep in mind that the devs will have their own ideas on what to do.
    • Like x 1